Kirk Cousins ends run with Vikings, signs with ATL (p.36)

vike daddy

Justin Jefferson: "I feel like I’m always voicing my opinion on Kirk. As much as people downgrade him and not want to give him his credit, I’m always the person that always gives him his credit. I’m always blessed and just accepting of the person that he was for me, the player that he was for me and this team just by being that leader and being that captain, controlling the game, controlling where the ball goes and making great throws."

"I think the rest of the world definitely realizes that at this very moment."

"People don’t see what goes on in the building. They don’t see the relationships that go on, don’t see the connection that goes on. Me and Kirk have a great connection."

https://vikingsterritory.com/2023/news/top_news/jefferson-endorses-his?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Justin Jefferson: "I feel like I’m always voicing my opinion on Kirk. As much as people downgrade him and not want to give him his credit, I’m always the person that always gives him his credit. I’m always blessed and just accepting of the person that he was for me, the player that he was for me and this team just by being that leader and being that captain, controlling the game, controlling where the ball goes and making great throws."

"I think the rest of the world definitely realizes that at this very moment."

"People don’t see what goes on in the building. They don’t see the relationships that go on, don’t see the connection that goes on. Me and Kirk have a great connection."

https://vikingsterritory.com/2023/news/top_news/jefferson-endorses-his?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

SCHISM!!!!!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

SCHISM!!!!!

i think this was the most enlightening thing Jefferson said:

fans see what they want to see, so to support their own views/biases, maybe even their personal projections as to how they would react.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I'm not even sure why people are continuing to talk about Kirk and JJ. 

Because people see/hear a 3 second clip on the sidelines and think they know exactly what’s going on. And despite years of evidence to the contrary, they will still never step off of their initial impression.

The world of people who would rather fail as long as it means they are right. 

Edited by SemperFeist
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Because people see/hear a 3 second clip on the sidelines and think they know exactly what’s going on. And despite years of evidence to the contrary, they will still never step off of their initial impression.

The world of people who would rather fail as long as it means they are right. 

It is funny how some of the fans have shifted from “Jefferson is going to want to play with a better QB and won’t resign if Kirk is the QB” to “Jefferson isn’t going to want to sign here if they don’t resign Kirk.” 

It’s as if they finally remembered the T- Jack/Ponder/Frerotte/Bradford years happened. 

In today’s NFL, Kirk Cousins is a franchise QB. In this offense, Kirk Cousins is elite. 

Edited by wcblack34
  • Like 3

I still think back to that GB game.  I didn’t get the game live but i got scoring updates especially since Cousins/Addision are on my fantasy team. Going to 20-3 with that TD pass to Addison, man I was legit thinking everything is click right and going in the right direction. Kirk playing the best I’ve seen, all the receiving weapons, very good OL, ascending defence as they adjust to the new DC. Then i get an update on my phone that “Kirk is out”’, and I’m thinking what? Not even questionable first? Odd. Did we pull him to rest him for the next game? Then i start searching more… and more 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

I still think back to that GB game.  I didn’t get the game live but i got scoring updates especially since Cousins/Addision are on my fantasy team. Going to 20-3 with that TD pass to Addison, man I was legit thinking everything is click right and going in the right direction. Kirk playing the best I’ve seen, all the receiving weapons, very good OL, ascending defence as they adjust to the new DC. Then i get an update on my phone that “Kirk is out”’, and I’m thinking what? Not even questionable first? Odd. Did we pull him to rest him for the next game? Then i start searching more… and more 

As soon as you saw the replay once, you knew it was over. Just a gut punch. Then seeing how the defense started to come together. I said this a week or two ago, but this might be the biggest "what if" season in Vikings history. Especially seeing how flawed the 49ers, Cowboys and Eagles are. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

As soon as you saw the replay once, you knew it was over. Just a gut punch. Then seeing how the defense started to come together. I said this a week or two ago, but this might be the biggest "what if" season in Vikings history. Especially seeing how flawed the 49ers, Cowboys and Eagles are. 

Totally agree... The history of the Minnesota Vikings is filled with one "what if" after another, but this one really stings. It just seemed so different after the 49ers game and that we were destined for a deep, competitive playoff run. I truly believe that if Cousins had been healthy this year, this team would have been fighting for the one seed even after starting 1-4. They certainly win the NFC North. Maybe it is the purple-colored glasses, but I really do think we could have made it to the Super Bowl, especially, as you said, seeing how vulnerable those other top teams in the conference seem to be.

• Like 6

18 hours ago, Captain Relax said:

No one will love you like Vikings love you!!!

I hope no Vikings fan complains about Kirk ever again. 

I think that Mike Zimmer wasted Cousins' best years. That's a shame. 

Edited by wcblack34
  • Like 3