Draft Discussion 2.0

FGK

14 minutes ago, bruceb said:

HUH?

And our QB of the future is...?

11 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Sounds awesome bro...

Do you guys trust Hue coaching up and developing a QB we draft that high in the draft. Every QB hue has touched here has regressed as a passer. 

Sorry I don’t want to waste a pick that will bomb. At least with barkley, hue can’t ruin. Heck if they have a RB who was drafted first overall maybe the browns will actually run the ball for once at a consistent rate

if Hue is fired, then give me Darnold or Rosen but if Hue is still the coach, give me Barkley

9 minutes ago, OttoGrahamsGhost said:

Hopefully the offensive coordinator they hire is a QB guru (a real one) like DeFlippo. Would love to have him come and develop our QBOTF and would like to see him put that QB in a position to excel as the OC. 

The problem is they won’t hire anybody that will upstage Hue. No way Hue will let that happen. 

Unless the rumors about Dorsey being the guy to hire an OC is actually him having the ability to hire coach of the future. If Hue fails the OC takes over. Frickin frustrating 

Given the draft order as of now:

2018 NFL Draft order

1. Cleveland Browns
2. New York Giants
3. Indianapolis Colts
4. Cleveland Browns (from Houston Texans)

I think it's a guarantee that QBs come of the board 1, 2, and 3 especially since the Colts are desperate to save Luck's career by surrounding him with a quantity of talent. While staying put and taking Saquon Barkley might seem likely, the Colts have holes everywhere on defense and offense such that one RB is not going to change the state of affairs toward winning and protecting Luck.

Therefore, they'll trade that pick to the team trying to secure the 3rd QB out of Rosen, Darnold, and Mayfield.

Leaving the Browns to choose from the 3 players we've been speaking at length about: Bradley Chubb, Saquon Barkley, and Minkah Fitzpatrick.

That could give us wiggle room to trade down anywhere from 5-7 w/ if a team in that range wants the 4th QB available bad enough (Josh Allen, Ryan Finley, Lamar Jackson, Mason Rudolph) and we'd still be able to get 1 of the 3 of Chubb, Barkley, and Fitzpatrick.

It's going to be an exciting offseason and draft.

We desperately need the veteran QB free agent market to be kind.

Here's to hoping we get AJ Mccaron or Tyrod Taylor to hold down the fort until Darnold or Kizer are ready to take the wheel.

Darnold coming out and Mccaron winning FA arbitration are the final pieces of the puzzle.

Archived