Week 17 GDT: Dallas v. Detroit - Playoff Matchup?

D82

1 minute ago, D82 said:

Luck plays a big factor in a lot of things for some teams 

Dude, 2nd and 14, they have 1 TO. RUN THE FUGGING BALL! Force the last TO, take the clock to 55 seconds. 

That DRIVE took 58 seconds! Game would have been over a long time ago.

So, rely on luck or pkay smart???

Tick tock, tick tock.

Duh!

• Like 1

Coaching staff tried to throw game away, but they held on thanks to lions bigger key screwup. 

this team makes so many errors… and coaching staff just makes so many stupid decisions. 

So so frustrating when you see what they are capable of in moments, but then just shooting them selves in the foot time after time. 

id really like the nfl to break down what they consider the definition for holding to be. Because I feel like parsons is held every other play. Either by the man who he’s engaged with or help blocker who comes from behind. It’s absolutely sickening. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, project T.O said:

Coaching staff tried to throw game away, but they held on thanks to lions bigger key screwup. 

this team makes so many errors… and coaching staff just makes so many stupid decisions. 

So so frustrating when you see what they are capable of in moments, but then just shooting them selves in the foot time after time. 

id really like the nfl to break down what they consider the definition for holding to be. Because I feel like parsons is held every other play. Either by the man who he’s engaged with or help blocker who comes from behind. It’s absolutely sickening. 

Man, you're reading my mind. That's why I said "This team should just quit." It's almost less painful. Its sad when a team losses to a better team or flat out sucks.

But when you are consistently turning the ball over at the 1 yard line, have no running game, and your HC doesn't know how to close out a game, you will see the potential of this team melt away like ice on a hot day. That is the worst way to lose. To know the talent was there but stupidity got in the way.

PS the officals ROBBED Detroit on that call.

The referee will make an announcement of the ineligible player who is reporting, then signal by sweeping his hands vertically in front of his chest (as if “erasing” the number) and point to the newly eligible player.

I still believe they got screwed, but I am wondering why in the hell the official did not make the announcement? Where is his accountability in this?

1 minute ago, Rtnldave said:

The referee will make an announcement of the ineligible player who is reporting, then signal by sweeping his hands vertically in front of his chest (as if “erasing” the number) and point to the newly eligible player.

I still believe they got screwed, but I am wondering why in the hell the official did not make the announcement? Where is his accountability in this?

The ref did do that, sweeping his hands to the defense. But I guess he was only referring to #70.