Week 16 GDT: Raiders at Chiefs - All I want for Christmas is a W

NYRaider

Winner  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Winner

• Raiders
    • Chiefs

Just now, NYRaider said:

You also said that AOC is better than Jalen Hurts because he can process a defense. 

AOC locks onto his first target almost every play, lol.

I said O'Connell can read his receiver progressions. Hurts can't. O'Connell also is only 8 games into his career while Hurts has 4 years in.

2 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

You do you. We have some obvious talent and some things progressing well. I still wouldn’t be mad with a Frank Smith hire but I like AP and he coached a damn good game today. Credit where credit is due. I won’t be upset if they hire him now and I think Kelly really wants to go get a QB based on recent comments which would have the potential to unlock the whole offense. 

Obvious talent where?

Jacobs is likely gone after this year and there's a good chance that Adams / Renfrow are both gone as well. Which leaves you with Meyers, Mayer, and White as your three main skill position guys with AOC at QB.

Defensively we're below average almost everywhere, PG has just put on a masterclass performance as the DC.

1 minute ago, PhillyRaider said:

I said O'Connell can read his receiver progressions. Hurts can't. O'Connell also is only 8 games into his career while Hurts has 4 years in.

AOC was dreadful today and was clearly just locking onto his #1 read the entire game which is why he finished with 9 completions for 63 yards. 

Hurts put up a better perfromance passing the ball in the Super Bowl than AOC did in both of his games against KC combined.

Anyone that watched the game today and can tell me that AOC is a better player then Jalen Hurts simply doesn't know football.

19 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Not necessarily in the first. Penix, McCarthy, maybe even ewers. Someone with talent will be there in the teens to 20s

Ewers and McCarthy look like they aren't declaring. Ewers for sure, McCarthy is still in the air but looking like he'll come back. I'm thinking he's tying his horse to if harbough comes back. 

23 minutes ago, NickButera said:

I don't think we'll be able to. There's going to be a record number of QBs taken in the top of this draft. So unless we reach and grab someone who's not worth a first round pick, they won't be there for the taking. And there's not any above average QBs on the market this offseason either. 

My opinion is no. We can't take a QB now. 

We will see. 
I could see us trading a first, next year 1st and DA to move up. 

it is our by far biggest need. 

winning without a QB is impressive, even more so against the best qb in the league.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

AOC was dreadful today and was clearly just locking onto his #1 read the entire game which is why he finished with 9 completions for 63 yards. 

Hurts put up a better perfromance passing the ball in the Super Bowl than AOC did in both of his games against KC combined.

Anyone that watched the game today and can tell me that AOC is a better player then Jalen Hurts simply doesn't know football.

What game did you watch? How many dropped balls did the receivers account for today? You blame O'Connell for that. I guess you also blame him for the fact the O line struggled too.

This game was literally perfect. 
we won, aoc sucked. 

it is clear qb play is holding us back. 

after a perfect weekend of scenarios the raiders needed… 

and we have fans complaining.., 

classic raider life. 

truthfully though, merry Christmas to everyone’s family. Santa got me the one thing I wanted!

• Like 5

Just now, BackinBlack said:

This game was literally perfect. 
we won, aoc sucked. 

it is clear qb play is holding us back. 

after a perfect weekend of scenarios the raiders needed… 

and we have fans complaining.., 

classic raider life. 

truthfully though, merry Christmas to everyone’s family. Santa got me the one thing I wanted!

Merry Christmas buddy 

If we do keep AP I’m fine with it at this point just pray we get a new OC and QB. 

My AP disses are over 

at this point let’s win out and shoot for the playoffs 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, PhillyRaider said:

What game did you watch? How many dropped balls did the receivers account for today? You blame O'Connell for that. I guess you also blame him for the fact the O line struggled too.

I watched it and I agree with NYRaider, O'Connell overall looked pretty blah. He missed a lot of throws, looked uncomfortable anytime he had to scuffle to the side or move up in the pocket. Last week he could find a target in under 2 seconds but today he couldn't find a target in 3-5 seconds. Cheifs secondary did a good job and O'Connell had no answers. 

• Like 2

I’d actually be fine hiring in-house, as long as it’s Patrick Graham. He is by far the most important piece to the team outside of Maxx Crosby. AP was only given the interim job not distract Graham from his DC role. Graham has been a legit HC candidate over the past half-decade, has true leadership just like AP does, and we would keep this Defensive Scheme as long as he is HC. 

41 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

I’m not swayed by emotion, AP is not a long term answer. Just like I told you guys Carr is trash. Some of you are easily fooled and swayed, it’s kind of ridiculous. AP is not a long term HC, guaranteed 6 wins max with him as HC next year and I’m willing to take bets on it. 

Lololol wow ok

Just now, NYRaider said:

Merry Christmas buddy 

If we do keep AP I’m fine with it at this point just pray we get a new OC and QB. 

My AP disses are over 

at this point let’s win out and shoot for the playoffs 

That would be the expectation. Would not want AP if those 2 things aren’t a priority to upgrade.

• Like 2

Just now, Justwinning said:

I’m good with AOC as a backup. He definitely can’t be the starter unless it’s as a bridge.

AOC has shown he can be a spot starter and win you games if he has to play. That’s all you can really ask for with a backup QB. 

Now if we can dump Jimmy and land a rookie franchise QB with all of the cap space we have we can potentially turn it around fast.

• Like 2