Week 16 GDT: (5-9) Giants @ (10-4) Eagles

downundermike

32 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

By no means I am asking for any of Hurts, AJ or Sirianni to be gone. 

But we seriously overestimated (or at least I did) the leadership, the locker room and the character of this team. There's no way a team 11-4 have such bad vibes after a 3 week losing streak, and some of it is the media (McLane appears to be having  a field day with it and milking it for all he can), but a lot of it isn't, proof of it is AJ post game comment. 

the majority of the fanbase seriously overestimated the defense heading into the season. I basically saw this coming, although even I didn't think we'd be a bottom 2 pass defense.

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

the majority of the fanbase seriously overestimated the defense heading into the season. I basically saw this coming, although even I didn't think we'd be a bottom 2 pass defense.

Yeah, I went on the record saying this was a rebuilding year for the defense, some people said it was going to be better. But we really miss Hargrave, I know Carter may be the better player in the long run, but the production is missing and it has made our pass rush non-existent for the majority of the games. I did not expect it to be this bad. 

Let's see what happens when Maddox comes back and gets another injury the following game. 

• Like 1

The defense should not be this bad though.  With any competent coaching they are by no means an elite defense, but they should be a middle of the pack defense.  The offense on the other hand...is an embarrassment.  Outside of Miami there isn't another team in the NFL imo with the level of talent that has been complied on offense.  They should absolutely be elite and able to carry an avg defense.

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

54 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

Yeah, I went on the record saying this was a rebuilding year for the defense, some people said it was going to be better. But we really miss Hargrave, I know Carter may be the better player in the long run, but the production is missing and it has made our pass rush non-existent for the majority of the games. I did not expect it to be this bad. 

Let's see what happens when Maddox comes back and gets another injury the following game. 

Some people went as far as saying Howie had a "perfect" off season.  We knew that was not the case when he had to sign Cunningham and Jack at the last minute.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

We're you guys aware the only 3 Eagles fans in this forum who thought the Eagles might take a step back in 2023 losing 6 Starters on Defense, 2 separate Coordinators and playing the hardest schedule in the NFL were Jeezla,  Debbie Downer and Joe?

Not everyone can be correct.  It’s hard to be honest.

10 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

We're you guys aware the only 3 Eagles fans in this forum who thought the Eagles might take a step back in 2023 losing 6 Starters on Defense, 2 separate Coordinators and playing the hardest schedule in the NFL were Jeezla,  Debbie Downer and Joe?

Predicting a step back after all the things you just listed adding the terrible FA we had and the continued neglect of the LB corps,  is precisely why it should have been expected by most here and the most rational guess, not a debbie downer take by any means as you say but cause and effect. 

Edited by Broadway Joe
  • Like 1

I think their record is right where most said. I think the team has been better than even Jeezlas prediction. I don’t think most expected 7-2 before the bye. We went 8-1. Most expected 6-2 after the bye. We’re probably going 5-3. Of course context matter but this is a surprise? I don’t see why people are jumping ship. These are the ups and downs of the season. 

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

I think their record is right where most said. I think the team has been better than even Jeezlas prediction. I don’t think most expected 7-2 before the bye. We went 8-1. Most expected 6-2 after the bye. We’re probably going 5-3. Of course context matter but this is a surprise? I don’t see why people are jumping ship. These are the ups and downs of the season. 

I don't think anyone has a problem with the record, it's how we've looked overall while attaining that record. I doubt any team has ever won the SB with a bottom 5, let alone bottom 2, pass defense. We're the Rich Gannon Raiders with a less consistent offense.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Jeezla said:

I don't think anyone has a problem with the record, it's how we've looked overall while attaining that record. I doubt any team has ever won the SB with a bottom 5, let alone bottom 2, pass defense. We're the Rich Gannon Raiders with a less consistent offense.

Sure but isn’t that part of the record predicting? Don’t know why people get caught up in style points. Not saying the concerns aren’t legit.