2018 Draft Thread I

Forge

9. San Francisco 49ers

(LB, S, WR) As often as you hear Nelson-to-the-Bears, you’ll hear Edmunds-to-the-Niners, where the 19-year-old would fit into a K.J. Wright-like role. They’re also looking for corners, but Ward may be a shaky fit. One interesting thought that was passed along to me: Fitzpatrick as a corner for the Niners

From Albert Breer. 

So Edmunds over Smith it seems from most of the folks in the know.

Fitzpatrick as a nickel CB or outside CB? 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

9. San Francisco 49ers

(LB, S, WR) As often as you hear Nelson-to-the-Bears, you’ll hear Edmunds-to-the-Niners, where the 19-year-old would fit into a K.J. Wright-like role. They’re also looking for corners, but Ward may be a shaky fit. One interesting thought that was passed along to me: Fitzpatrick as a corner for the Niners

From Albert Breer. 

So Edmunds over Smith it seems from most of the folks in the know.

Fitzpatrick as a nickel CB or outside CB? 

I don't know if he can hang on the corner, but I like the fact that at minimum, he'd be fine in the slot or could be a tremendous safety. His floor is pretty high for us defensively if we went that direction. I hate to use the label because it's more or less seen as a negative now, but he's got to be considered one of the safer prospects for us to draft. 

9 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

If that's what you believe, I won't change your mind. I would just recommend reading the terms and conditions of these platforms. The hoops you speak of are a bit larger than an attorney is going to be able to handle.

The thing is that if you "delete" questionable ones from a few years ago and leave the rest and there's no reason for folks to think you've hidden a few and start digging then it just might get by.

9 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

If that's what you believe, I won't change your mind. I would just recommend reading the terms and conditions of these platforms. The hoops you speak of are a bit larger than an attorney is going to be able to handle.

In the case of Twitter, according to their EULA, they drop information from the servers 30 days after an account is deleted, so there's one way. Of course, apparently the library of Congress has been archiving tweets for some time, so the information is still out there, though I doubt it's at all easy to access.

10 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

If we take Fitzpatrick and he becomes a ball-hawking safety, I will be fine with the pick. Anything less--such as a corner, slot or outside--I will not be too pleased. 

Not that my opinion matters to the team at all...

I'd say we need more help at corner than safety, so if we think that he can be a boundary corner, I don't see what the issue is. He's a safe pick...maybe a little unsexy, all things considered. Also, given the zone heavy scheme we play in the secondary, this may not be a bad fit at all for him to be a boundary corner. I have absolutely no issues with a Minkah pick regardless of where we choose to deploy him. 

14 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'd say we need more help at corner than safety, so if we think that he can be a boundary corner, I don't see what the issue is. He's a safe pick...maybe a little unsexy, all things considered. Also, given the zone heavy scheme we play in the secondary, this may not be a bad fit at all for him to be a boundary corner. I have absolutely no issues with a Minkah pick regardless of where we choose to deploy him. 

Yep. Minkah's definitely got the physical traits to be a beastly boundary corner. I dunno if he can learn the technique or not, but if the team thinks he can, I'm not at all opposed to the idea.

25 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

If we take Fitzpatrick and he becomes a ball-hawking safety, I will be fine with the pick. Anything less--such as a corner, slot or outside--I will not be too pleased. 

Not that my opinion matters to the team at all...

So ball-hawking S...good. ball-hawking CB..no Bueno?

1 hour ago, big9erfan said:

The thing is that if you "delete" questionable ones from a few years ago and leave the rest and there's no reason for folks to think you've hidden a few and start digging then it just might get by.

Good point. As long as you've made no petty enemies and haven't met anyone who thinks they can profit off your hidden past, you'll likely be fine.

1 hour ago, Ronnie's Pinky said:

In the case of Twitter, according to their EULA, they drop information from the servers 30 days after an account is deleted, so there's one way. Of course, apparently the library of Congress has been archiving tweets for some time, so the information is still out there, though I doubt it's at all easy to access.

This is very true. And for folks like you or I, nobody's likely to make an attempt to get it or is likely to have the capability (barring legal matters). For someone in the spotlight like Allen...much easier. Someone already suggested that this could have been leaked by a team hoping to cause him to fall down the boards to them. There are certainly people in NFL front offices (up to and including owners) who this probably would not be so complicated for. 

Archived