Chargers release DT Sebastian Joseph-Day; signed by 49ers

RaidersAreOne

11 minutes ago, kramxel said:

No he hasn't.

He was paid to be a top DL, and gave average to below average output. Supposed to be a 3 down lineman, but offered very little as a pass rusher.

I'm actually surprised he got cut now, but it would eventually happen, given our cap situation. Cant' really tell, if it's for bad behavior, or to give him a chance with a contender. Reports were that he was always a leader in the locker room, despite his flamboyant personality.

Signing a glue guy to be a top DL is the Chargers' error.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Soko said:

Is he any good nowadays? I know being on the Chargers somehow dampens pretty much anythjng you bring to the table (unless you’re Khalil Mack), but seems like he’s been quiet since he got there.

18 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

he hasnt been good in some time, right?

Eh, he's okay. Should be fine as a rotational guy on a contender, not a main guy.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, kramxel said:

No he hasn't.

He was paid to be a top DL, and gave average to below average output. Supposed to be a 3 down lineman, but offered very little as a pass rusher.

I'm actually surprised he got cut now, but it would eventually happen, given our cap situation. Cant' really tell, if it's for bad behavior, or to give him a chance with a contender. Reports were that he was always a leader in the locker room, despite his flamboyant personality.

No idea why he was expected to be a 3 down lineman. He's always been one of the best run-stuffing idl in the league and a meh pass rusher at best.

Dude peaked at 3 sacks on the Rams. He's good at reading the ball and he's hard to move but he's never been a big penetration guy. 

Hilarious to me that the Chargers thought they were signing anything more than a run stopper. It's not like he had a Jordan Phillips fluke season or anything. He's always been the way he is. 

Edited by HoboRocket
  • Like 2

I dont know if this was mentioned but the Rams didnt resign SJD and he got that nice contract with the Chargers. The Rams ended up getting 5th round comp pick. Guess who they drafted? PUKA NACUA!!!

Thats why its time, if many hasnt already, to say Les Snead is a genius. Thats what separates teams like the Chargers from teams like the Rams. It starts at the top. I hope SJD comes back to the Rams bc I do think he is a talented player. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rrrrrrrams said:

picked up by the niners.

You know I've always said the 49ers just need another player on the DL and they will finally have a good unit. They got 6, they just needed that 7th guy to pull it all together. I've always said that.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1