The National Championship Thread: #1 Michigan vs #2 Washington, 1/8, 7:30 PM

MikeT14

1 hour ago, Miblue said:

Michigan doesn’t win a natty or three big ten titles without him

Maybe not but to me the integrity of the program is important, some people are more than willing to sacrifice that for titles I'm not one of them.

I still think the 12-team playoff bracket should be divided along the Mason-Dixon Line. Yeah this game was great for CFB as a whole because the South was completely absent, but still having a North (or West) VS. South game every year would be the best solution.

12 hours ago, nagahide13 said:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/39282077/ncaa-president-says-michigan-earned-football-national-title-fair-square

Not sure if that ends things but it's certainly telling of the direction the NCAA is moving.

He's not on the infractions committee. It's just his opinion and honestly, it's kinda what you would expect him to say, right?

From the same article:

He said the NCAA infractions team is working on finding ways to move faster with its process. In the sign-stealing case, Big Ten commissioner Tony Petitti had to employ a controversial interpretation of the league's sportsmanship policy to levy any punishment during the season in which alleged violation occurred.

"We do have a series of discussions going on with the infractions folks about whether or not we can't do something to speed up the pace of our investigations," Baker said. "Certainly in a case like this, we'd like to be able to move a lot more quickly."

Baker said he hopes the investigation will pick up speed now that the season is over and the Michigan coaching staff will be more readily available to speak to investigators.

Edited by BobbyPhil1781