BDL Discussion Thread 2024

6 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

Welcome to Anchorage, 

Elijah Klein
Jarvis Brownlee Jr
Jared Wiley

Brownlee was my highest remaining player on my draft board and he’s gotten good reports out of camp. If I didn’t have so many CB’s I would have bid on him. That’s a nice get 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MD4L said:

Favorite signing so far is Braden Smith. That’s a steal.

My strategy worked there. there were a ton of OT’s on the market, so I started right away with a higher bid on him and he kind of got forgotten about as people inched up other players. 

Happy to have him, he’ll be my starting RT and let Fuaga be my swing T

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

Are we policing which bids put people over the roster limit & cap?

How do you track that with the chaos going on though? And I'm legit asking in the sense of it being a flurry and it's a good question. I assume their is grace period to get under the cap, but this is new to me. 

7 hours ago, MD4L said:

Favorite signing so far is Braden Smith. That’s a steal.

I really liked Pete getting Knox cheap too. Low, low risk for a guy with decent history. 

7 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

Are we policing which bids put people over the roster limit & cap?

You can't bid over your cap but you can bid over your roster limit. From the first post of the shark tank thread:

"If you have the High Bid for 24hrs, then that player will be added to your Roster. If any of these additions would take you over the 70 man limit, you would need to make a corresponding roster move within 24 hours or the player would be awarded to the next highest offer or return to FA ."

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, rackcs said:

You can't bid over your cap but you can bid over your roster limit. From the first post of the shark tank thread:

"If you have the High Bid for 24hrs, then that player will be added to your Roster. If any of these additions would take you over the 70 man limit, you would need to make a corresponding roster move within 24 hours or the player would be awarded to the next highest offer or return to FA ."

You can bid over your roster limit as long as you cut someone if you win bids that put you over 70

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Brownlee was my highest remaining player on my draft board and he’s gotten good reports out of camp. If I didn’t have so many CB’s I would have bid on him. That’s a nice get 

I didn’t get a rookie corner in the draft this year (Bullard is playing a lot of slot but still consider him a safety) so I had to get someone

5 minutes ago, InjuredReserve said:

Monster steal. Shocked he got through the guys with tons of cap.

Looking at who has tons of cap, I'm not.

I'll definitely need some policing on my roster limit, currently bidding on six more guys and I'm already at 66 players. It'll be a shame to let Mwil favorite Brandon Smith go, but at least he'll have Zander Horvath to follow him out the door.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

I'm mad I missed the deadline on Means. Good acquisition @Blue, I like that dude

I don’t even know when my bids go final, just popping into the thread whenever I get a notification.