Draft Discussion 2.0

FGK

15 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Seventh ranked passer in the Mountain West.

I don't deny he has unreal physical abilities, but it would be so very Browns to draft a QB at 1 that isn't good at football.

I like his talent and wouldn’t hate him if we took him if I believed we had someone who could develop him. To even stomach him Darnold would have to return to USC, and both Rosen and Mayfield would have to make it pretty clear they didn’t want to play here.

17 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I like his talent and wouldn’t hate him if we took him if I believed we had someone who could develop him. To even stomach him Darnold would have to return to USC, and both Rosen and Mayfield would have to make it pretty clear they didn’t want to play here.

That's exactly how I feel about it.

I'm interested to see what Mayfield does tonight. Honestly if he smashes it and makes it undeniable, that could really help us. If he became a viable potential franchise QB that we felt comfortable with and could even afford to trade down a touch before we took him.

Trade #35 to Kansas City for Alex Smith
-Veteran QB who is a proven winner. He may not be the flashy franchise guy everyone is after but his value to the young QBs, young offense and just being a guy the team can lean on would be unmeasurable.

Sign ::
WR Jarvis Landry
-veteran receiver with reliable hands
CB Trumaine Johnson
-veteran outside corner we currently lack
FS Tre Boston
-veteran FS who has played well in both Carolina and San Diego now
-Can start while we groom a younger more athletic guy
WR DeAnthony Thomas
-Vetern receiver has worked with Alex Smith can provid proven depth

Draft ::
1-1. Josh Rosen QB UCLA
-Trade Josh Rosen to Denver for Bradley Chubb, #40, 2019 1st & 3rd and 2020 2nd
-Josh Rosen doesn't want to play for the wrong team and John Elway still has not been able to find a franchise QB. His legendary name will only keep him in charge so long without one and he knows it. He trades up for a kid similar to when the Broncos traded for him.

1-1. Denver(Cleveland) :: Josh Rosen QB UCLA
1-2. New YorkG :: Sam Darnold QB Oklahoma
1-3. Indianapolis :: Saquan Barkley RB Penn State

1-4. Bradley Chubb DE North Carolina State
-I personally wanted to find a way to land Myles Garrett and Derek Barnett last draft season and I know I wasn't the only one. Well Chubb is an even better version of Derek Barnett. He is the physical power pass rusher to Myles Garrett explosive speed pass rush. He wins with relentless violence and power. He uses his hand well to keep OTs off his chest and to disengage. He is a solid run defender as well. Him and Ogbah can both be used on run and pass rushing downs and I believe both can even bump inside for some more exotic looks.

1-5. Denzel Ward CB Ohio State
-Yes, Minkah Fitzpatrick is still on the board but I am going with Ward here. This guys mirroring skills are unbelievable. I haven't seen someone who can match receivers step for step with such ease. He is not a physical beat them up man to man type corner but he is going to eliminate receivers by running route for them and making every single ball contested. I do believe the saying you must win in your division and I believe Denzel Ward is the answer to Antonio Brown. No more Joe Haden's Kryptonite crap.

2-33. Sony Michel RB Georgia
-Explosive back with explosive power to finish runs. It is not the same kind of power as Leonard Fournette or bigger backs. Its not a brute strenght bell cow type power that I love. It is the quick twitch explosive power at the end of a run that is going to make this kid stick in the NFL for a very long time. He plays RB like a LB. He has vision quick feet and balance. If he knows he is close to the first down marker you can bet he is going to win that battle. If he is close to the end zone the kid smells blood and his inner monster comes out. I see a lot of Marshawn Lynch in him.

2-40. Ryan Finley QB North Carolina State
-Trade #60 and 4th & 5th for #48
-I personally feel this guy is going a lot higher and in store for big things in the NFL. His mechanics especially lower body are not found so refined at such a young age. I cannot say for sure because I don't get to be around the players but I think this kid is extremely coachable. You can have as much clay as you want but if it is dried out or hard you cannot form anything nice. I believe Finely is a soft clay that a QB coach & veteran QB can mold into something special.

2-48. Jessie Bates III FS Wake Forest
-Ballhawking play maker. True center field who knows what to do with the ball when its in his hands. Can lay the big time hits as well. If he does declare he may even go higher than this especially if he has a big combine. Best true centerfielder in the draft IMO.

3-65. Michael Gallup WR Colorado State
-Another very polished kid for his age. Does a lot of thing with his feet in his route running that most college kids never master or are even taught at this level. No doubt he still has work to do but again I see extremely moldable clay. He is no JuJu but the guy is pretty physical after the catch as well and he has very good vision and exceleration to find green grass. Can high point the ball pretty well in the red zone as well. Again this is a guy who can rise much much higher. I think he can get into Top 25 with good combine and interviews.

4. Braden Smith OG Auburn
-Quick athletic guard who excells when pulling. Impressive run blocker with the feet to develope into a dominant pass protector.

4. Desmond Harrison OT West Georgia
-The only player in the draft with true franchise LT traits IMO. Got himself into trouble at Texas and left for small school football. Obviously John Dorsey is okay with taking guys with off the field histories so long as they can play football. Harrison can sit and develop behind Joe Thomas and potentially be our future LT. I like his odds better than Connor Williams or Mike McGlinchey honestly.

5. Ade Aruna DE Tulane
-Explosive athlete who has only been playing football for a few years. Can come into a completely stacked DE rotation and learn and refine his talents deep on the depth chart and hopefully develop into a starter when the big names start hitting free agency.

6. Tre Williams LB Auburn
-Quality starting LB in college. Could provid deep depth and speciall teams help.

7. Kemoko Turay DE Rutgers
-Antother freak athlete who is long and explosive. Another luxury boom or bust pick like  Aruna. Neither will hurt us if they don't develop but if they can develop while not being asked to contribute early then look out.

QB Alex Smith/Ryan Finley/DeShone Kizer
RB Sony Michel/Duke Johnson/Matthew Dayes
FB Danny Vitale
WR Josh Gordon/Corey Coleman/DeAnthony Thomas
WR Jarvis Landry/Michael Gallup
TE David Njoku/Seth DeValve/Randall Telfer
LT Joe Thomas
LG Joel Bitonio/Spencer Drango
OC JC Tretter/Austin Reiter
RG Kevin Zeitler/Braden Smith
RT Shon Coleman/Desmond Harrison
(24)

DE Myles Garrett/Nate Orchard/Ade Aruna
DT Danny Shelton/Caleb Brantley
DT Trevon Coley/Larry Ogunjobi
DE Bradley Chubb/Emmanuel Ogbah/Carl Nassib
WB Christian Kirksey/Tre Williams
MB Joe Schobert/Dominique Alexander
SB Jamie Collins/James Burgess
CB Trumaine Johnson/Jamar Taylor/Howard Wilson
CB Jason McCourty/Denzel Ward/Briean Boddy Calhoun
FS Tre Boston/Jessie Bates III
SS Jabrill Peppers/Derrick Kindred
(26)

K Zane Gonzalez
P Britton Colquitt
LS Charley Hughlett
(3)

41 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

Trade #35 to Kansas City for Alex Smith
-Veteran QB who is a proven winner. He may not be the flashy franchise guy everyone is after but his value to the young QBs, young offense and just being a guy the team can lean on would be unmeasurable.

Sign ::
WR Jarvis Landry
-veteran receiver with reliable hands
CB Trumaine Johnson
-veteran outside corner we currently lack
FS Tre Boston
-veteran FS who has played well in both Carolina and San Diego now
-Can start while we groom a younger more athletic guy
WR DeAnthony Thomas
-Vetern receiver has worked with Alex Smith can provid proven depth

Draft ::
1-1. Josh Rosen QB UCLA
-Trade Josh Rosen to Denver for Bradley Chubb, #40, 2019 1st & 3rd and 2020 2nd
-Josh Rosen doesn't want to play for the wrong team and John Elway still has not been able to find a franchise QB. His legendary name will only keep him in charge so long without one and he knows it. He trades up for a kid similar to when the Broncos traded for him.

1-1. Denver(Cleveland) :: Josh Rosen QB UCLA
1-2. New YorkG :: Sam Darnold QB Oklahoma
1-3. Indianapolis :: Saquan Barkley RB Penn State

1-4. Bradley Chubb DE North Carolina State
-I personally wanted to find a way to land Myles Garrett and Derek Barnett last draft season and I know I wasn't the only one. Well Chubb is an even better version of Derek Barnett. He is the physical power pass rusher to Myles Garrett explosive speed pass rush. He wins with relentless violence and power. He uses his hand well to keep OTs off his chest and to disengage. He is a solid run defender as well. Him and Ogbah can both be used on run and pass rushing downs and I believe both can even bump inside for some more exotic looks.

1-5. Denzel Ward CB Ohio State
-Yes, Minkah Fitzpatrick is still on the board but I am going with Ward here. This guys mirroring skills are unbelievable. I haven't seen someone who can match receivers step for step with such ease. He is not a physical beat them up man to man type corner but he is going to eliminate receivers by running route for them and making every single ball contested. I do believe the saying you must win in your division and I believe Denzel Ward is the answer to Antonio Brown. No more Joe Haden's Kryptonite crap.

2-33. Sony Michel RB Georgia
-Explosive back with explosive power to finish runs. It is not the same kind of power as Leonard Fournette or bigger backs. Its not a brute strenght bell cow type power that I love. It is the quick twitch explosive power at the end of a run that is going to make this kid stick in the NFL for a very long time. He plays RB like a LB. He has vision quick feet and balance. If he knows he is close to the first down marker you can bet he is going to win that battle. If he is close to the end zone the kid smells blood and his inner monster comes out. I see a lot of Marshawn Lynch in him.

2-40. Ryan Finley QB North Carolina State
-Trade #60 and 4th & 5th for #48
-I personally feel this guy is going a lot higher and in store for big things in the NFL. His mechanics especially lower body are not found so refined at such a young age. I cannot say for sure because I don't get to be around the players but I think this kid is extremely coachable. You can have as much clay as you want but if it is dried out or hard you cannot form anything nice. I believe Finely is a soft clay that a QB coach & veteran QB can mold into something special.

2-48. Jessie Bates III FS Wake Forest
-Ballhawking play maker. True center field who knows what to do with the ball when its in his hands. Can lay the big time hits as well. If he does declare he may even go higher than this especially if he has a big combine. Best true centerfielder in the draft IMO.

3-65. Michael Gallup WR Colorado State
-Another very polished kid for his age. Does a lot of thing with his feet in his route running that most college kids never master or are even taught at this level. No doubt he still has work to do but again I see extremely moldable clay. He is no JuJu but the guy is pretty physical after the catch as well and he has very good vision and exceleration to find green grass. Can high point the ball pretty well in the red zone as well. Again this is a guy who can rise much much higher. I think he can get into Top 25 with good combine and interviews.

4. Braden Smith OG Auburn
-Quick athletic guard who excells when pulling. Impressive run blocker with the feet to develope into a dominant pass protector.

4. Desmond Harrison OT West Georgia
-The only player in the draft with true franchise LT traits IMO. Got himself into trouble at Texas and left for small school football. Obviously John Dorsey is okay with taking guys with off the field histories so long as they can play football. Harrison can sit and develop behind Joe Thomas and potentially be our future LT. I like his odds better than Connor Williams or Mike McGlinchey honestly.

5. Ade Aruna DE Tulane
-Explosive athlete who has only been playing football for a few years. Can come into a completely stacked DE rotation and learn and refine his talents deep on the depth chart and hopefully develop into a starter when the big names start hitting free agency.

6. Tre Williams LB Auburn
-Quality starting LB in college. Could provid deep depth and speciall teams help.

7. Kemoko Turay DE Rutgers
-Antother freak athlete who is long and explosive. Another luxury boom or bust pick like  Aruna. Neither will hurt us if they don't develop but if they can develop while not being asked to contribute early then look out.

QB Alex Smith/Ryan Finley/DeShone Kizer
RB Sony Michel/Duke Johnson/Matthew Dayes
FB Danny Vitale
WR Josh Gordon/Corey Coleman/DeAnthony Thomas
WR Jarvis Landry/Michael Gallup
TE David Njoku/Seth DeValve/Randall Telfer
LT Joe Thomas
LG Joel Bitonio/Spencer Drango
OC JC Tretter/Austin Reiter
RG Kevin Zeitler/Braden Smith
RT Shon Coleman/Desmond Harrison
(24)

DE Myles Garrett/Nate Orchard/Ade Aruna
DT Danny Shelton/Caleb Brantley
DT Trevon Coley/Larry Ogunjobi
DE Bradley Chubb/Emmanuel Ogbah/Carl Nassib
WB Christian Kirksey/Tre Williams
MB Joe Schobert/Dominique Alexander
SB Jamie Collins/James Burgess
CB Trumaine Johnson/Jamar Taylor/Howard Wilson
CB Jason McCourty/Denzel Ward/Briean Boddy Calhoun
FS Tre Boston/Jessie Bates III
SS Jabrill Peppers/Derrick Kindred
(26)

K Zane Gonzalez
P Britton Colquitt
LS Charley Hughlett
(3)

Very nice.

Love the FA pickups. Tre Boston and Trumaine are at the top of my list.

Never heard of Jessie Bates...will have to check him out....thanks.

Not a big Sony Michel fan as I think he's only a change of pace back slated to go round 4 or so.

Still a little rich for me taking Ward at 5. You don't think he's too small to be a CB1 boundary corner with top 5 value? Love the player though.

Ryan Finley is nice but if we really like him it would be risky to wait until the wnd for him.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

There's no way on earth John Dorsey likes Josh Allen more than Darnold, Rosen, and Mayfield at 1 overall and I'm a Josh Allen Truther.

It's laughable...

John Dorsey doesn't tell anyone who he wants to draft. Not even his own scouts, coaches, and members in ownership (based on KC's reports last year).

Half the draft room was shocked. Dorsey said only Andy Reid and 1 other person knew.

Dorsey is either working his media spin magic, or more likely the draft rumor mill reporters/sites need some meat to throw to their premium subscribers for the holidays.

12 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

There's no way on earth John Dorsey likes Josh Allen more than Darnold, Rosen, and Mayfield at 1 overall and I'm a Josh Allen Truther.

It's laughable...

John Dorsey doesn't tell anyone who he wants to draft. Not even his own scouts, coaches, and members in ownership (based on KC's reports last year).

Half the draft room was shocked. Dorsey said only Andy Reid and 1 other person knew.

Dorsey is either working his media spin magic, or more likely the draft rumor mill reporters/sites need some meat to throw to their premium subscribers for the holidays.

I don’t know why people fall for this crap every year. It baffles me. 

As far as Dorsey is going to draft Allen, it’s just a scout projecting on a bunch of nothing. 

Didn’t we just pick a QB with all the tools but accuracy issues in the second round last year? 

Pick the best damn QB at 1 and the best player available at 4. It’s not difficult, also don’t let that idiot who runs around the sidelines on Sunday have input. He’s proven himself incapable. 

On 12/11/2017 at 4:37 PM, candyman93 said:

The thing I love about Minkah is that he likes to hit. We can turn Jabrill into a pure strong safety that plays in the box.

I really wish we would of took Hooker last year. Feel like Minkah and Peppers are too similar

Archived