2018 Draft Thread I

Forge

8 hours ago, Forge said:

Dude was a 17 year old moronic high school kid. I really don't care about most of them. Th ere was one that bugged me that wasn't included in the article. My favorite one they put on there was the one that said I hate Lebron though LOL. For the most part, it's a nothing to see here for me. 

Hmm...disagree. All I will say is that some guys can get away with "he was young" and others can't. Baker also got this treatment from Kirk last season...before he was called out on it. 

8 hours ago, Forge said:

Dude was a 17 year old moronic high school kid. I really don't care about most of them. Th ere was one that bugged me that wasn't included in the article. My favorite one they put on there was the one that said I hate Lebron though LOL. For the most part, it's a nothing to see here for me. 

I'm not convinced that what he said necessarily denotes bigotry, but it is definitely evidence that he is a special sort of stupid. Quarterbacks don't necessarily have to be geniuses to excel (hi, Ben Roethlisberger!), but obvious mental midgets like Allen are surely at a disadvantage, no?

6 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Minkah? Would not thrill me. I for one think we have lots of Safety talent compared to LB/Pass rush/OL. James would interest me a little more, but I guess Minkah is a bit of a ballhawk...which is good.

Sigh. Trying to prepare myself for tonight. o.O

Better then McG tho

If we stay at 9(hope we trade down) i really hope Edmunds will be the pick. With his athleticism he can be an absolute monster at SAM. Our defense i believe is pretty straightforward in terms of reads and is more of a put a guy in a good position and let him do what he does best. If you can use Edmunds at what we already can do you have a great player that is still so young that he can grow ever further.

24 minutes ago, Ronnie's Pinky said:

I'm not convinced that what he said necessarily denotes bigotry, but it is definitely evidence that he is a special sort of stupid. Quarterbacks don't necessarily have to be geniuses to excel (hi, Ben Roethlisberger!), but obvious mental midgets like Allen are surely at a disadvantage, no?

I will be the first to admit that I didn't see all the tweets. I was completely unaware of what's going on at first. i saw one that I took very badly. 

I don't know that Allen is a mental midget, and I don't know where he stands now with regards to a lot of this. I will agree that there could be some disadvantage here - people could take his posts a myriad of ways. I have no doubt  that some are going to think the worst of him, and some of those people are going to be teammates. That's a bad thing for sure. Some people are going to chalk it up to immaturity of a teenager (from what I saw, a lot of these posts were from 2013?). There are going to be some ramifications for certain, but I have no idea what they are. 

4 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

If we stay at 9(hope we trade down) i really hope Edmunds will be the pick. With his athleticism he can be an absolute monster at SAM. Our defense i believe is pretty straightforward in terms of reads and is more of a put a guy in a good position and let him do what he does best. If you can use Edmunds at what we already can do you have a great player that is still so young that he can grow ever further.

FWIW, McGinn had us taking Edmunds. 

49 minutes ago, sherm said:

Hmm...disagree. All I will say is that some guys can get away with "he was young" and others can't. Baker also got this treatment from Kirk last season...before he was called out on it. 

There are some that bug me, I'll admit. Others are just stupid. But a lot could be in interpretation. I didn't see them all, either. I think it could potentially lead to some issues with teammates, that is for sure. But I also think that there's a good chance that this is something that is all but forgotten in 4 months and never brought up again until another pre-draft dirty laundry airing. 

A couple of things though - why does a 16/17 year old farm boy of no consequence (let's remember, he wasn't a big name recruit) even have a twitter account? And 2, how has he not fired his agent yet? If you're not smart enough to deactivate your previous social media or go back through and delete posts, your agent definitely should be. Total fail on the part of his agent. 

Archived