The Broncos are strongly considering to sit Russell Wilson for the final 2 games

Steelersfan43

2 hours ago, Dbrog24 said:

Oh you're funny and clearly didn't watch the Broncos in the first half of the season. That was all Payton trying to "let Russ cook" to the point the local media here actually wondered if Payton knew Wilson wasn't capable of it and was throwing the season. It was clear though that Payton tried to see where his ceiling was as halfway through, he completely dumbed down the system and put Russ back into the Seattle system where he is quite limited in favor of a strong run game...and the Broncos win record went off the charts. Point being Sean has done everything he could possibly do to get Russ to succeed and come to find out the answer is Wilson is washed compared to his former self in terms of mobility and we've all seen that he was always a system QB who needed someone to limit his large weaknesses.

I get why people might not like Sean but the level of hate screams to me people who have the luxury of good coaching on their team. Broncos have had nearly the worst crap trotted out in the NFL for the better part of a decade now and Sean is EASILY a breath of fresh air. I'd rather have a giant ****** but is a good coach rather than a great guy but god awful (here's looking at you Hackett)

I see it slightly differently.

I agree early on he tried to see if Wilson could run the Payton/Brees system efficiently and when it wasn't working great he then scaled back the offense. The problem is he scaled it back without implementing schemes that would benefit Wilsons skill set to offset the stuff he pulled back on which made the offense look very limited with screens and passes within 5 yards of the LOS which is the opposite of what Wilson did in seattle.

I just think someone of the level of Sean Payton as a offensive play caller could have done more to call a game to Wilson if he really wanted to but he took the job knowing that he didn't want Wilson so the motivation to really put him in the best situation wasn't there.

2 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I mean yeah this seems pretty cut and dry to me on a contract breach.

However, considering the source it's coming from, I want to wait and see a legit reporter break this story before anything else.

Without the actual text of Russ contract to verify, the NFL could easily consider this a CBA breach, not a breach of Russ' contract. That way the NFL could punish the Broncos directly and Russ still wouldn't get any of the non-guaranteed money.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Without the actual text of Russ contract to verify, the NFL could easily consider this a CBA breach, not a breach of Russ' contract. That way the NFL could punish the Broncos directly and Russ still wouldn't get any of the non-guaranteed money.

Oh yeah it's gonna be hilarious watching the NFL pin this directly on the Broncos and absolve themselves of any sort of blame here so that all they have to do is punish the Broncos with a fine and losing draft picks or something.

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Oh yeah it's gonna be hilarious watching the NFL pin this directly on the Broncos and absolve themselves of any sort of blame here so that all they have to do is punish the Broncos with a fine and losing draft picks or something.

I don't think the NFL did anything wrong, this is on the Broncos if the reports are accurate.

If Russ' contract said the Broncos need to operate in good faith, then that opens up the possibility of needing to pay out portions of his contract into 2025. If it's the CBA, that's a team/union issue and Russ getting paid anything beyond what he'd already be entitled to wouldn't make sense.

Personally, I hope the NFL manages to keep this a team/union issue. Did the Broncos do something scummy? Yeah, but I don't see Russ as a victim here. He was never getting the 2025 money unless he got hurt. So is he going to sit in front of an arbitration panel with a straight face and argue the Broncos deprived him of a chance to give himself a grave bodily injury? Makes no sense.

Punish the Broncos enough that any team who is thinking about doing something similar won't and be done with it.

1 hour ago, DirtyDez said:

Extending him in training camp before he played a game was a dumb decision. 

Again, he had no real signs of falling off the cliff that he did and we also had a different coach. Let's stop acting like everyone thought he was all of a sudden going to be a bottom 5 QB

34 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Again, he had no real signs of falling off the cliff that he did and we also had a different coach. Let's stop acting like everyone thought he was all of a sudden going to be a bottom 5 QB

There’s a middle ground between paying him like a top-5 QB before he plays a game for you and saying he was pretty bad in hindsight.  If he’s elite that first year then maybe you have to pay him maybe a little more but at least you know. 

46 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

My guy, Seattle trading him to you should have been that real sign! And by the time he got to DEN his legs were already gone.

Edited by AFlaccoSeagulls

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

My guy, Seattle trading him to you should have been that real sign! And by the time he got to DEN his legs were already gone.

Nobody was singing this tune at the time but half the people on the board act like they knew all along that he'd be this bad. It's just a stupid take

3 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

pretty sure all Seahawks fans told you his legs were gone. 

His legs being gone has nothing to do with the fact that after he snaps the ball it's almost like he doesn't even know what play he has called. Don't worry, I can make you a 10 minute montage of Jerry Jeudy being wide open for touchdowns this season and it has nothing to do with Russ's legs whatsoever 

Edited by BullsandBroncos

2 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

pretty sure all Seahawks fans told you his legs were gone. 

It wasnt about his legs. He had more than enough mobility this year, the main problem is that he got put (somewhat of his own wanting) into two seperate systems that are variations of the West Coast offense that rely on timing/quick passing.

They were Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees (watered down) offenses. Russ is a Shannahan system type of QB that relies on running the ball, hard play action, RPOs and bootlegs. Not a WC precision timing based offense type of QB that loves 15 play scoring drives through 7 yard gains all the way down field.

Square peg. Round hole.

Side Note: When the Broncos played the Browns--that was Paytons best game he coached this year. They came into the game prepared to execute a plan/offense that would counter Cleveland defense. Russ ran RPOs (one for a TD, another for a 25+ gain), they did a ton of misdirection at the line of scrimmage and put the ball down field to Sutton. Wonder what happened to that level of galaxy brain scheming and playcalling after that game 🤔

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, Dbrog24 said:

Oh you're funny and clearly didn't watch the Broncos in the first half of the season. That was all Payton trying to "let Russ cook" to the point the local media here actually wondered if Payton knew Wilson wasn't capable of it and was throwing the season. It was clear though that Payton tried to see where his ceiling was as halfway through, he completely dumbed down the system and put Russ back into the Seattle system where he is quite limited in favor of a strong run game...and the Broncos win record went off the charts. Point being Sean has done everything he could possibly do to get Russ to succeed and come to find out the answer is Wilson is washed compared to his former self in terms of mobility and we've all seen that he was always a system QB who needed someone to limit his large weaknesses.

I get why people might not like Sean but the level of hate screams to me people who have the luxury of good coaching on their team. Broncos have had nearly the worst crap trotted out in the NFL for the better part of a decade now and Sean is EASILY a breath of fresh air. I'd rather have a giant ****** but is a good coach rather than a great guy but god awful (here's looking at you Hackett)

Bro.

• Like 1