2018 Draft Thread I

Forge

28 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

For those unaware (and not reading the link), this is the condition that sank Ajayi's draft stock that year. It's considered a "career shortening" injury. This could easily knock him down a couple of rounds. 

8 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

This is going to happen isn't it? Changes some things as the Broncos may go with Darnold if he's available. 

If they go Baker, it's going to be interesting. Rumor was the only QB the Giants liked was Darnold, and here was also a rumor that the Jets' #1 was always Darnold, but they didn't think they were going to get him. 

5 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Lol I'm going to laugh if it's Baker. Hopping the browns down do a brown thing.

Why? He legitimately could be the best QB in the class. That's not a Browns thing at all. They have some top level execs in their front office now. 

7 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Why? He legitimately could be the best QB in the class. That's not a Browns thing at all. They have some top level execs in their front office now. 

Ehh...I mean, depends on how you feel about Scot M and he seems to be the one all in on Baker. I feel like Scot M's reputation is actually larger than what he's actually done when he's been the man in charge. But it's also impossible to know how much he was responsible for behind the scenes when he wasn't the man in charge. 

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

Ehh...I mean, depends on how you feel about Scot M and he seems to be the one all in on Baker. I feel like Scot M's reputation is actually larger than what he's actually done when he's been the man in charge. But it's also impossible to know how much he was responsible for behind the scenes when he wasn't the man in charge. 

Scott M/Dorey/Wolf/etc that's a good front office. I get the old Browns jokes, but they look to be doing things right down there now....Except paying Landry 15 million a year lol.

Who did he have the Niners selecting? 

10 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Scott M/Dorey/Wolf/etc that's a good front office. I get the old Browns jokes, but they look to be doing things right down there now....Except paying Landry 15 million a year lol.

Who did he have the Niners selecting? 

Well, if I remember from the gm interviews last year, Wolf was a guy who largely focused on NFL talent eval, right? Not the college scouting, I think that was Gut

Anyway, I think McGinn is behind a paysite now. Someone just posted the first pick because it was relevant to the tweet about BAker at #1. Scot M also released a tweet about doing damage. Sure, you have to read into that maybe more than you should, but given that he's been a huge BAker fan throughout this entire process, hard not to sort of involuntarily connect dots. 

27 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I think Mayfield is being underrated. I have him as my number 2, behind Rosen if not for his injury history. Allen is the one I personally wouldn't touch until late first/2nd. 

12 minutes ago, Ronnie's Pinky said:

Dude was a 17 year old moronic high school kid. I really don't care about most of them. Th ere was one that bugged me that wasn't included in the article. My favorite one they put on there was the one that said I hate Lebron though LOL. For the most part, it's a nothing to see here for me. 

Archived