Week 18- Packers vs. Bears regular season finale

Refugee

7 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Hopefully they screw it up. Have some historic draft capital to work with lately 

If they stick with Fields, they've screwed it up. If they stick with Fields and don't get a record haul for Caleb WIlliams, they've doubly screwed it up. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

I kinda want to see jrj meyers and rhyan on the inside.  Then jenkins comes back and rhyan stays at rg. 

This! Although I'd like for Jenkins to play and Rhyan just play the whole game at RG. 

I have been hearing that weighted DVOA has us losing to the Bears.

I'm trying to pre-assess how miserable that would make me. Usually I just go into f*** football mode, cutting off the part that causes distress.

The thing is, we're going to spank them. We just are. 

I'm like one of those spacy Swedish kids in the Pre-Crime tank. After a bit of splashing, I got the Packers winning 31-20.

Expecting a lot of short passes in this one.   Passes out in the flat, with a little running mixed in.  If Love plays like he's been playing, this will be an epic game in his development and ascent.  Great opportunity for him and this young Packer team to arrive.

12 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Expecting a lot of short passes in this one.   Passes out in the flat, with a little running mixed in.  If Love plays like he's been playing, this will be an epic game in his development and ascent.  Great opportunity for him and this young Packer team to arrive.

I think they will challenge the Bears down the field quite a bit.  Hopefully we can get the run game going to help allow that.  Also expect to see more of Aaron Jones in the passing game as well.  With all the weapons Love will have available I'm expecting to see the full arsenal on display on offense. 

3 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I think they will challenge the Bears down the field quite a bit.  Hopefully we can get the run game going to help allow that.  Also expect to see more of Aaron Jones in the passing game as well.  With all the weapons Love will have available I'm expecting to see the full arsenal on display on offense. 

33 in the passing game is one aspect Love has not even gotten close to AR in so far. Lot of reasons including Coach handcuffing Love early and Jones being injured for a while but that would be another level to unlock if we can get that rolling. Not the check down to PT for zero gain, but scripted in stride tosses to get 33 running free with some big bodies pulling out in front. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Refugee said:

33 in the passing game is one aspect Love has not even gotten close to AR in so far. Lot of reasons including Coach handcuffing Love early and Jones being injured for a while but that would be another level to unlock if we can get that rolling. Not the check down to PT for zero gain, but scripted in stride tosses to get 33 running free with some big bodies pulling out in front. 

Hard to match prior passing game use when jones is only in a portion of the snaps on the season.  From 2019 to 2022, jones averaged around 600 snap per year.  2023, jones is at 305 snaps with 1 game to play.  So jones is going to be about 60% of his previous average in snaps.  Yet his targets in those prior 4 years averaged around 69 per season and in 2023 he is at 38 targets with 1 game to go. So pretty similar in % difference in snaps and targets mostly due to jones injuries in 2023

Edited by squire12
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Counter point to that, how do the Bears cover everybody? It's not like they can gameplan to try and take one guy out. Like we can with Moore. There are literally six other guys who can to a lot of damage. 

I'm giving MLF the benefit of the doubt. Plus, Love is playing at a very high level. 

always better to have several very good receivers then just one great one

13 hours ago, Old Guy said:

If they stick with Fields, they've screwed it up. If they stick with Fields and don't get a record haul for Caleb WIlliams, they've doubly screwed it up. 

I'd say sticking with Fields is a 50/50 call. The Bears have spent an age with no QB of any worth. I don't think the HC should go either, given their recent improvements and how long, how very long, it has been since they were a competent and dangerous franchise. They are getting better, and with lots of premium draft capital they could be a force in 2024.... In fact the NFC North could be a much tougher conference next year, with no team as a true cellar-dweller.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive