2018 Draft Thread I

Forge

4 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I see Edmunds being a popular SF pick in mock drafts. Who does he compare to? 

He kind of reminds me of Barr. I sometimes question is physicality in the box but he's rangy and flies to the ball. I think he would be a very good WILL. Good coverage 'backer.

1 hour ago, 757-NINER said:

He kind of reminds me of Barr. I sometimes question is physicality in the box but he's rangy and flies to the ball. I think he would be a very good WILL. Good coverage 'backer.

I think he would be a better MIKE than WILL. Unlike Foster, he's really good at stacking and shedding blocks and fighting his way through traffic. I'd rather have Edmunds play MIKE and try to keep Foster as clean as possible at WILL.

2 hours ago, Geek said:

I think he would be a better MIKE than WILL. Unlike Foster, he's really good at stacking and shedding blocks and fighting his way through traffic. I'd rather have Edmunds play MIKE and try to keep Foster as clean as possible at WILL.

I don't think he's great at diagnosing plays. I feel like sometimes he just shoots the gap and finds the ball. A lot of times he'll shoot the wrong gap. I agree I would rather move Foster to WILL but he's much more instinctive and quicker to diagnosis than Edmunds as a MIKE. Like I said, he sometimes looks a little too finesse to me, taking on would-be blockers. Foster is much more physical in that regard. I like him as a player though. I'd let him and Foster duke it out for the Mike...may the best, more consistent guy win. I just like his size more outside, matching-up with TEs as a WILL. And I do like the fact that he's still developing and has room to grow as a player. He'll only be 19 when he's drafted. That's crazy when you think about it.

17 hours ago, Geek said:

I think Mike or Sam with Edmunds more so than WILL as well. 

17 hours ago, Geek said:

We already have a Mike and Will...we need an upgrade @ the Sam.

4 minutes ago, sherm said:

We already have a Mike and Will...we need an upgrade @ the Sam.

Will could be upgraded, but I agree that we are content with Smith heading into the season. It's not a priority for the team, I have to believe.

Nice to see you out and about again, sherm 

man... overreact much there, Walter? lolz

Source: Bleacher Report
Jan 28 - 1:46 PM

Walter Football's Walter Cherepinsky believes that Richmond QB Kyle Lauletta could go in the second round of the 2018 NFL Draft.

NFL Media analyst Daniel Jeremiah said that LSU WR D.J. Chark had "everyone talking" after the Senior Bowl.

Chark could have easily been the MVP of the game, if not for Richmond's Kyle Lauletta throwing for three scores, anyway. Jeremiah notes that there wasn't much hype going into the game, but he not only impressed as a receiver, he also made big plays on special teams. That will solidify Chark's stock, but in a weak/volatile wideout class, it could cement him as someone who won't be on the board when Day 3 starts.

( should always have been on the day 2 radar, at the least.. stats stats stats... lacking college production without context )

4 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

FWIW @CalhounLambeau has Edmunds DOB as 05/02/98 which would mean he's only turning 20 this year. I think that Edmunds is currently 19 is the general consensus of the internet

17 hours ago, 757-NINER said:

I don't think he's great at diagnosing plays. I feel like sometimes he just shoots the gap and finds the ball. A lot of times he'll shoot the wrong gap. I agree I would rather move Foster to WILL but he's much more instinctive and quicker to diagnosis than Edmunds as a MIKE. Like I said, he sometimes looks a little too finesse to me, taking on would-be blockers. Foster is much more physical in that regard. I like him as a player though. I'd let him and Foster duke it out for the Mike...may the best, more consistent guy win. I just like his size more outside, matching-up with TEs as a WILL. And I do like the fact that he's still developing and has room to grow as a player. He'll only be 19 when he's drafted. That's crazy when you think about it.

I agree that he has the tendency to just shoot gaps but im not too worried about that. I think that his tendency to guess is just a by-product of his age and experience. When he becomes more comfortable after playing a couple years in a defense I think we'll see that issue doesn't happen as often.

I disagree tho that Edmunds is to finesse with taking on blockers.  I think he's actually quite physical, I've seen him stand up some lineman pretty well. I trust him more than Foster with taking on blocks.

2 hours ago, Forge said:

I think Mike or Sam with Edmunds more so than WILL as well. 

Edmunds @ SAM could be pretty interesting. IIRC our SAMs rush the passer a decent amount and I think Edmunds could do that quite well. Running a linebacker group of Smith-Foster-Edmunds would be absolutely deadly. Add on Ansah and a corner and this defense could be on the fast track to being elite again. 

That being said I think Edmunds would be best suited for MIKE and then allow Foster to play WILL. I'm not so sure how realistic this would be day 1 though since the MIKE is calling plays and getting people in position and Edmunds might not be comfortable enough to do that right off the bat in our system.

Yea I think I like Edmunds a lot.

1 hour ago, oldman9er said:

man... overreact much there, Walter? lolz

Source: Bleacher Report
Jan 28 - 1:46 PM

Walter Football's Walter Cherepinsky believes that Richmond QB Kyle Lauletta could go in the second round of the 2018 NFL Draft.

NFL Media analyst Daniel Jeremiah said that LSU WR D.J. Chark had "everyone talking" after the Senior Bowl.

Chark could have easily been the MVP of the game, if not for Richmond's Kyle Lauletta throwing for three scores, anyway. Jeremiah notes that there wasn't much hype going into the game, but he not only impressed as a receiver, he also made big plays on special teams. That will solidify Chark's stock, but in a weak/volatile wideout class, it could cement him as someone who won't be on the board when Day 3 starts.

( should always have been on the day 2 radar, at the least.. stats stats stats... lacking college production without context )

At least you were on Chark before the hype started! And I was on the bandwagon with you before the hype! We're winners here, oldman!

2 hours ago, Geek said:

I think that Edmunds is currently 19 is the general consensus of the internet

Based on my information. Strangely enough I broke the news online.

My Tweets about it have been re-Tweeted and viewed thousands of times and nobody has disputed it. 

On a side note. Wikipedia is wrong all the time. They have had incorrect DOB's for Scarbrough and McGlinchey this year. 

Baker met with Bills, Saints, Jets and Dolphins at senior bowl. I like the dolphins meeting. It means that if the Bills and saints are interested, they probably would need to jump to our range to secure him to be safe

Archived