Week 16 GDT: Raiders at Chiefs - All I want for Christmas is a W

NYRaider

Winner  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Winner

• Raiders
    • Chiefs

5 hours ago, Jerry said:

He’s gotten better. I remember early in his career he was taken down with arm tackles. He’s gotten better at running through arm tackles and holding onto the ball. I honestly thought he was going to be bad for a while. Now I’m thinking we should consider letting Jacobs walk if Zues keeps producing at a high level the last two weeks of the season.

I wouldn't necessarily let Jacobs walk but incorporate Zues more like every few drives then it's Zues's drive.  That rotation could really throw defenses off.

23 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

The defense is literally confusing QB’s and OC’s all game, every game. Graham is putting out a MASTERCLASS every game. Without Graham, AP and his “motivation” wouldn’t be doing jack **** right now. 

Opponents were averaging 23.4 points per game under McDaniels. They're averaging 15.3 points under Pierce, who retained defensive coordinator Patrick Graham. The turnover margin was minus-8 before the switch; it's plus-5 under Pierce.

The Raiders also rank first in the NFL in scoring defense since Pierce took over. They were 22nd through Week 8. Since Week 9, the Raiders have blitzed less -- a league-low 12% of dropbacks (they were at 24% through Week 8, 15th highest in the league) -- but have more sacks under Pierce, 24-16. And their opponents' Total QBR has dropped from 60 to 39 with Pierce as interim coach.

1 minute ago, raidr4life said:

Opponents were averaging 23.4 points per game under McDaniels. They're averaging 15.3 points under Pierce, who retained defensive coordinator Patrick Graham. The turnover margin was minus-8 before the switch; it's plus-5 under Pierce.

The Raiders also rank first in the NFL in scoring defense since Pierce took over. They were 22nd through Week 8. Since Week 9, the Raiders have blitzed less -- a league-low 12% of dropbacks (they were at 24% through Week 8, 15th highest in the league) -- but have more sacks under Pierce, 24-16. And their opponents' Total QBR has dropped from 60 to 39 with Pierce as interim coach.

Because Pierce has given Graham freedom, McDaniels was roster-strict. 

1 hour ago, Darbsk said:

Also, can we please, please, please just accept now that the 'QB Wins' stat is nonsense................we've just beaten the team with the unanimously best QB in the NFL with our rookie 4th round backup QB not completing a single pass in three quarters of game play 😁😁

Surely, we put the final nail in that coffin now?

Wouldn't that be lovely? It's such a lazy stat to use in every sense. 

• Like 1