Packers suspend CB Jaire Alexander 1 game (conduct detrimental)

Forge

On 12/27/2023 at 2:25 PM, vegas492 said:

You need to stop.  Just stop.

Our defense is not about "leaving receivers open by 5 to 10 yards and having no idea what the play is from the get go."  

Not at all.

Rather we employ a defensive scheme that allows our defenders to be anywhere from 10-20 yards away from receivers, regardless of down and distance. 

We love to play a soft zone that will keep at least 3 players 25 yards from the line of scrimmage, right after the snap.  And we keep them there despite having no one running into said zone.

The goal is to keep everything in front of you as a player.  Then the player comes up to whiff on an open field tackle while his teammates watch on, while trying to contain their laughter.

And if that doesn't work, we will employ the Preston Smith at CB defense.  And that is the one that you really have to worry about.

Joe Woods is probably going to be available in the off-season if you guys do move on from Joe Barry. He won’t play Preston Smith at corner, I’ll tell you that much.

And the problem you have now with soft zones? It’s because they’re not soft enough. Joe Woods will have those DB’s in the stands on 4th & inches. Your days of giving up big plays will be over!! Unless you count the 30+ busted coverage assignments per week as the fault of the scheme’s coordinator. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, StatKing said:

I can get behind trading him for two firsts. I just don't think other teams would want him at that price. Anything less then that isn't worth it in my opinion.

I'm not saying teams are going to be tripping over themselves to get Jaire Alexander, but that's his value.  If you want to get in the ballpark, we can have a discussion.  If you're going to throw a Day 2 pick at me like it's more than Monopoly money, I'm going to tell you to go kick rocks.