MNF: Baltimore Ravens @ San Francisco 49ers

Manny/Patrick

2 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

They’d still have a worse conference record than SF (assuming SF wins as well) but would overtake Philly for SOV for #2. But all 3 teams are still in play with 2 games left. 

I hope not. I want the rams to play det so bad. We match up so well with them. And experience will always play a factor. 

Darnold sucks, just like Nick Mullens and Jimmy Garoppolo, and yet still looked just like all other 49ers QBs since 2018. Purdy being better than those guys doesn't make him the MVP, or Drew Brees with more athleticism, or Tom Brady with Lamar Jackson's first 10 yards burst, it means Kyle Shanahan is the best offensive mind in the game with the best arsenal of Skill position weapons at his disposal

Just now, HerbertGOAT said:

Darnold sucks, just like Nick Mullens and Jimmy Garoppolo, and yet still looked just like all other 49ers QBs since 2018. Purdy being better than those guys doesn't make him the MVP, or Drew Brees with more athleticism, or Tom Brady with Lamar Jackson's first 10 yards burst, it means Kyle Shanahan is the best offensive mind in the game with the best arsenal of Skill position weapons at his disposal

the 10 yard burst thing from Lombardi was some epic hilariousness. We had a good bit of fun with that even in the 49er forum. Lombardi is such a tool 

• Like 1

This is the same Ravens team the Rams put up 30 took into OT. Was a 3rd and 17 play away in regulation from possibly winning. So my take away from this game is just how good the Rams are now that they can play like that against the Ravens in the bad weather on the road when the Ravens are destroying every other team in the NFCW and other teams like the Lions and Jags.

Now with the Niners this just shows again they dont have an elite QB. Purdy is nice very nice but he isnt an elite QB. Again look what Stafford did to the Ravens defense. He gave the Rams a chance to win. Unless the Niners are in the perfect situation Purdy wont thrive. Then when Trent Williams went down it was over. 

That is the flaw the Niners have. They wont be trailing in the 4th quarter alot but if they do especially in the playoffs the question will be do they have the QB who can lead them from behind to win? We've seen Mahomes do it. We've seen Stafford do it. We've seen Lawrence do it. We've seen Goff do it. You wont be able to play with the lead in the 4th quarter every game. And if Purdy cant then thats the final piece to the puzzle. Trying to get a QB that when everything isnt working or if key players are missing and/or struggling that QB will still find a way to make plays and win games. 

Edited by stl4life07

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

SF had a 1.5 game lead on everyone for the 1 seed. They have to lose twice in their last three. Once tonight, now they will have to lose to Washington or the Rams in the next two...and of course the Lions / Eagles have to win out. 

maybe Lions get it, then eventually Stafford goes back to detroit for a playoff game ?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

This is the same Ravens team the Rams put up 30 took into OT. Was a 3rd and 17 play away in regulation from possibly winning. So my take away from this game is just how good the Rams are now that they can play like that against the Ravens in the bad weather on the road when the Ravens are destroying every other team in the NFCW and other teams like the Lions and Jags.

Now with the Niners this just shows again they dont have an elite QB. Purdy is nice very nice but he isnt an elite QB. Again look what Stafford did to the Ravens defense. He gave the Rams a chance to win. Unless the Niners are in the perfect situation Purdy wont thrive. Then when Trent Williams went down it was over. 

That is the flaw the Niners have. They wont be trailing in the 4th quarter alot but if they do especially in the playoffs the question will be do they have the QB who can lead them from behind to win? We've seen Mahomes do it. We've seen Stafford do it. We've seen Lawrence do it. We've seen Goff do it. You wont be able to play with the lead in the 4th quarter every game. And if Purdy cant then thats the final piece to the puzzle. Trying to get a QB that when everything isnt working that QB will still find a way to make plays and win games. 

Wouldn't it be better to just mow down opponents and win the game from the start??? I think Montana has 1 playoff win trailing in the 4th in the playoffs, which came when he was 33 already. Prior to that he was 0/4. One game he got knocked out, the other benched. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Wouldn't it be better to just mow down opponents and win the game from the start??? I don't think Montana ever won a playoff game where he trailed in the 4th quarter. 

Mahomes has broken people's brains just a bit with regards to the expectations of a QB trailing. It'd be nice to have a guy that can do that more often than I think Purdy can (especially paired with Shanahan) but if he's better than most QBs the rest of the game, I kind of think I want that rather than the guy who may be better down by 2 scores with 8 minutes left. Even when you're in that type of situation, you're not going to win it every time anyway. Brady's winning percentage when down by 2 scores was .380 

Its kind of the difference between a having a good PP player and a good 5 on 5 player in the nhl. 

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

Mahomes has broken people's brains just a bit with regards to the expectations of a QB trailing. It'd be nice to have a guy that can do that more often than I think Purdy can (especially paired with Shanahan) but if he's better than most QBs the rest of the game, I kind of think I want that rather than the guy who may be better down by 2 scores with 8 minutes left. 

Its kind of the difference between a having a good PP player and a good 5 on 5 player in the nhl. 

Even with a HOF QB, it's just hard to win any game down in the 4th to the point where constructing a narrative around it is trivial. The QB that mows teams down is going to win the majority of the time. People tend to just spotlight the negative, and magnify the slip-ups. Manning went through the same thing. 

Now that I think of it off the top of my head Montana, and Young are circa 2/9 in when trailing in the 4th in the postseason where they saw the majority action of those games. 

Speaking of Mahomes, I'm guessing his overall "when trailing the 4th" has taken a massive hit this year. I remember he was like 3-6 in a limited sample size at the start of the season, or a bit after. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe