2024 BDL Winter Owners Summit

So this is all a mess my mind won’t continue to process lol. Are we fine working this out into one proposal? Ted has lowered the amount of increase in his proposal and it is laid out for multiple years. It doesn’t affect rounds 6-7

Just now, TedLavie said:

Ideally, I'm down for that. I just don't know how to "painlessly" extract the IRL rookie salary numbers to make the calculation every year. My new proposal (which I posted just now) basically takes the idea you're submitting without making us do calculations every year. 

I think that's the better of all worlds.

@Scoundrel I'd like to retract proposal #2 and instead change it to:

Every year the salary of the BDL 1st overall pick is equivalent to the salary of the IRL 1st overall of the previous year. The rest of the rookie scale is deducted from that number until 6.01 old rookie scale (and salary under $500) still apply.

Proposal in the google sheet

I just don't see any reason we would base it on the previous year's 1st overall pick. We've already accounted for inflation with the 75% discount.

Just now, Blue said:

I just don't see any reason we would base it on the previous year's 1st overall pick. We've already accounted for inflation with the 75% discount.

Because we don't know in advance the salary of 1.01. 

For instance this year I don't think we know the salary of whoever will be picked 1st

Just now, Scoundrel said:

Should I not calculate any votes until the 8th like the OP clearly states voting should wait until? 

I think we can pause the rookie scale votes since bcb and I are worried about different things lol

@bcb1213 you're concerned about the gap between 5.16 and 6.01

I'm concerned about linking 1.01 to IRL numbers.

I think we can work out a proposal together fitting both our concerns

• Like 1

Just now, TedLavie said:

I think we can pause the rookie scale votes since bcb and I are worried about different things lol

@bcb1213 you're concerned about the gap between 5.16 and 6.01

I'm concerned about linking 1.01 to IRL numbers.

I think we can work out a proposal together fitting both our concerns

I’ve asked Nacho to lock this thread. We need to start this process over.

if you guys want to pick a percentage of the 1sr picks salary we start with and want me to scale it down to the 6th round 500, I have no problem doing that every year, it won't be overly difficult.  I think that blends real life and bdl more efficiently

• Like 2

Just now, bcb1213 said:

if you guys want to pick a percentage of the 1sr picks salary we start with and want me to scale it down to the 6th round 500, I have no problem doing that every year, it won't be overly difficult.  I think that blends real life and bdl more efficiently

I am on board with this