Kirk Cousins ends run with Vikings, signs with ATL (p.36)

vike daddy

As of today, I'm exceptionally happy Cousins is no longer a Viking.  The rhetoric from him and his camp further cement my feelings he had a lot to do with Zimmer's firing.   It's apparent to me, he's a subversive character to organizations.   I do appreciate some of the highlight moments he provided and that he appears cordial.  He didn't win big games in the playoffs though.   Behind his persona is a very calculating and selfish dude.   He's done well for his family . . . Unfortunately, fans and organizations pay a steep price for his . . . Services.

16 hours ago, ArcticNorseman said:

As of today, I'm exceptionally happy Cousins is no longer a Viking.  The rhetoric from him and his camp further cement my feelings he had a lot to do with Zimmer's firing.   It's apparent to me, he's a subversive character to organizations.   I do appreciate some of the highlight moments he provided and that he appears cordial.  He didn't win big games in the playoffs though.   Behind his persona is a very calculating and selfish dude.   He's done well for his family . . . Unfortunately, fans and organizations pay a steep price for his . . . Services.

Zimmer's crappy coaching had everything to do with Zimmer's firing. Not Kirk. But go on...

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Zimmer's crappy coaching had everything to do with Zimmer's firing. Not Kirk. But go on...

It was mainly Zimmer's attitude, not his coaching. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

Dodged a bullet!

I'd like to think that the Vikings organization would have handled Fields better, but it was a different regime, so who knows. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Jared Allen: "I'm glad the Vikings didn't spend $45 million per year to keep Kirk Cousins. It's nothing against Kirk Cousins, but when you're trying to rebuild an organization, I don't think a mid-30s quarterback coming off an Achilles tear is where you want to spend your money. 

“Oh, you can’t pay him. It’s a no-brainer. You can’t pay him. Sorry Kirk, nothing personal, but I mean, as a fan, if I’m the GM, what are you gonna have to pay him? 25, 30 million a year? Sorry, the ride’s done.”

"Kudos to Kirk for going and breaking the bank with Atlanta."

https://thevikingage.com/posts/jared-allen-honest-kirk-cousins-leaving-minnesota-vikings?

Edited by vike daddy
  • Like 2

The NFL will show them that tampering is not allowed by taking away their 7th round pick for the next 3 years!!

lol while I do expect a slap on the wrist for them (otherwise the major sports outlets would be talking about it) I'd be surprised if we get anything out of it.