QB Options 2024

Humble_Beast

4 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

No. I don’t act like we aren’t going to improve. I act like they have a great offensive coach who is now getting his second season to mold that team in his image while also cutting away a cancerous locker room presence that has been ostracized by the last two places he has been and is an absolute bargain bin dive for anyone that wants him next year. Keep up. 

Sean Payton couldn’t build a good offense around Russ but somehow Getsy could apparently. 

• Like 2

Arguing about how significant beating Denver annually is.......guys, come on. That's like arguing about whether taxes or monthly bills suck more. 

Cool, we beat up on Denver. Hasn't done anything for us overall, so who gives a rip. Itsva cheap morale victory to beat up the only team in the division as consistently bad or worse than us. That's really not particularly impressive. 

• Like 3

On 3/2/2024 at 10:56 AM, NYRaider said:

You have dudes that have literally been the best player in college football over the last two years and put it on tape, I promise you they aren't scared. 

The haters will find any thing to talk badly about him.

Literally they showed patty combine highlights and Brady and stroud even josh Allen. Seems like the best qbs at least did some events.

Not getting measured and weighed in is suspect imo. We all know how inaccurate pro days are. Much respect for the guys who respect the combine invite and compete. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Arguing about how significant beating Denver annually is.......guys, come on. That's like arguing about whether taxes or monthly bills suck more. 

Cool, we beat up on Denver. Hasn't done anything for us overall, so who gives a rip. Itsva cheap morale victory to beat up the only team in the division as consistently bad or worse than us. That's really not particularly impressive. 

Exactly. Same with beating KC on Christmas Day. Cool, we won the game.....which led them to get their heads out of their collective a$$es and go on to win the SB.

It's meaningless. How about we sweep KC next season, because then (and only then) will I start to think that we might be better than them. Until then, get real.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RaidersForever said:

Exactly. Same with beating KC on Christmas Day. Cool, we won the game.....which led them to get their heads out of their collective a$$es and go on to win the SB.

It's meaningless. How about we sweep KC next season, because then (and only then) will I start to think that we might be better than them. Until then, get real.

I look at all talk like this as meaningless nonsense.  It like casual fans trying to argue that Matt Flynn is a good QB because he threw 6 TD's in a game of that Nick Foles is a good QB because he won a SB.

They are not looking at the big picture and that is the Raiders have been one of the worst ran organizations in the NFL over the last 25 years and have yet to buck that trend.  We have a lot of money heading into free agency only to leave fans once again disappointed. 

NFL agents and their players will not want to play for an organization like the Raiders, )unless we overpay and that ever ends well), that consistently gets their teeth kicked in on Sunday and this team has not proven that they have turned the corner in that regard.  Combine our historical losing ways with the fact we have one of the worst QB rooms in the NFL and NFL free agents will look elsewhere for employment....

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

10 hours ago, FloydFan said:

I think this may be the most copium in one post I’ve ever seen. He had no reason to waive his guarantees. Do you think he’s playing for charity? Do you honestly think teams are chomping at the bit to release the QB that led them to a 7 win streak? If Payton saw a path to win with Russel he would take it because he knows it will be a huge hit to his reputation not to. Russ isn’t a scapegoat, he is the problem and in more ways than one. But yes go ahead and think because we have beaten the Broncos a few years in a row that the Seahawks (way more well ran than us) and the Broncos are just wrong. Can’t wait to see these predictions play out. 

We beat them twice a year for four years straight. That's not a few years that's 16 wins straight lol. 

1 hour ago, Jeremy408 said:

We beat them twice a year for four years straight. That's not a few years that's 16 wins straight lol. 

As much as 16 consecutive wins over Denver sounds incredible, it's actually only 8 consecutive wins.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I look at all talk like this as meaningless nonsense.  It like casual fans trying to argue that Matt Flynn is a good QB because he threw 6 TD's in a game of that Nick Foles is a good QB because he won a SB.

They are not looking at the big picture and that is the Raiders have been one of the worst ran organizations in the NFL over the last 25 years and have yet to buck that trend.  We have a lot of money heading into free agency only to leave fans once again disappointed. 

NFL agents and their players will not want to play for an organization like the Raiders, )unless we overpay and that ever ends well), that consistently gets their teeth kicked in on Sunday and this team has not proven that they have turned the corner in that regard.  Combine our historical losing ways with the fact we have one of the worst QB rooms in the NFL and NFL free agents will look elsewhere for employment....

By continually bringing up Christmas Day and our current win streak over Denver, fans are trying to cope -- and I get it, I really do. We don't have much else to brag about. But eventually, reality needs to set in.

On the other hand, it's not like there isn't reason for optimision. The defense was d@mn good last season, the offense at times looked like we might (key word) only be a QB away from contention, and we got rid of a coach that never should have been hired to begin with. Say what you want about AP, he's already proven to be a better leader of men than McDummy ever was. As of right now, I would say we're (slightly) trending up.

2 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Literally they showed patty combine highlights and Brady and stroud even josh Allen. Seems like the best qbs at least did some events.

Not getting measured and weighed in is suspect imo. We all know how inaccurate pro days are. Much respect for the guys who respect the combine invite and compete. 

A lot of former #1 overall picks including Burrow, Young, Kyler, Stafford, and Luck chose not to throw at the combine.

Mahomes / Allen / Brady the prospects were not the guys that they became in the pros, they all had a lot to prove in the pre-draft process. Stroud was trying to make a push to be the #1 pick.

I think Caleb's decision to hold out on his medicals just for the teams that can draft him was less sketch than Daniels refusing to weigh in, he's probably like 175-180.

11 hours ago, NYRaider said:

And we've won one more game than they have over the last two seasons with Russell Wilson. So I don't think there's a significant enough gap between the talent level of the two teams that you could honestly say Russ would thrive here because we are better. 

But I bet you we win more games last year with Russ than Jimmy G the god.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Caleb may not be a physical midget QB, but he's 100% a mental midget.

Explains his inability to show up for big games....assuming he actually showed up with the intention of playing. Gotta be one of the most entitled headaches of a QB inability while.

Shortish, lightish, can't win big games, more mistake prone than people care to believe because they like his highlights against FCS schools, doesn't take well to structure, has maturity concerns as evident as Manziel's were yet people are refusing to accept them, struggles with any adversity, and worst of all has a parent doing g his best LaVar Ball impression- just like Baby Booboo Murray, just like Johnny Headcase, just like Lamar and his publicly laughed at contract demands. 

You've coached too, you know exactly the kid I'm talking about. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, raidr4life said:

But I bet you we win more games last year with Russ than Jimmy G the god.

Being better than Jimmy G isn't a great measuring stick

Just now, bucksavage1 said:

We’re in the playoffs with Wilson as QB last season

The Broncos offense was almost as bad as ours

• Like 1