Steelers DB Damontae Kazee is suspended the rest of the season.

BroncoSojia

1 hour ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

How is it strange? some people look at it objectively and can see how this happened. This is a very narrow way of looking at it, this makes me question your athletic background, how could he have played "good defense" and went for his legs when his legs were in the air behind him? 

Have you ever played defense to even make suggestions like this?

Nice strawman argument here. "This is a very narrow way of looking at something and because it's different than my opinion, I question your athletic background (because me saying that makes me seem more credible for my opinion and changes the whole argument about who can even give an opinion about something.)" Honestly an extremely weak way of communicating and having a discussion but I'll keep any other thoughts to myself. 

He leapt and hit the defender in the air, correct? So, his goal was to hit him in the air to dislodge the ball, correct? Because if he would have gone for his legs and wrapped him up, the player hits the ground and is down no matter what. That's only one option. Another option would be to lead with your shoulder and hit him/wrap him up that way. He had an unobstructed path to the WR and while I am all for good hard hits, if you can't control yourself enough athletically, you need better technique. Otherwise, if you continually show you can't do that then you're not going to be playing football in the NFL for long.

Sorry if I'm not showing my athletic prowess in these arguments. I promise I'm currently benching large objects and tackling unsuspecting adults while writing this response. 

5 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I disagree. 

A) If you replay it at 0.5 you see he literally tried to come in with all shoulder and jar the ball. Nobody here believes that Kazee intentionally tried to injure the guy, it was just an unfortunate scenario. There was no celebration, there was no excitement, the only thing he did was check and see if he caught the ball, which is what his job was.

B) It easy for you to say, I'm curious to see what you would have done in that situation knowing its your job to not let him catch the ball? 

I don't think it was intentional. I don't think the league said it was. It was incredibly dangerous, but not necessarily intentional.

As I said before, the question of "what is he supposed to do?" is asinine. He is not supposed to flagrantly break rules that have been in place for a decade and a half. He is not supposed to lead with his head and hit the receiver in the head while he is horizontal. You are not allowed to break the rules to stop the opponent from doing ANYTHING. It's a ridiculous point to try to make. People tried to make the same points when the league started to protect the QB, when they started to protect receivers going over the middle, when they started banning head to head hits etc.

And honestly? Kazee could have played the ball instead of taking a direct angle to crunch a defenseless receiver. You say it was bang bang?

dm_231216_KAZEE_BIG_HIT.jpg

Then how does he take the PERFECT angle  and launch directly into Pittman's head? This isn't a straight on shot, it's angled. Kazee is clearly going for the biggest hit he possibly can. He's looking Pittman directly into the hit.

The defenses here are silly. This hit was brutal and Pittman is lucky he didn't break his back. It was totally illegal and deserves a 3 game suspension.

Minshew is certainly not blameless for this either... But you can't suspend the QB. You can only know that he'll get receivers killed in the future.

There was no celebration, there was no excitement, the only thing he did was check and see if he caught the ball, which is what his job was.

This is flat out untrue. He made the hit, got up, celebrated the incomplete, saw the flag and walked away.

https://www.google.com/search?q=kazee+hit+incomplete&source=lmns&tbm=vid&bih=1325&biw=2560&client=firefox-b-1-d&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjSiqXXt5yDAxWUOTQIHXv_AD4Q0pQJKAF6BAgBEAQ#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:56ca3629,vid:VpKGY8P11ik,st:0

Edited by nagahide13
  • Like 1

On 12/18/2023 at 4:13 PM, Warhorse said:

Seriously? The only option is to launch....and lead with the helmet on a defenseless WR?

Lol. 

I mean he literally did neither. To launch he has to actually leave his feet. To lead with his head, he has to actually... lead with his head. What he DID do was piss poor form tackling that will get him Shazier'd but saying he launched and lead with his helmet is defintiively wrong.