Rapaport: Expect Bears to retain Eberflus as head coach in 2024

G08

1 minute ago, SLCbear said:

I think maybe you are not understanding my post.

You are not understanding what these press conferences at all. You are taking everything they are saying literally, when in reality its all just vagaries and GM/Coach speak of "were not giving you guys anything, just let us do our work"

The fact you are trying to read ANYTHING from that press conference shows me you are too far in the weeds already. 

2 minutes ago, SLCbear said:

I think maybe you are not understanding my post. He more or less did lay out the plan from A-z. Flus mentioned a 'shortlist' Poles and Flus both talked adaptability ALot. They also talked about exploratory means throughout the interview provess. This tells me that they do not have a set guy or 2 already. This is my problem, how can you not have a fairly sure answer at OC BUT go all in on Flus ?

Do You trust Poles to find the 'right fit' ??

Can you site an instance where an NFL franchise did not speak in general terms in an instance such as this?  

10 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I'm not buying the media narrative that this team is stuck this offseason, pigeon holing the staff next offseason, or somehow hiring people in the wrong order based on who the quarterback is.... Poles and Flus inherited Justin and CHOSE to keep him and extend their evaluations... Poles and Flus could have gotten rid of him last season and they can get rid of him this season.... They have been given the chance to pick whichever rookie QB and offensive coordinator they wanted for two consecutive seasons... Now after the press conference we learned Poles CHOSE to keep Eberflus and Eberflus CHOSE to fire Getsy. To say that this team or anybody at Halas Hall is somehow married or attached to any other entity is a bad assumption. Justin Fields is his own QB and he is Poles and Flus' QB not Getsy's QB or Ryan Pace's QB or anything like that. 

Eberflus in conjunction with Poles will select two new coordinators this offseason and irrespective of who the QB is they have to be able to coach whose there and make them successful. All these decisions are being made independently of each other and I don't understand all the haters that say If we get rid of Justin that's somehow doing the coaches we bring in next season a disservice.

Would Poles or the Bears or anyone else be in a better spot if Ryan Pace just held onto Trubisky for another season and then still got fired? The Bears still won the trade moving up with the Giants to take Fields regardless of who the GM and coaches were. Kadarius Toney has been nothing but garbage and Evan Neal has been average.

42 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

It sounds like you would only have been happy if they fired flus, so your critique specifically about the language they used surrounding their OC search seems misplaced.

I am actually OK with Flus provided we have an EXcellenT OC, excellent execution, excellent play-calling

51 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

You are not understanding what these press conferences at all. You are taking everything they are saying literally, when in reality its all just vagaries and GM/Coach speak of "were not giving you guys anything, just let us do our work"

The fact you are trying to read ANYTHING from that press conference shows me you are too far in the weeds already. 

Do they have a can't miss, sure fire OC prospect relatively in -hand ? No

Did they go all in with Flus without having this in hand, relatively speaking ? Yes 

Is this ALL that I am saying/gleaning in reference to what was said at the press conference ? YES 

Do I think they should wait to go all in with Flus until they have the right OC ? Yes  

Does finding this CRITICAL OC using Poles analytics cumbaya system scare the **** out of me ? YESssS 

I said it in a different post, OC is easily the MOsT important move we make all offseason. We either need a fabulous OC to pair with Flus or get rid of Flus altogether. Going all in on Flus NOw and feeling are way to an OC scares me to death ha haha 

Edited by SLCbear

2 minutes ago, SLCbear said:

Do they have a can't miss, sure fire OC prospect relatively in -hand ? No

Did they go all in with Flus without having this in hand, relatively speaking ? Yes 

You dont KNOW any of this, you are just making an assumption to fit how you feel right now.

That is what we are saying, so therefor every one of your "conclusions" cant be anything more than an opinion based off of incomplete information.

You are taking vague answers designed to not give any real information and presenting them as empirical fact, thats not how it works.

52 minutes ago, Bigbear72 said:

Can you site an instance where an NFL franchise did not speak in general terms in an instance such as this?  

Yes, Poles and Flus yesterday👍🏻 They were being pretty clear on the OC search 

11 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

You dont KNOW any of this, you are just making an assumption to fit how you feel right now.

That is what we are saying, so therefor every one of your "conclusions" cant be anything more than an opinion based off of incomplete information.

You are taking vague answers designed to not give any real information and presenting them as empirical fact, thats not how it works.

@Bigbear72

Do you believe they have a sure fire OC relatively in hand at the moment ??  One good enough to go all in with Flus ?

This is all I am saying. 

Edited by SLCbear

12 minutes ago, SLCbear said:

@Bigbear72

Do you believe they have a sure fire OC relatively in hand at the moment ??  One good enough to go all in with Flus ?

This is all I am saying. 

Such a thing doesn’t really exist though. Those that would be a “sure fire OC”, or as close to one as exists, are all themselves head coaches and not available. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, SLCbear said:

@Bigbear72

This is all I am saying. 

This in no way, shape, or form, is anywhere in the realm of reality. Your expectations simply aren’t realistic.

Jim Caldwell's name came up early in the rumor mill. Is he still an option?

I'd almost prefer an older guy who's been-there-done-that with head coaching. The Bears clearly want continuity and the easiest way to torpedo that is to hire a wunderkind who's gone after a year.

1 hour ago, refundmytickets said:

I'd almost prefer an older guy who's been-there-done-that with head coaching. The Bears clearly want continuity and the easiest way to torpedo that is to hire a wunderkind who's gone after a year.

Odds are a guy like Bevell isn't getting a HC job anytime soon regardless so he might be a nice option

2 hours ago, refundmytickets said:

Haven't thought about Caldwell in a hot minute. He was a pretty well liked coach IIRC too, so he might be able to further help that if the Bears struggle for another year. I personally like having former HCs because they have dealt with the stresses of managing a whole team's operations all week, so when they come to OC they have a more specialized focus for just one portion of the game.

That being said the Bears have had Martz and Tice and they both sucked donkey balls, but I'm hoping my logic holds up in practice at some point. Caldwell being as old as he is likely never gets to sniff a third HC gig IMO.

4 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Such a thing doesn’t really exist though. Those that would be a “sure fire OC”, or as close to one as exists, are all themselves head coaches and not available. 

a 'sure fire' OC in THeiR minds 

Commit to Flus 1st, then they are off on a journey to find the perfect OC ha ha 

I just pray they somehow get lucky