Finale GDT - Bears/Packers

beardown3231

Just now, dll2000 said:

No.  Our wins were weak sauce.  We also lost to a number of crappy teams.  

I just didn't understand your reply originally but it seems like you were saying "yes, all of that + they even had bad losses"

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Well yeah but if he has Mike Evans, Marvin Harrison and Brock Bowers + Moore and then Biadsz at center, look out!

If the Bears get all those talents then Im confident Eberflus will match Jay and also go 2-11 vs GB.

6 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Put Love...or any QB for that matter behind the interior of that OL today and they would be slaughtered...when your best linemen suddenly forgets how to pass pro and becomes your biggest weakness in the game you know you have problems.

I'm just tired of all the excuses man. 

Look at CJ Stroud. You can argue he's playing with less than what Fields has around him and he's been balling out , granted he has an offensive coordinator that seems to know what he's doing , but he's still been better than Fields has as a rookie! 

Has Fields ever even had a good game against GB in 3 years ?

1 hour ago, topwop1 said:

I'm just tired of all the excuses man. 

Look at CJ Stroud. You can argue he's playing with less than what Fields has around him and he's been balling out , granted he has an offensive coordinator that seems to know what he's doing , but he's still been better than Fields has as a rookie! 

Has Fields ever even had a good game against GB in 3 years ?

You can’t argue that Stroud is playing behind a worse OL than that performance we saw from ours…you also can’t argue that the scheme & play caller is far better in Houston & that the talent in Houston was underrated massively at the start of the year…it’s all good and well saying it’s an excuse but when pressure is right in any QBs face they will struggle.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

You can’t argue that Stroud is playing behind a worse OL than that performance we saw from ours…you also can’t argue that the scheme & play caller is far better in Houston & that the talent in Houston was underrated massively at the start of the year…it’s all good and well saying it’s an excuse but when pressure is right in any QBs face they will struggle.

Yeah even as a fields "doubter" today's game was almost meaningless towards evaluating him. The OL was giving up interior pressure from both guard spots and the center spot all night. It was brutal.

One of the big issues with the Fields era in general is there was never a real investment to even attempt to fix the offense. We literally never had a center once. Only in year 3 did we have a right tackle.  OG hasn't exactly been a strength either, our only good one is a guy with major back problems, who played like complete crap today. WR has also been an issue.

We're just also out of time to fix it, and get a proper evaluation. IMO this offseason, regardless of getting Caleb, staying with Fields, or someone else, they basically need to dedicate the entire FA and draft towards getting the offensive side of the ball.... We bent over backwards to try and fix the defense last offseason, but clearly triage  rules have the offense as the patient in worse condition right now.

• Like 2

Wooten on CHGO keeps saying if Justin threw for 400 and Bears dominated GB we wouldn’t be saying move on from Fields.  

Probably.  I would certainly be more open to it.  I could say we can build off that.

But that didn’t happen. 

If all these coaches getting fired won their divisions they wouldn’t be being fired.  

I feel bad.  Oline really made it hard in that game.  Defense didn’t get turnovers or punts.   But it wasn’t just the one game.  

There were other opportunities to grow and improve in 2023 that weren’t seized.  

11 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Wooten on CHGO keeps saying if Justin threw for 400 and Bears dominated GB we wouldn’t be saying move on from Fields.  

Im not listening to it, so I dont know any specifics being said, but in general, anyone making any decision on yesterdays game is doing so purely on fan emotion. That is hyperfuled by Packer hate. 

Our defense was missing its (now) 2nd best player who has consistently shown that he completely changes that entire side of the ball. And regardless of your feelings on him, we were also missing the Starting Center, and it was a crazy drop in effectiveness (maybe not talent) to the backup.

This team has a bottom 10 roster and still got 7 wins. You play good and bad teams every year, so saying "we only beat the bad ones" is a hilarious complaint. And guess what, last year we didnt beat those Bad Teams. I still think we are closer to Bottom 5 roster than 10, but before we added Sweat (and our CB got a spark lit when no one wanted him at the deadline, plus a few other defenders finally clicked) we were for sure a Bottom 5 Roster.

Some of you hid it well for a while, but now that the offseason is here (and you are losing your minds over the Packers) you are back to thinking you can completely transform an entire roster in one offseason. Youre back in Madden Mode which is completely unrealistic.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Probably.  I would certainly be more open to it.  I could say we can build off that.

But that didn’t happen. 

If all these coaches getting fired won their divisions they wouldn’t be being fired.  

I feel bad.  Oline really made it hard in that game.  Defense didn’t get turnovers or punts.   But it wasn’t just the one game.  

There were other opportunities to grow and improve in 2023 that weren’t seized.  

Lol. Last time the Bears dominated GB Favre had a complete trash day and Orton threw for 104 yards - with a long of 33.

If there is one thing to hold against Poles, more than the Claypool trade or anything else IMO, is that he didn't force the Bears offense to really give a full Fields evaluation. Weak C, two years of relying on rookie mid-round WRs to be the WR3, and while Fields threw the ball about 28 times per game there were SO many throws that were either behind the LOS its hard to see how much he may have improved as a passer. I mean his completion percentage when up by 1% while his attempts jumped but Getsy's playcalling sure as hell made it hard to evaluate.

Warren and Poles need to do a deep eval (should have already started, or at least had someone compiling everything to) on Fields from the last two years to see what progress he made or where he did not progress as hoped.

Getsy needs tossed out immediately regardless of what else happens.

• Like 1