Week 18: San Francisco 49ers vs Los Angeles Rams

How on earth did the Bills win that? 

That team has to have used up 8.5 of its 9 lives by now.

I don't know if that team is more likely to win the superbowl or get blown out by 3 scores next week.

the most erratic up and down playoff team i have seen in some time. and they're the 2 seed! 

So we beat the Cowboys, Bucs, Eagles & Rams in the regular season

There is a path to us playing the Packers & Lions as well

Packers would have to beat the Cowboys. Lions would have to beat the Rams & then the winner of Bucs/Eagles

If that happens and we win both, we'll have beaten all 6 NFC playoff teams in the regular/postseason combined

Not a likely scenario, but possible

Edited by 49ersfan

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Performances. Who is playing and who isn't. When they ate playing Etc. It's legit just a preseason game and that's what we pay attention to there too 

That's why I kind of think Danny Gray is just done. My understanding is he's been good to go for like 2 weeks and they just aren't activating him. Didn't bring up tdp again. I thought it was interesting that winter and Graham didn't have any snaps into the fourth quarter. 

Also, I didn't know who 33 was, and now I know. That matters! (FYI, in case you didn't know, it's not Tony Parrish)

Oh got it, thought you were referring to the actual match up. 

But yes, all these games matter in terms of personal evaluation. 

Buccs and Rams are our most likely opponents. 

I have no respect for Jared Goff. I think Stafford is going to light up his old team. 

Eagles are so broken they would probably lose to Carolina next week. 

oh and Jake Moody's whiffed FGs cost the 49ers TWO games this season. He is a freaking problem. 

I don't trust him at all. someone call up Robbie Gould and give him a huge bag of money. 

• Like 2

Even though the game was meaningless, it irks me that we lost.

Back-ups or not, our run defense is leaky af and that is my biggest concern heading into the playoffs.

If teams can rush for 4-5 yards on first & second down at will, we're in big trouble.

I don't want us in a position where we have to outscore teams consistently, as our offense stalls at certain points in every game. We don't do well in scenarios where we're behind, especially in the second half of games so the defense has to do it's part in keeping opposing offenses at bay in those instances.

Also the fact that we can't get to the QB consistently rushing four is a big red flag imo.

The defensive scheme was built around that fact and if we have to bring an extra rusher on third manageable repeatedly, we're exposing our weaknesses from a coverage standpoint.

They have a week to cleam up some things but the defense as a whole has me concerned at the moment.

7 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

We won with Mike Cofer. We can win with J Moo.

Really though, he does need to be dialed in during the postseason, before this Wolverine becomes an X-Man. 

You spend a 3rd rounder on a kicker, he better be money inside 50.

That hasn't been Moody.

Moody is looking suspect right now and this is the WRONG time to be hoping & praying your kicker isn't the weak link in the chain.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Herodreamer79 said:

Buccs and Rams are our most likely opponents. 

For whatever reason, I really feel like the Rams are beating the lions. No idea why. Maybe I'm just getting fooled by the small sample back half of the season

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

For whatever reason, I really feel like the Rams are beating the lions. No idea why. Maybe I'm just getting fooled by the small sample back half of the season

The Lambs offense running the ball at a decent clip, along with a healthy Puka & Cupp, is a handful.

Would not be surprised if they had their way with that defense.

If the O-Line can keep Stafford upright for the most part, I don't see that defense slowing them down.

The rub is that Lambs defense will give up their fair share imo.

So, if push comes to shove and one defense needs a key stop here or there, I will have to lean heavily towards Detroit in those instances.

31 minutes ago, Forge said:

I feel like it’s going to be dependent on who is prone to (more) turnovers. Goff is turning over the ball a lot lately, so yes, I do believe that the Rams could win and now with LaPorta nursing an injury.

Game could become a shoot out because both defensive backfields look suspect. 

Leaning Rams as well

Edited by StevenK
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Forge said:

The thing with the Rams is despite how great they look in games, they find ways to allow other teams to hang around. I just think the Lions, playing at home will be able to hang in there and then eventually take the late lead and hold on to win. Will be a good game but the Lions pull it off. 

I see the Cowboys handling the Packers well at home. 

So we have to wait until Monday night to see who we play between the Bucs and Eagles. I don't like that since we won't have an extra day of rest for the NGCCG, should we make it there. 

I don't foresee any upsets. Our road to the SB will be Eagles/Cowboys/Ravens. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

Darnold looked slow in movement and processing yesterday, but also, got really screwed by Ray Ray and Conley. Darnold looked like Jimmy G with a little stronger of an arm. 

His brain just short circuits too much and he's very careless