Week 18- Packers vs. Bears regular season finale

Refugee

2 minutes ago, Uffdaswede said:

At first I thought that might have been a planned counter.

Do you ever play Sheepshead with one of those old f***ers that know everyone’s cards by the third trick?

Yes, his name is "Dad"

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

What kind of compensation do you think he'd attract? Is there a comparable trade recently?

Somebody will think they can fix him, but I wouldn't expect much more than a 3rd at this point. I think that is what the Cowboys gave up for Lance. 

5 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I've said you draft Williams and keep Fields around for next year. If he develops into some great, you have Williams as trade bait. Many here do not agree with that idea. 

I just don't think you can draft another guy, even Williams, and throw him right in. It hasn't worked for them in what, 7 tries or more? 

if you want Williams to sit for a year, then bring in a veteran QB and trade Fields.  Might as well have a veteran QB that is better in the film room and helping with reading a defense vs what Fields offers in that department.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

I didn't really mind the Fields concussion thing because he was either concussed or he wasn't. 

If he was, I am good with GB playing against a concussed Justin Fields.  If he wasn't, I am good with GB playing against a non-concussed Justin Fields.

Competitively, sure. 

Aside from the fact that i personally think the concussion issue transcends competition, the nfl pays a lot of lip service to the issue. 

Protocols were not followed. Nflpa should be sending them a letter on behalf of fields, but the reality is that nflpa doesnt take this seriously either.

It is all about power and cash grabs. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ReadyToThump said:

Do you not remember all the banter before week 1? "Justin Fields was HIM, OL and weapons and defense were significantly upgraded" 

They really thought they were going to win that game.....Until their daddy and new owner, Jordan Love was born.

I do and until this week most of the fanbase still wanted him brought back next year. 

• Like 1

Just now, Old Guy said:

Somebody will think they can fix him, but I wouldn't expect much more than a 3rd at this point. I think that is what the Cowboys gave up for Lance. 

I think they'd get a 2nd, and maybe a 3rd the following years based on wins, or games played, or something.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

if you want Williams to sit for a year, then bring in a veteran QB and trade Fields.  Might as well have a veteran QB that is better in the film room and helping with reading a defense vs what Fields offers in that department.

Probably a much better option but who? Also, what do you think Fields is worth? I'm thinking Trey Lance compensation that Dallas gave up. 

13 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

If there ever was any doubt about whether CHI would keep Fields or move on, there can't be any doubt now.  Before tonight, I actually thought there was some doubt.  In my defense, I am kind of dumb.

I really hope they just make the pick. The draft capital with that pick would be off the charts and set them up for over a decade SB run. Three straight years of multiple first round picks would put them them on par with SF talent wise. I don't think even Chicago could screw all that draft capital up.

Just take Williams and ruin him. Think this would be the best scenario for us.

2 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I'd take Williams and keep Fields around. I'd let Fields start for at least 1/2 of a season, hopefully the whole year.

The question I have with this as a strategy is that can you install the same offense for Justin Fields and also [QB you draft]?  Since it's definitely a problem for the other 10 guys on offense if you're trying to install two different offenses because the #2 guy can't play the #1 guy's offense (this is ultimately guys like Hundley and Kizer failed as Rodgers' backups).  Like if you're going to have a #2 who can't do the #1 stuff, you want *that* guy to be the "he can run around a bit" player, not the other way around.

Like can you run the Justin Fields stuff with Caleb Williams?  If you answer that in the negative, does that push you to take Jayden Daniels over Caleb Williams?  Is this a bad process?

• Like 2

Just now, {Family Ghost} said:

I think they'd get a 2nd, and maybe a 3rd the following years based on wins, or games played, or something.

Wow! That is nearing what we got for Rodges. 

The 49ers got a 4th for Lance. He was drafted higher than Fields. 

1 minute ago, PossibleCabbage said:

The question I have with this as a strategy is that can you install the same offense for Justin Fields and also [QB you draft]?  Since it's definitely a problem for the other 10 guys on offense if you're trying to install two different offenses because the #2 guy can't play the #1 guy's offense (this is ultimately guys like Hundley and Kizer failed as Rodgers' backups).  Like if you're going to have a #2 who can't do the #1 stuff, you want *that* guy to be the "he can run around a bit" player, not the other way around.

Like can you run the Justin Fields stuff with Caleb Williams?  If you answer that in the negative, does that push you to take Jayden Daniels over Caleb Williams?  Is this a bad process?

The only pick is Caleb Williams, end of story. If the Bears do anything other than that they've screwed up bigtime. 

One thing worth considering is that the Bears currently do not have a 2nd round pick (it's what they gave up for Sweat.)  They probably simply do not want to pick 1st, 9th, and then 73rd or whenever their next pick happens.  There's an incredible number of good players who go in the intervening 60 picks.

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

Probably a much better option but who? Also, what do you think Fields is worth? I'm thinking Trey Lance compensation that Dallas gave up. 

Tannehill, Brissett, Tyrod, Winston, Minshew.   There are plenty of veteran QB that are going to be FA and some that might be out.  

I think Fields could get a 2024 2nd and conditional 1-3 in 2025 based on playing time, performance (player/team),  similar to what Darnold went to Carolina for

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Tannehill, Brissett, Tyrod, Winston, Minshew.   There are plenty of veteran QB that are going to be FA and some that might be out.  

I think Fields could get a 2024 2nd and conditional 1-3 in 2025 based on playing time, performance (player/team),  similar to what Darnold went to Carolina for

WOW! I was thinking Trey Lance value myself. Dude hasn't shown he can play quarterback IMO. 

Edited by Old Guy

3 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Wow! That is nearing what we got for Rodges. 

The 49ers got a 4th for Lance. He was drafted higher than Fields. 

What GB got for Rodgers was also moving off the massive contract.   the picks and the future cap space