2024 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

Really disappointed at Telesco's first free agency. Looking at who's left, there's a few good o-lineman, but no one left who's going to upgrade our offense anywhere else. I really don't see us being better on offense this year.  

Rookies aren't going to have a huge impact their first year either. So, unless the big name QB gets drafted, next year is going to be very anticlimactic to watch. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Good signing at this point. 

Zamir should be the starter, but he's still an unknown. 

I'm interested in what Mattison can do when defenses aren't stacking the hell out of the box because they know Josh Dobbs is the QB. 

He was dog crap with Cousins slinging the ball too

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

Good signing at this point. 

Zamir should be the starter, but he's still an unknown. 

I'm interested in what Mattison can do when defenses aren't stacking the hell out of the box because they know Josh Dobbs is the QB. 

Said the same thing in his thread. Dude was playing with scrubs most of the season and went over 80 twice with Cousins. He’s probably not goin to light it up but he can still be a steady back-up. Staff wants to see what Zamir can do with a full workload, I’m with it. 

8 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

if there was one position I didn't care about RAS is QB. What was Peyton Manning RAS? It's all about processing, being about to make the throws for a QB...

Have you not watched the modern NFL where the best QBs can move?

1 hour ago, NickButera said:

Really disappointed at Telesco's first free agency. Looking at who's left, there's a few good o-lineman, but no one left who's going to upgrade our offense anywhere else. I really don't see us being better on offense this year.  

Rookies aren't going to have a huge impact their first year either. So, unless the big name QB gets drafted, next year is going to be very anticlimactic to watch. 

Seriously not the sky is falling bs already, we still have another wave of free agents to come, and most of yall complained last year about Ziegler free agents signings, and guys like Epps, Spillane, Van Roten, Jenkins, Butler all made big contributions. Munford probably has the starting Job at RT he was graded higher than Elu for what its worth, they could draft someone to compete, a starting RG can be found and contribute right away in the draft or when guys get cut after the draft. The only real question is QB, but the Stache is an upgrade, how of an upgrade big remains to be seen.

• Like 3

Sign White/Gilmore/Howard/Nelson @ CB, Connor Williams/Risner/Tomlinson/GVR @ OG, and Humphries/Josh Jones/Peat @ RT. I’d throw in Mike Williams in there if he’s cheap + incentives as we don’t really have that 50/50 ball downfield type. Prep for draft!

3 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Seriously not the sky is falling bs already, we still have another wave of free agents to come, and most of yall complained last year about Ziegler free agents signings, and guys like Epps, Spillane, Van Roten, Jenkins, Butler all made big contributions. Munford probably has the starting Job at RT he was graded higher than Elu for what its worth, they could draft someone to compete, a starting RG can be found and contribute right away in the draft or when guys get cut after the draft. The only real question is QB, but the Stache is an upgrade, how of an upgrade big remains to be seen.

Straw man much? I'm not talking about anything other than what's going on right in front of us. If you're going to call my opinion bs, at least have the common courtesy to refer to *my* arguments in the past, and not "y'all's". Because I don't even know who you're referring to. 

Facts are facts. He said he'd lean on free agency a lot this year, but it's practically dried up. We've signed one starting caliber player. Have you seen the list of who's left to sign? We were told band aid QBs isn't something we're going to do. Then sign Minshew. Sky is falling? No. I'm holding them to their own words and comparing actions with statements. And so far, it's objectively unimpressive. There's still time yes, but there's also nothing wrong with judging the journey in the midst of the journey. 

55 minutes ago, NickButera said:

Straw man much? I'm not talking about anything other than what's going on right in front of us. If you're going to call my opinion bs, at least have the common courtesy to refer to *my* arguments in the past, and not "y'all's". Because I don't even know who you're referring to. 

Facts are facts. He said he'd lean on free agency a lot this year, but it's practically dried up. We've signed one starting caliber player. Have you seen the list of who's left to sign? We were told band aid QBs isn't something we're going to do. Then sign Minshew. Sky is falling? No. I'm holding them to their own words and comparing actions with statements. And so far, it's objectively unimpressive. There's still time yes, but there's also nothing wrong with judging the journey in the midst of the journey. 

Like I said last I checked Free agency isn't over, quality players will be back on the street after the draft. He also landed one of the best free agents on the market at a hole we hadn't filled for atleast 10 years.

6 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Have you not watched the modern NFL where the best QBs can move?

lol people are acting like Rattler has shown even a single shred of being a good processor. What is going on here? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, raidr4life said:

Like I said last I checked Free agency isn't over, quality players will be back on the street after the draft. He also landed one of the best free agents on the market at a hole we hadn't filled for atleast 10 years.

I feel like FA was sort of bland anyway. 

We landed a top tier DT. Seems like DT was the deepest position in FA, so there's only so much we could do. What was the alternative, sign 8 DTs?

The CB market, as far as lock downs, was non-existent. The few with potential are still available. 

QB was garbage. 

OL was pretty bland, so I'm not going to judge until after the draft. 

RB had some heavy hitters, but they were all clearly chasing rings and weren't going to come. 

WR was nonexistent. Ditto TE. 

We don't need to spend a bunch on edge rushers as we have 2 solid ones. Depth guys can still be had. 

LB was a bit of a whiff, I have to say, but there weren't many available I feel like we totally missed out on. LB on day 2 is fine. 

We don't need any S's. 

If FA is shallow at what you're looking for, there's not much you can do. A lot of guys we anticipated maybe being available didn't actually hit the market and those who did largely traded one deep playoff run team for another. Armistead and Aaron Jones are the only 2 I can think of that went to non-playoff teams and Armstead is clearly attaching his lot to Rodgers and his Saleh connection + we already made a DL splash, while Jones simply chose someone else amd RB1 wasn't a key need for us. 

• Like 6

8 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

I feel like FA was sort of bland anyway. 

We landed a top tier DT. Seems like DT was the deepest position in FA, so there's only so much we could do. What was the alternative, sign 8 DTs?

The CB market, as far as lock downs, was non-existent. The few with potential are still available. 

QB was garbage. 

OL was pretty bland, so I'm not going to judge until after the draft. 

RB had some heavy hitters, but they were all clearly chasing rings and weren't going to come. 

WR was nonexistent. Ditto TE. 

We don't need to spend a bunch on edge rushers as we have 2 solid ones. Depth guys can still be had. 

LB was a bit of a whiff, I have to say, but there weren't many available I feel like we totally missed out on. LB on day 2 is fine. 

We don't need any S's. 

If FA is shallow at what you're looking for, there's not much you can do. A lot of guys we anticipated maybe being available didn't actually hit the market and those who did largely traded one deep playoff run team for another. Armistead and Aaron Jones are the only 2 I can think of that went to non-playoff teams and Armstead is clearly attaching his lot to Rodgers and his Saleh connection + we already made a DL splash, while Jones simply chose someone else amd RB1 wasn't a key need for us. 

Way to break it down.

• Like 1