Week 16 GDT: (5-9) Giants @ (10-4) Eagles

downundermike

10 hours ago, Scalamania said:

Teams falling apart - seems like the players are turning on him, he’s gotta go. 

He is supposed to be a players coach and I'm sure AJ Brown hates his guts. Lurie has always sided with the players and his teams all time yard and reception leader in a season probably has sway for him.

8 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Legit question for the Haters?

Would you rather be 11-4 but not Dominate like last years Eagles that LOST the SB!

Or

11-4 , look as a Lucky as *** team, We suck, we are horrible,  we won't win the SB because...A...B... C didnt go as plannned??

Clearly option A.  There was confidence every week that we could beat any team last year.

Against a crappy Giants team yesterday:

1 sack, our line can no longer consistently win one on one.

20-3 halftime lead, once again, could not put a bad team away.

Turnovers, still turnovers.

Penalties, still to many penalties.

12 hours ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

There's zero proof obviously but I truly believe we're gonna surprise people in a good way. Probably blind faith but even with coaching issues there's so much talent on this team to be looking like this product lately

You keep saying this, but then I watch the games and I do not see it.

Our defensive line is pretty much incapable of winning with just 4.

Our back 7 is atrocious.

If you watched the game last night, Purdy was confused from the jump, the coverages were confusing, and the LB'ers were a big part of that.

Watching a defense dominate because they have a stud at every level is something else.  I would argue that the D Line is the weakest link of the Baltimore defense, but the LB'ers and secondary make it a non issue.

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

20-3 halftime lead, once again, could not put a bad team away.

Turnovers, still turnovers.

Penalties, still to many penalties.

Those are fixable things though. If we aren't shooting ourselves in the foot, giving away free downs and points, then what occurs?

Now given our play all year am I hesitant to believe we will actually Fix or Not do them in the playoffs, of course I am but it is still possible. 

We've yet to play a complete game in all 3 phases (Miami closest thing) and have 11 wins. That should worry other teams to be honest because IF the Eagles do, watch out.

Unlikely but still possible. 

32 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

We've yet to play a complete game in all 3 phases

Players and fans keep using this narrative.  Come to grips with the fact that this is who we are.  It has been 15 games, and at this point we are playing a game each week reflective of who we are.  Yesterday could have been an anomaly against a bad team that this "complete game" myth I keep hearing about possibly happened, but it did not.

10 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

You lost your ever loving mind but will not admit it because the agenda,  doesn't fit! 

Lost your mind!

And what is my agenda? Please do tell.

45 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Those are fixable things though. If we aren't shooting ourselves in the foot, giving away free downs and points, then what occurs?

Now given our play all year am I hesitant to believe we will actually Fix or Not do them in the playoffs, of course I am but it is still possible. 

We've yet to play a complete game in all 3 phases (Miami closest thing) and have 11 wins. That should worry other teams to be honest because IF the Eagles do, watch out.

Come on Nabbs, how can you say that in week 15 with a straight face?

The Eagles have more to worry about the Eagles, than other teams. 

Edited by Broadway Joe
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ninjapirate said:

He is supposed to be a players coach and I'm sure AJ Brown hates his guts. Lurie has always sided with the players and his teams all time yard and reception leader in a season probably has sway for him.

The AJ Brown-Sirianni thing is going to come to a head and one of them is going to be gone. Between what was happening on the sidelines and the postgame stuff that's blasted all over the place it seems like we're heading for a disaster. 

10 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

You lost your ever loving mind but will not admit it because the agenda,  doesn't fit! 

Lost your mind!

Actually, it is you making assumptions, and not verifying the facts that is an agenda.  We have facts to back up saying Hurts pre and post snap recognition is an issue, and you even listed one of those facts for us, TO's.

15 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Top 3, get your facts straight. I said it wasn't top 5.

3rd down conversions allowed

Passing TD allowed

TO's

Penalties 

Tackling

All way bigger issues 

Now lets dive into these

3rd down defense, absolutely atrocious, but that is what happens when your GM signs aging corners, who have now clearly lost a step, and puts little to no resources into LB'er.

Passing TD allowed, I will lump this one in with 3rd down defense.  Teams are getting so many more chances to get into the red zone, the red zone TD% is obviously higher.  Not like we were stellar last year in the red zone ( 17th in the NFL )

Turnovers ( But this is actually the Jalen Hurts pre and post snap recognition category )  Would this not have a whole lot to do with Jalen Hurts and his pre and post snap recognition?  He has doubled his interception percentage this year, he is also going to set a career high in fumbles.  A bunch of metrics are down from last year.

Some other metrics that Hurts recognition is down this year.

7-9 yards to go, completion percentage down 7%

4th quarter completion percentage down 7%

Here is on that really stands out to me, completion percentage with +/- 2.5 seconds in the pocket.

< 2.5 seconds - 74.43

2.5 + seconds - 51.55

That is a 22.88 % difference, tells me if the first read is not there, and he has to survey, he can not find the open man.  Lets look at the variance in some other QB's, a couple of top, middle and bottom picked at random.

Mahomes, 15.45 % difference

Purdy, 12.16 % difference

Jordan Love, 9.85 % difference

Geno Smith, .79 % difference

Zach Wilson, 17.59 % difference

Mac Jones,  20.68 % difference

I could go on, but I have more than made my point.  Back to Nabbs list.

Penalties - not as bad as you would think.  2022, 5.3 per game, ranked 13th.  2023, 5.9 per game, ranked 17th.

Missed tackles - 2022, 4 per game, 13th in the NFL.  2023, 4.53 per game, 9th in the NFL.  You could also attribute some of this to the 3rd down defense and being on the field for more plays.

The moral of this story, some things you think are bad are not as bad as you think, but some things we are talking about are real issues, we see them every Sunday, and there is plenty of facts to back that up.

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

You keep saying this, but then I watch the games and I do not see it.

Our defensive line is pretty much incapable of winning with just 4.

Our back 7 is atrocious.

If you watched the game last night, Purdy was confused from the jump, the coverages were confusing, and the LB'ers were a big part of that.

Watching a defense dominate because they have a stud at every level is something else.  I would argue that the D Line is the weakest link of the Baltimore defense, but the LB'ers and secondary make it a non issue.

They win plenty with 4, but when your 2nd line of defense is an abomination...well this is what you get.  Mistakes were made.  Very arguable the money that went to Slay and Bradberry should have gone to Edwards and White.

6 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

They win plenty with 4, but when your 2nd line of defense is an abomination...well this is what you get.  Mistakes were made.  Very arguable the money that went to Slay and Bradberry should have gone to Edwards and White.

They win with those 4, for like the first quarter. Then they get stonewalled all game. They are running on fumes at this point.

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

It's late December and we haven't played a complete game. It's like the Chiefs and their WR drop/communication issues. If it hasn't been fixed by now, it ain't getting fixed. The good thing is that every other NFC team - including the Niners now - is vulnerable in some way.

Edited by Art_Vandalay
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Art_Vandalay said:

It's late December and we haven't played a complete game. It's like the Chiefs and their WR drop/communication issues. If it hasn't been fixed by now, it ain't getting fixed. The good thing is that every other NFC team - including the Niners now - are vulnerable in some way.

Yep.  The penalties and turnovers aren't going anywhere and it starts with #1.  Which also means that no lead is ever safe as we've been shown in each of the last 2 weeks.

• Like 1