Draft Discussion 2.0

FGK

2 hours ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Josh Rosen and Orlando Brown would probably be the smartest thing we could do, assuming Rosen wanted to play for us.

A very refined and developed pure pocket passer and the Son of Zeus giving him all the time in the world to pick teams apart.

I love lil Zeus but not at #4 bro

1 minute ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I love lil Zeus but not at #4 bro

Yeah I think you're right. He looked pretty good today though he did get bullrushed more than a 345lbs should on one play.

But I haven't really analysed him enough to know how good he is. Think I probably got carried away hearing the Ogden comparisons.

For now, Rosen/Darnold being protected by some guy called Joe Thomas is fine by me.

2 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Yeah I think you're right. He looked pretty good today though he did get bullrushed more than a 345lbs should on one play.

But I haven't really analysed him enough to know how good he is. Think I probably got carried away hearing the Ogden comparisons.

For now, Rosen/Darnold being protected by some guy called Joe Thomas is fine by me.

The only way he compares to Ogden is his size.

Ogden was arguably the best tackle in the league at one point and one of the best 5-6 I’ve ever seen play.

1 minute ago, Aztec Hammer said:

I get where you are going and you are right for thinking that way, but he is a round 345, kinda like an Andre Smith build. He's a heluva player but If I have a guy that size, I want him looking like a Trent Williams type of 345. Im more of a Connor Williams guy myself 

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

That a different running back gets us 4-5 wins? Yeah, a bit.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000806850/article/drafting-topfive-rbs-nets-teams-at-least-4-more-wins

the recent success with top 5 RBs I beg to differ. Fournette,Zeke,Gurley,Gordon have all given their teams a substantial boost in the win Column. And I would argue Barkley’s a better prospect then all those guys outside of maybe Zeke. You can pencil in Barkely as a starter immediately. He relieves pressure off of your QB and WR. Teams would need to stack the box more with him in the offense from day 1. Opening up the backend for Gordon and Coleman. Controlling the clock enough for our D to actually get a breather and improving their player because their on the field less. Barkley isn’t by any means the only fix. But his talent alone gets us 4-5 wins. 

4 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

Barkley isn’t by any means the only fix. But his talent alone gets us 4-5 wins. 

I am reasonably certain that a lot of other factors would have to contribute to achieve such an increase in wins.

18 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000806850/article/drafting-topfive-rbs-nets-teams-at-least-4-more-wins

the recent success with top 5 RBs I beg to differ. Fournette,Zeke,Gurley,Gordon have all given their teams a substantial boost in the win Column. And I would argue Barkley’s a better prospect then all those guys outside of maybe Zeke. You can pencil in Barkely as a starter immediately. He relieves pressure off of your QB and WR. Teams would need to stack the box more with him in the offense from day 1. Opening up the backend for Gordon and Coleman. Controlling the clock enough for our D to actually get a breather and improving their player because their on the field less. Barkley isn’t by any means the only fix. But his talent alone gets us 4-5 wins. 

Lol I guess we should draft a guard too and we’ll be just about guaranteed to be 9-7 according this.

This stat eliminates or ignores any and all other potential variable and has an absurdly small sample size.

55 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

I like Darnold and Barkely that’s a franchise changing draft. Barkely alone could get us 4-5 games 

than you add in the Huebris factor who would hate to be outshined by a runningback cause he is "THE" QB whisper, Barkley now nets us 0 wins!!! If the Browns win, its going to be because of Huebris forcing the pass down everyone's throat!

9 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Lol I guess we should draft a guard too and we’ll be just about guaranteed to be 9-7 according this.

This stat eliminates or ignores any and all other potential variable and has an absurdly small sample size.

Teams that draft RBs in the Top are typically already built and the team drafting is able to add a star RB plug and play because the rest of the team is already very solid and that does equate to success. I am against Barkley at 4 for us because we have so much more building to do we simply don't have the luxury. If we had 4-5 other impact players already on the team then I would have no problem taking Barkley at 4.

Each and every team has to look at each and ever pick different. It is one reason why draft boards are so different from team to team.

Archived