The National Championship Thread: #1 Michigan vs #2 Washington, 1/8, 7:30 PM

MikeT14

1 minute ago, FalconFan13 said:

Wasn't his best game but his O-line and WR's did him absolutely no favors this game at all. 

The blocking was abysmal all night. 

He had his moments, but he couldn't get into any sort of groove. 

1 minute ago, FalconFan13 said:

Wasn't his best game but his O-line and WR's did him absolutely no favors this game at all. 

Certainly true. But he did himself no favors too. That said, one game is one game. What this game demonstrates to me is that I shouldn't get too high on him for Texas or too low on him for tonight.

Just now, rob_shadows said:

I seriously think this game might have cost Penix the first round. 

He just did not look good at all tonight.

He had a chance to go top 15 with Atlanta and Denver needing quarterbacks. It's not like Michigan overwhelmed Washington. I think Penix was just off today. He has shown this type of inconsistency throughout this season which is why I had him behind Nix before the Texas game. Now, I am not so sure. I probably still prefer Penix because that Texas game was the best game of any QB prospect this year.

3 minutes ago, Superduperman said:

Yeah but now instead of that coming at, say, pick 17, it might be pick 37

and thats fair im willing to go a 2nd round on Penix for the Falcons if we miss out on those other 3 guys at 8 or via a trade up.

Just now, ronjon1990 said:

Dude why is Penix still out there? It's out of reach and he's obviously injured. JFC. 

Agreed, this should be a firable offense for a HC. Irresponsible as hell, I don't care if he's begging to stay in you need to get him out of this game and protect him.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

He had a chance to go top 15 with Atlanta and Denver needing quarterbacks. It's not like Michigan overwhelmed Washington. I think Penix was just off today. He has shown this type of inconsistency throughout this season which is why I had him behind Nix before the Texas game. Now, I am not so sure. I probably still prefer Penix because that Texas game was the best game of any QB prospect this year.

I tell you what though if he had put up a performance like he did against Texas with the craptacular o-line play i seen tonight in front of him.  I might have been willing to put him in the top 3 XD