QB Options 2024

Humble_Beast

36 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Just an article surmising O’Connell has earned to fight for the starting job and that we may not be able trade up. Literally says ‘They might be comfortable’ on the 2nd line.

• Like 3

On 3/20/2024 at 10:57 AM, Ryno said:

Some pretty good break downs/content on this account if people haven't come across it (linking Bo Nix as an example):

I enjoyed that, thanks for posting.  Who was that by the way?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 101Raider said:

I enjoyed that, thanks for posting.  Who was that by the way?

Former UVA QB who was a backup for Green Bay. He is incredibly annoying to me on Twitter, so I have him muted. I kind of liked him as a prospect, though.

• Like 1

On 3/20/2024 at 7:56 AM, NCOUGHMAN said:

Agree but that was his m/o all season tho. I don’t like his pocket awareness and lack of improvisation 

His pocket awareness usually was affected by poor pass protection. I think in the face of pressure, I think he was highly impressive . 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Rattler had the absolutely worst O-line I’ve seen from a QB NFL prospect in awhile. Almost every play he’s under pressure 

Can't have pocket presence when theres no pocket

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, bucksavage1 said:

Rattler had the absolutely worst O-line I’ve seen from a QB NFL prospect in awhile. Almost every play he’s under pressure 

Rattler would be bad as an early pick, but idk why people so against it in the mid to later rounds. You are drafting for potential at that point, most of those guys are not starters. Sounds like people just want to hate and ignore why Rattler didn't throw for 50 tds in his senior season. You draft for potential in the mid to late rounds. That's how you end up with steals. I wouldn't be mad with Joe Milton on day 3 for that same reason. He has a good chance to flop, but it's not a high pick. Good Risk/Reward 

Edited by Humble_Beast
  • Like 4

46 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

His pocket awareness usually was affected by poor pass protection. I think in the face of pressure, I think he was highly impressive . 

I’d rather take my chances late with Travis. Ratt sometimes runs into sacks he doesn’t flow in the pocket well. 1v1 in a phone booth 9-10 times he’s not gonna make a guy miss. Kinda like aoc in that area.

• Like 2