Kirk Cousins ends run with Vikings, signs with ATL (p.36)

vike daddy

32 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

How well would Kirk work with McDaniels?

Not sure if I spelled that right

As a coordinator, he’d probably work very well with him. McDaniels is one of the best play callers/play designers of the last 20 years. He’s just a terrible leader. 

McDaniels is the poster child for the Peter Principle. 

19 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

We have no intent of trading Percy Harvin

We had no intention of trading Diggs”

There’s that word again. 

I guess.. I mean those were both different circumstances that required leverage. I don't see any reason for KAM to throw smoke, Kirk will likely be signed before the draft so there is no real reason to use a fan favorite to leverage nothing. 

I have to take him at his word. With that I would think it would involve a multi year, and if that is the case do we pull the trigger on any of these older QBs in Rd1? They would likely be around 26 yrs old by the time they play meaningful snaps.

Kirk plus McCarthy would make a ton of sense. Take an impactful BPA at 11 and trade back late 1st or early 2nd for McCarthy. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, BWG VIKE said:

I guess.. I mean those were both different circumstances that required leverage. I don't see any reason for KAM to throw smoke, Kirk will likely be signed before the draft so there is no real reason to use a fan favorite to leverage nothing. 

I have to take him at his word. With that I would think it would involve a multi year, and if that is the case do we pull the trigger on any of these older QBs in Rd1? They would likely be around 26 yrs old by the time they play meaningful snaps.

Kirk plus McCarthy would make a ton of sense. Take an impactful BPA at 11 and trade back late 1st or early 2nd for McCarthy. 

When someone posted that same thing on Twitter (I think it was that Eric Thompson cat), I said that there's a significant difference between a trade offer and a free agency negotiation.  I'm sure there was clear intent on keeping Diggs, but when you get offered what they got, they would have been dumb to turn it down. 

Q: Kwesi, would you like to bring Kirk back?

Adofo-Mensah: "Yeah, I have said it – I think I have been pretty consistent with that. Kirk, the player, is someone that we saw what he does to this team. I thought we were playing really good football before he got injured and it is the most important position in sports. Ultimately, it always comes down to can you find an agreement that works for both sides and all of those things, but as a player, it is certainly my intention to have him back here."

"I mean, there are a lot of factors that go into these things. It is age. It’s injury, but it is also performance. How do you believe the performance will go, and there’s different examples through time. Obviously, you have to also pay attention to the person and what he puts into his body and how regimented and detailed he is. All those factors go into. But, at the end of the day, we are just taking risks, and we try to measure it as best we can and protect ourselves and ensure against it. On his side, he is trying to take less of it. That is his job and they should do that and we will try and find a place in the middle and see where we end up."

https://vikingswire.usatoday.com/lists/vikings-kevin-oconnell-kwesi-adofo-mensah-press-conference/?utm_campaign=trueanthem&utm_medium=trueanthem&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR0trqv9Xn-njOQRV5EnlVoD5a3-SEh6OvxSEpTcfIgAFOnfAIk-c_C0zDc

22 hours ago, BWG VIKE said:

This is what I like as well. Trading up for Daniels would interesting as well, but I’m having a hard time with allocating all that draft capital to move up to 3. We simply have too many holes to fill and need those picks to augment free agency. 

• Like 1