QB Options 2024

Humble_Beast

3 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Let’s draft on need. That always works. Yay! Let’s get the next Ferrell and Damon Arnette to fills needs on the depth chart 

That’s a pretty foolish comparison. Ferrell was not the best at his position pre draft and neither was Arnett. That comparison only works if the Raiders have Williams on the board and they take Nix. 

But I will say if you need a QB you gotta go after them. Above all you need a QB. 

2 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

That people are begging for Lance in the year of our lord 2024 gives me no hope for this fanbase. 

Lance's 3 career starts (where he finished the game): 44/80 (55%), 605 yards (201 ypg), 2 TD, 3 INT

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NickButera said:

I'm finally happy that the entire organization is taking the QB spot seriously, and being open about it.  It's nice to hear about how they don't want a band aid, how they're open to drafting up to a top spot, how they want to find an elite answer. Not a "well this may work for now" answer. 

Absolutely. I was a Carr fan and a believer in him but now that he’s gone you have to get a guy for the long haul. One of the worse things a team can do is stay in the middle. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, reddevil said:

Yeah - I think that’s the fan preference. I just think that with so many teams where there is a question mark as to what they will do at QB, it will just add some doubt in a GMs mind.

Couple that with our situation where we are likely to be going into the draft in one of the worst positions of any team - probably too far away to move to get one of the top guys and with one of the worst fall back options (and I like AOC - but that’s the truth) and all signs point to us being more needy. 

I can see that being enough to make Telesco and the FO jittery. I would be as the consequence of missing out on everyone could be catastrophic. 

I will give him massive kudos if he is able to either beat the competition and move up to get one of the top guys or be able to keep 13 and still come out of the draft with a Nix or Penix.

I just feel like we’re in a really tricky position and we may have our hand forced by circumstance 

Yeh, though I will say that I’d rather them stay put and just take BPA at each pick if they are not convinced by the QB prospects that are available or we are able to move to pick. Rather that than reach on a prospect that they don’t think will be a franchise QB just so they take a QB if you know what I mean.

I’m all for taking a QB if the FO genuinely feels he’s the right guy but to take a QB just to take one would be a mistake imo, I don’t think it’d be catastrophic (though can you imagine the takes on here 😁), worst case then is you are in a holding pattern for a year but we can manoeuvre into position to take a top prospect next year having built up the roster a bit more. Not ideal, but not mortgaging our future.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Lance hasn't played meaningful football in 5 years. Going into next year expecting Lance or AOC to be the guy is a disaster waiting to happen.

Everyone was saying Jimmy G was our savior. He wins games. I don’t care about thinking different and getting away from group think. 

Just now, Humble_Beast said:

Everyone was saying Jimmy G was our savior. He wins games. I don’t care about thinking different and getting away from group think. 

Expecting a dude that couldn't beat out Jimmy G / Purdy and has played minimal meaningful football in the last 5 years to be the starter and franchise savior is insane.

Just now, NYRaider said:

Expecting a dude that couldn't beat out Jimmy G / Purdy and has played minimal meaningful football in the last 5 years to be the starter and franchise savior is insane.

Of course Jimmy was the starter his rookie year. Lance did beat out Purdy and Jimmy. He got hurt when it was going be his time. Purdy took the world on fire when he got his shot 

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

He was a raw prospect put on a win now team. Duh. Don’t just learn to read, apply logic and comprehension 

lol ok. If it were up to you we’d roll into next season with Sam Darnold and Spencer Rattler. Go make a list somewhere and grow up while the adults talk about the quarterback issue. 

Man I'm really out of the draft cycle this year... usually I dive thousands of hours into this stuff. I only know the QB class, the top OT's, and Marvin Harrison.

If we can land a quality QB at 13, I'll be ecstatic. No Fields please...

3 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Literally almost nobody was saying that. That's why the few who did got pilloried for it and turned into memes. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tank4Drake said:

Man I'm really out of the draft cycle this year... usually I dive thousands of hours into this stuff. I only know the QB class, the top OT's, and Marvin Harrison.

If we can land a quality QB at 13, I'll be ecstatic. No Fields please...

It's a really boring class for sure. Seems like a lot of guys who took an extra year or two exhausting eligibility and some filler guys. 

Transfer portal stuff, guys sitting, and NIL are going to make for some pretty lackluster classes every few years I think.