Week 16 GDT: Raiders at Chiefs - All I want for Christmas is a W

NYRaider

Winner  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Winner

• Raiders
    • Chiefs

7 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

You can't quit can you? Always have to have the lost word.  Seriously man, get help.... you take this all way to seriously. 

Your poor reactions to other people are because you are taking this all personally. You've attached you opinions to your identity. No longer is a person disagreeing with your opinion, they are attacking your identity which hurts your feelings. You feel compelled to hurt people back so you fire off visceral responses and vengeful comments without realizing you are under the spell of you own emotions.

Coming from the guy who couldn't go 2 days without tagging me. Laughable.

So that's pretty much what we all expected right?  Nice to get a win in KC on Xmas.  Defense looked amazing and the best I've seen in probably 20 years.

However, the overreactions and extremes on this board are hilarious.  I could take some credit away from the defense, but I won't.  I also won't shade the offense to hard, even though they really didn't show up.

The NFL is really funny sometimes.  I watched the Chiefs beat the Raiders 17-6, but the final score was 20-14 with the Raiders winning.  Can't make this stuff up.

5 hours ago, NYRaider said:

My brother in christ over the last two weeks, everytime we've made a good play you can see Jimmy on the sideline pumped up. When Carr got benched last year he packed it in and didn't even bother showing up to support his teammates, there's a major difference there. 

I appreciate the sentiment my good man but I’m an Atheist 😁

I like Garoppolo as a person, seems to be a good dude and teammate but it seems like just ragging on Carr for the sake of it. You dont like the guy, fair enough, no need to keep dragging it up all the time to deflect.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I like Garoppolo as a person, seems to be a good dude and teammate but it seems like just ragging on Carr for the sake of it. You dont like the guy, fair enough, no need to keep dragging it up all the time to deflect.

Guess I thought people would finally not be crying about Carr in here but that's obviously not the case. Maybe I'll come back in a month or so and it'll be different.............. highly doubt it..........

Edited by BobbyPhil1781
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Guess I thought people would finally not be crying about Carr in here but that's obviously not the case. Maybe I'll come back in a month or so and it'll be different.............. highly doubt it..........

You could probably come back in two years and it'll be the same with whomever our starting QB is at that point. Maybe a only a Superbowl can help this situation 😁

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I'm just saying it's nice to have a player that's still bought in even after being benched.

4 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Your idol got exposed unfortunately buddy. 

Top 6 defense

Super Bowl OC

Elite RB

Pro Bowl WR

Still going to finish under .500

11 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I'm just saying it's nice to have a player that's still bought in even after being benched.

Oh, absolutely. I don't dislike Garoppolo the person at all. 

It's kinda like when guys continue to take shots at you on Garoppolo still, OK you were wrong, but you've come out and said so, so fair duece to you and I'm not going to ragg on you for your takes at the beginning of the season when everyone was optimistic. That is gone now. But Carr is gone now also.

I think we should just focus on who we should be getting at QB (as you were right about O'Connell more than likely not being any kind of starter moving forward) and just let old dogs lie. We look like a team in the ascendancy and we'll likely have at least a couple options of rookie QBs, we're not that far away I believe.

Also, can we please, please, please just accept now that the 'QB Wins' stat is nonsense................we've just beaten the team with the unanimously best QB in the NFL with our rookie 4th round backup QB not completing a single pass in three quarters of game play 😁😁

Surely, we put the final nail in that coffin now?

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Oh, absolutely. I don't dislike Garoppolo the person at all. 

It's kinda like when guys continue to take shots at you on Garoppolo still, OK you were wrong, but you've come out and said so, so fair duece to you and I'm not going to ragg on you for your takes at the beginning of the season when everyone was optimistic. That is gone now. But Carr is gone now also.

I think we should just focus on who we should be getting at QB (as you were right about O'Connell more than likely not being any kind of starter moving forward) and just let old dogs lie. We look like a team in the ascendancy and we'll likely have at least a couple options of rookie QBs, we're not that far away I believe.

I agree buddy, just happy Jimmy G is a better team player than he is a QB. Hope you had a Merry Christmas

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I agree buddy, just happy Jimmy G is a better team player than he is a QB. Hope you had a Merry Christmas

Yeh I did, great Christmas and the icing on the Christmas cake was a win at Arrowhead!!!

You have a good Christmas dude?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Agreed. Graham's defense was playing well most the season. But they've elevated under Pierce. This is a case where the two guys have complimented each other. Graham's calling a good defense and Pierce has gotten more buy in post JMD. Now to keep it going. 

Opponents were averaging 23.4 points per game under McDaniels. They're averaging 15.3 points under Pierce, who retained defensive coordinator Patrick Graham. The turnover margin was minus-8 before the switch; it's plus-5 under Pierce.

The Raiders also rank first in the NFL in scoring defense since Pierce took over. They were 22nd through Week 8. Since Week 9, the Raiders have blitzed less -- a league-low 12% of dropbacks (they were at 24% through Week 8, 15th highest in the league) -- but have more sacks under Pierce, 24-16. And their opponents' Total QBR has dropped from 60 to 39 with Pierce as interim coach.

• Like 1