2024 BDL Winter Owners Summit

I'm going to vote no on issue 3.  I don't think the system we have is broken in any way, so I see no need to change it.  I don't think there's many undrafted free agents irl who sign three year deals

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RedGold said:

You can remove mine.  My main reasoning was to reduce the amount of sheet work I was doing for ERFA 

I think you can all but ignore doing this in the sheets besides marking them signed erfa after they are renewed. It's something we can track and do in the transactions thread to save the added hassle 

3 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

I vow to do all my ERFA at the same time in one post to make it easier if that helps?

I think he's referring to the tab we normally have that lists all the players eligible to be ERFA and RFA.

• Like 1

No I don't plan on actually making that work.  

There's like 102 ERFA's.    All of those have to be touched in sheet manually,  as most are kept for the low cost.   

We can delete the proposal,  my main reasoning was since most are kept..  it would be less work to do the Sub500 cut list,  than the Tag list.    It would only reduce it by the 32 PFA's, but it'd be less work.  

I just want to be on the record that a 1st+ plus tender is a terrible idea. Realistically, the extra salary isn't going to dissuade anyone from tendering that player. What is the point of adding a 3rd round pick to the compensation? If it's a franchise QB, the offering team is still going to have to make a huge financial commitment to have any chance of clawing the player away from the team that tendered him.

If you really, absolutely, desperately want to be able to acquire a QB who is getting tendered, then make a proposal that RFAs are tradeable until the end of the RFA bidding period. Alternatively, make it serious draft capital--a 1st and a 2nd, at minimum, preferably two 1sts.

Edited by Blue

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

I just want to be on the record that a 1st+ plus tender is a terrible idea. Realistically, the extra salary isn't going to dissuade anyone from tendering that player. What is the point of adding a 3rd round pick to the compensation? If it's a franchise QB, the offering team is still going to have to make a huge financial commitment to have any chance of clawing the player away from the team that tendered him.

If you really, absolutely, desperately want to be able to acquire a QB who is getting tendered, then make a proposal that RFAs are tradeable until the end of the RFA bidding period.

It’s not terrible. The end 

17 minutes ago, Blue said:

Alternatively, make it serious draft capital--a 1st and a 2nd, at minimum, preferably two 1sts.

I am down for this if the price of placing this tag is equally costly to the tagger meaning a pretty hefty tag amount 

28 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Is there a certain number of majority votes needed to pass or is that not the case since we have co owners or is it just whether yes or no have the most votes at deadline?

It's 9 to pass.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Can someone run the summit that is more organized and patient than I am? Please. I tried but my mind only works or doesn’t work a certain way

You did fine. I considered this more like a House Sub-Committee where we are crafting fine details of proposals before putting them forth for a full vote next week. Most of the time things don't make it out of committee. It's why I've been offering opinions and thoughts on the topics.  

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

You did fine. I considered this more like a House Sub-Committee where we are crafting fine details of proposals before putting them forth for a full vote next week. Most of the time things don't make it out of committee. It's why I've been offering opinions and thoughts on the topics.  

Thanks. I let Ted take over think he can manage it better than I can at the moment