QB Options 2024

Humble_Beast

8 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Right hand man to the GM. Which is even more important in a bridge year like we're going through this off-season. Typically when a GM is hired they have to lean on the staff of the former front office because it's impossible to revamp the scouting department before you have to head into free agency and draft prep. Champ had obviously been working with those guys / Ziegler for the past year on an off-season plan and scouting players. So I'm sure he has been very helpful for Telesco. 

6 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Wear a Starter jacket and does cool handshakes with the HC while remaining employed for entirely unknown reasons beyond nepotism, apparently. 

This answer makes more sense 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NYRaider said:

The reality is that we just saw Rattler and Nix throw a couple of weeks ago at the combine, I doubt anything that they saw today swayed their opinion one way or the other.

I also don't think there's any real significance in who attended what pro-day like you said earlier.

This I do agree with. I just thought it was interesting 

8 hours ago, FloydFan said:

I’m sorry, are you unable to tell that someone can think great franchises can make mistakes, but also think two franchises made the right decision in letting Russel Wilson go because he most likely is a terrible locker room presence and has diminishing returns on the field?

I never at any point compared the Cam Newton acquisition to Wilson but go off if you need to. I merely stated that neither coach had or has found a proper replacement for losing their most likely once in a career QBs. 

I never said he was a model citizen(Something that I mentioned in the beginning but was probably skipped over of course),  only in the right situation with the right locker room, leader of men coach and right cap number(which limits his ability to become a problem) he could do well for a team who could use a bump at QB. Is he the Russell wilson of old? No. is he better than anyone on the roster last year for us or the steelers last year? yes. All I was saying. Anyone would be hard pressed to prove that Minshew is a better QB and we didn't get him for 1.2m(Granted im pleased with the Minshew deal as ive already mentioned). 

2 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

Cam sat out a year before and there were already issues with his throwing arm and being able to push the ball down the field. picking him up was a desperation movie after stidham didnt look ready in the offseason.

In terms of the point about Mitch tru and Kenny Pickett, he showed regardless of that he can lead a team to the playoffs without good qb play. 

His first year without Brady, Belicheck went below .500

His first year without Ben, Tomlin went above .500 and went to the playoffs 

He didn't sit out, he had a foot fracture.

He has shown that he can't evaluate a QB.

Bill > Tomlin

21 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Idk....Minshew may look at that stache and decide it's not "face of the franchise" material. 

I am surprised that AOC keeps it.  I mean it just looks terrible.  The alternative must be that he just has the sissiest looking face on the planet and it's the only thing that makes him look somewhat more masculine (.01% more).

It's crazy that the dude is like 25 and he looks like a 6'3" 12-year-old.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Jerry said:

I am surprised that AOC keeps it.  I mean it just looks terrible.  The alternative must be that he just has the sissiest looking face on the planet and it's the only thing that makes him look somewhat more masculine (.01% more).

It's crazy that the dude is like 25 and he looks like a 6'3" 12-year-old.

😂

I was trying to go easy on him. 

These days, I keep a full beard, wavy stache and all. But I do remember my early early-mid 20's getting frustrated when a nice 5o'clock shadow would grow into a beard that wasn't what I would consider patchy, but not quite "full" either, but I never cared for the clean shaven look (yay for electric razors and guards, right?). But man, I never had a problem with the stache. If anything, it outpaces the rest so much I have to consistently trim it or I start looking like Yosemite Sam took a few days off. 

AOC needs to let that dream die or at least attempt the full beard/stubble look to mask it a bit. A friend of mine finally got some fullness after me trying to convince him for about a year that you hit a point where it doesn't quite look right and you just gotta ignore and power through a week or so beyond that and you'll be happy. 

When it comes to the stache, you either gotta be able to go full on Burt Reynolds or go the handlebar/goatee/full beard look. Patchy Gomez Addams ain't the way. 

Edited by ronjon1990
  • Like 2

I’ll legit be on the phone with the Bears and try to trade a 4th for Fields. His stock is down and the other young QB have been traded. I’ll let Fields and Minshew have a QB battle. Fields could be a steal for a Day 3 pick 

Just now, Humble_Beast said:

I’ll legit be on the phone with the Bears and try to trade a 4th for Fields. His stock is down and the other young QB have been traded. I’ll let Fields and Minshew have a QB battle. Fields could be a steal for a Day 3 pick 

We already kicked the tires on Fields and the asking price was too high.

24 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

And it’s still one of the worst in the league with basically no upside.

Not out of the question Minshew and AOC could get better. At least we aren’t overpaying for a 30+ injury prone QB

• Like 1