The National Championship Thread: #1 Michigan vs #2 Washington, 1/8, 7:30 PM

MikeT14

5 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

Vacated by whom? the NCAA is on the decline in college football. They already instituted their punishment and the natty committee didn't care.

When did the NCAA institute their punishment? The suspension was by the conference and is completely separate from any NCAA punishment.

I don't remember hearing about any other punishment being announced yet.

Just now, rob_shadows said:

When did the NCAA institute their punishment? The suspension was by the conference and is completely separate from any NCAA punishment.

I don't remember hearing about any other punishment being announced yet.

There wasn't. NCAA will happen later. 

1 minute ago, detfan782004 said:

There wasn't. NCAA will happen later. 

Okay that's what I thought.

My guess is they will vacate the entire 2023 season for the wolverines.

Edited by rob_shadows

3 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

Okay that's what I thought.

My guess is they will vacate the entire 2023 season for the wolverines.

Interesting then does that mean their will just be no 2023 national champs at that point in the record books?

I thought you guys were talking about cheeseburger-gate. Y'all think the season will be vacated over Connor Stallions? That stuff was hardly even illegal, just really really embarrassing.

When OSU got suspended over tattoos nobody looked worse than the NCAA and that was at the height of their power. They've lost all relevance.

7 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

I thought you guys were talking about cheeseburger-gate. Y'all think the season will be vacated over Connor Stallions? That stuff was hardly even illegal, just really really embarrassing.

When OSU got suspended over tattoos nobody looked worse than the NCAA and that was at the height of their power. They've lost all relevance.

Hardly illegal is still illegal. It gave them a competitive advantage over their opponents. Factor in all the **** that has gone down at Michigan under Harbaugh's watch and that will play into it. 

We'll see what happens

10 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Call me whatever but I think both Penix and McCarthy won't be good NFL QBs and should be day two guys, at best. 

Okay I'll call you whatever. I think McCarthy will be a pretty good NFL QB. People tend to look at stat lines when judging college QBs chances in the NFL and that usually doesn't workout well. Opportunities for McCarthy were very limited in the offense he was/is in. It's hard for a guy to get in rhythm when he is only throwing on third down most of the time. Anyway just my opinion. 

Speaking of coaches being punished DeBoer should be punished for leaving Penix in for the end of that game. 

I understand Penix was probably begging to finish the game but the kid was clearly hurt, clutching his ribs after every single play, and the game is out of reach. It's a coaches responsibility to protect his players... Even from themselves. Penix took multiple big hits on that last offensive drive that could have made his injury worse and for what? The game was already over.

There is absolutely no excuse for that in my opinion and the NCAA needs to make sure that kind of thing does not happen.

Edited by rob_shadows

3 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

I'll be happy if Harbaugh leaves for the NFL. He brought us a Natty but it came with a big black eye and a lot of embarrassment.

Agreed entirely but I've never liked Harbaugh anyway.

1 minute ago, nagahide13 said:

Back to the point, I don't know if the NCAA even has the power to vacate National Championships anymore

Technically they don't have direct authority anymore but it's one of those things where if they suggest it to the CFP they'll probably just go along with it.