BDL Discussion Thread 2024

7 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Opposition has to show me.

What does this even mean? There are plenty of players who have proven way more than Breece Hall. You're the one going out on a limb here.

14 minutes ago, Blue said:

@MD4Ldon't let a friendly disagreement discourage you, I'm excited to see the rest of your rankings

He's living it up in Miami right now. Maybe WRs sometime tomorrow.

• Like 3

WR  Rankings

Disclamer: This was by far the hardest ranking group thus far. These rankings are subjective and a combination of both production from last year and projection of this year. Differences of opinion here is valid. It’s my rankings and I welcome any difference of opinion.

Tier 1: Alpha’s

1. Justin Jefferson: Closest competition for the top spot but Jefferson’s game is complete. Outstanding production in every season. Without Kirk Cousins figures to be a tremendous obstacle but one Jefferson should overcome.

2. Tyreek Hill: The most dangerous receiver in the game. Changes how you cover his offenses because you’re accounting for the big play. He was the best receiver for most of last season but had some uncharacteristic drops. He should remain a tier 1 talent as long as he maintains the elite speed.

3. Ceedee Lamb: The numbers last year were insane. He is mostly lined up in the slot but can easily win outside. An elite weapon.

4. Ja’Marr Chase: The last tier 1 WR, Chase also produced very well without Joe Burrow. He was my top WR last year and remains one of the best young players and has elite production 3 years in the league.

Tier 2: Bonafide #1 WRs

5. AJ Brown: Had some minor drop off in production like almost every Eagle in the 2nd half of the season. A big body with an easy ability to win in iso situations and rack up YAC on shorter passes. He’s an elite WR1.

6. Mike Evans: Time to show some love for Evans. Regardless of who’s his QB, he always produces. Despite getting up there in age, he’s still a phenomenal weapon that teams cannot single cover. He’s trending toward hall of famer.

7. DJ Moore: He finally had a QB who can get him the ball and showcased the explosive ability we all knew he had in his game. Perhaps the best YAC player in the NFL.

8. Amon-Ra St.Brown: Although he primarily lines up in the slot, St. Brown is an unquestionable WR1 and one of the best players in the league. Elite seperator and route runner.

Tier 3: Underrated/Sleepers

9. Garrett Wilson: Wilson produces regardless of who’s at QB and he’s yet to have a plus player at QB in his career.

10. Brandon Aiyuk: It is so hard evaluating these talents because Aiyuk played like a top 5 WR for most of the year. The ranking may feel low but regardless of opinion, he definitely took the reins over Deebo for WR1.

11. Chris Olave: Took the mantle of NFL’s most underrated WR from Scary Terry. Olave is a special player who’s never had better than league average QB play. Carr didn’t have the best connection with him but whenever Jameis got in the game, his downfield aggressive passing allowed Olave to showcase his vertical ability.

12. Amari Cooper: Cooper was prolific last year regardless of QB. Watson used him like Hopkins in prior years and he became a much better contested catch guy in Cleveland last season. When Flacco took over, Cooper was arguably a top 5 WR in the league.

13. Da’Vante Adams: This might ruffle a few feathers. Let’s disclose a couple things. 1. Adams is probably a future hall of famer. 2. Adams was marginalized at QB last year. With all the aforementioned things, WR is probably the deepest position and rankings vary wildly depending on flavor. Adams is now entering his 30s and I think he’ll gracefully transition unlike other WRs because his skill set. However, a combination of the people throwing him the ball and the ascension of some other players drop him farther than I would’ve anticipated, particularly with this ranking including projections for next year.

Tier 4: Almost no drop from tier 3

14. Nico Collins: Collins was the breakout star last year. So many elements to his game attract me. Vertical weapon, YAC eases with him. He went from role player to viable WR1 and even with Diggs entering the fold, I think Collins remains the without a doubt WR1 in one of the most promising offenses in football.

15. DK Metcalf: Feels like DK is always underrated but this feels like the right spot for another undisputed WR1. The big play ability is always there for him and the HWS just make him an extremely difficult matchup for most CBs.

16. Puka Nacua: My other guy! Basically landed in the perfect situation (QB that peppers his WR1 w targets, coach that schemes up plays for his WR1 with tremendous frequency, and a prior WR1 who was out with injuries). This could also be too low for Puka but it’s a massive victory considering whatever expectations people had for him entering year 1.

Next one up 

17. Jaylen Waddle: The last spot was pretty tough to put out and there were plenty of good choices. Waddle’s been a reception machine since getting drafted and finally started maximizing the YAC upside in the last two seasons. He gets the nod over Pittman.

Honorable Mention (No Order): Michael Pittman, George Pickens, Tee Higgins, Christian Kirk, DeAndre Hopkins, Calvin Ridley, Terry McLaurin, Jaylen Reed, Jordan Addison, Drake London, Zay Flowers, Rashee Rice, Keenan Allen, Stefon Diggs, Cooper Kupp, Tyler Lockett, Deebo Samuel, Diontae Johnson, DeVonta Smith, Courtland Sutton, Tank Dell

Edited by MD4L
  • Like 7

I'd probably slide Adams and Aiyuk up a level, but I like this.   Moore was elite last year and has been pretty consistent his whole career despite terrible QB play.  

• Like 1

I see what's going on here--Frogs is buying big on the Jets' offense this year. Don't think I'd put that kind of money on a 40 year old QB coming off a lost year and playing behind a makeshift OL, but I see where Frogs is coming from.

The disrespect for Chris Olave after putting Garrett Wilson at 8 is unreal, tho haha I'm an idiot who TOTALLY skipped over Olave at 11, laugh at me along with me

Edited by Blue
  • Like 2

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the best WR in the in the AFC North is George Pickens. 

Trust me when I say this man is legitimately the best WR in the AFC north. Swap him and chase's QBs the last two years and you'd see the difference.

Tee Higgins is a close third.

2 hours ago, Blue said:

I see what's going on here--Frogs is buying big on the Jets' offense this year. Don't think I'd put that kind of money on a 40 year old QB coming off a lost year and playing behind a makeshift OL, but I see where Frogs is coming from.

The disrespect for Chris Olave after putting Garrett Wilson at 8 is unreal, tho haha I'm an idiot who TOTALLY skipped over Olave at 11, laugh at me along with me

Ironically I am not big on the Jets offense as a whole. The OL is old and yeah relying on 40 year old QBs recovering from injuries is hard to do.

However, Breece/Wilson is one hell of a 1-2 punch.

I also think very very highly of Olave.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Xmad said:

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the best WR in the in the AFC North is George Pickens. 

Trust me when I say this man is legitimately the best WR in the AFC north. Swap him and chase's QBs the last two years and you'd see the difference.

Tee Higgins is a close third.

Amari Cooper?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

Amari Cooper?

Fantastic WR but unless he has a dude force feeding him the ball like Flacco did he's not as dangerous.