Draft Discussion 2.0

FGK

5 minutes ago, Dogbite said:

I am not even going to argue Fitzpatrick as a CB because that is not where he should be playing I agree with you there 100% it would be Peppers/Wimbley/Veikune/Mingo all over again. I didn't realize you meant if both of them were CB but again that is just a silly thought as if you are taking Minkah it is to be a safety. If you are picking between Minkah and Ward playing in there best position is still a blow out victory for Minkah, that is what I am arguing and that won't change.

We're on the same page, I just don't know how you'd ever gotten that I advocated for Minkah at CB when I posted this, which you quoted:

I like Minkah a lot, but I still see him as a free safety. If we're drafting a CB that high, it had better be Denzel Ward. Minkah, at best, would be a nice slot/#3 CB from what I've seen.

I watched Ward in High School. Small freaking world. I'm pretty sure it was him anyway. I just googled Denzel Ward to find more info and I saw he played for Nordonia. My son in law coaches at a school called Midview. They were really good so we made a trip to watch them in the playoffs every weekend. I think they won 3 and had State Title hopes and then the Nordonia game happened. Midview had lost like 5 games in a 4 year span and every game I had been to that year they were the class of the field. They had their doors blown off by Nordonia and it could have easily been worse. If I remember correctly it was a 40 some point beat down and could have been in the 50s if they wanted it to be. Anyway I remember all the talk about this Ohio State recruit killing them. He was a force at WR and CB. They also had 2 other Big10 recruits on their team. I guess I cannot for sure know if it was Ward that day or not but whoever I was watching was damn impressive for a high school kid. The time frame and school was right so I am just going to say it was Denzel Ward. Maybe I will have to take a liking to him now.

1 hour ago, Aztec Hammer said:

What are some of the comps you guys have for your favourite non-QB prospects? Not necessarily how good you think they will be but their playstyle and who they remind you of.

A couple for me:

Rashaad Penny - David Johnson

Anthony Miller - Antonio Brown

I'm starting to get VERY down with the idea of grabbing Anthony Miller in the 2nd. He's not an amazing athlete, but is there anything that guy can't catch?

8 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

I'm starting to get VERY down with the idea of grabbing Anthony Miller in the 2nd. He's not an amazing athlete, but is there anything that guy can't catch?

He's the type of player if we drafted and he busted I wouldn't even be mad

dude is a baller you dont want to be the team that passes on that guy

apparently hardest worker on the team 

21 minutes ago, brownie man said:

He's the type of player if we drafted and he busted I wouldn't even be mad

dude is a baller you dont want to be the team that passes on that guy

apparently hardest worker on the team 

That catch at 4 minutes, where he is running down the sideline and realizes he's gonna get knocked out at the five or so... so he angles back into the field so that he can knock down the CB and bounce off him into the end zone.

Dang son. That right there is a huge heart play. Taking the extra contact to get into the endzone instead of having 1st and goal at the 4-5. That is an impressive play.

Can't say that I have watched him outside of that video but, yes, yes, yes all day yes. I would love a receiver like that on this team. I really liked what I saw from the QB as well I don't know if he is in this draft or not but I wouldn't mind double dipping on a QB like him just in case the #1 overall guy can't hack it.

Anthony Miller is a good find.

1 hour ago, Reginaldm9 said:

I like Anthony Miller too, but I want to see how he stacks up in the bowl game when facing more NFL style opponents. I'm worried separation might be a problem at the next level. 

16 hours ago, freakygeniuskid said:

He ok but I'm not really excited about using a precious 2nd on a guy who is under 6-0, not a blazer and has injury concerns. I just think Rashard Higgins (Who is 6-1) 

I know Calvin Ridley is older and not blazing fast (and projected in the first round).  But I think he is probably my favorite WR in the draft.  He just seems so fluid with good hands.  He doesn't seem to be the fastest but everything he does he does well.  I would love for him to fall to the beginning of the second round.

1 hour ago, OttoGrahamsGhost said:

I know Calvin Ridley is older and not blazing fast (and projected in the first round).  But I think he is probably my favorite WR in the draft.  He just seems so fluid with good hands.  He doesn't seem to be the fastest but everything he does he does well.  I would love for him to fall to the beginning of the second round.

idk man hes already 23

I also would like Royce Freeman here

he's really been taken for granted

hes got that AFC North back mentality 

Archived