2024 BDL Winter Owners Summit

Just now, Scoundrel said:

I’ve asked Nacho to lock this thread. We need to start this process over.

Why lock it? Just don't start the votes yet 🙂 

Discussion is interesting (well if you're a contract nerd like me, I understand this may not be for everyone)

1 minute ago, TedLavie said:

Why lock it? Just don't start the votes yet 🙂 

Discussion is interesting (well if you're a contract nerd like me, I understand this may not be for everyone)

I don’t want to run it anymore 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TedLavie said:

It's an estimated value. Honestly I don't have a strong opinion either way, but I'd prefer using a more reliable number, even if it's based on last year numbers

Yes, but with the rookie pay scale, it's a very accurate estimate. The only issue I could possibly see with using current year numbers is if a player waits to sign until training camp when we run our Shark Tank, but even then you should have a pretty good estimate of what that player's cap hit will be. It's not a surprise.

That said, if we want to absolutely avoid any potential complications, taking last year's rookie cap numbers is fine with me.

1 minute ago, bcb1213 said:

if you guys want to pick a percentage of the 1sr picks salary we start with and want me to scale it down to the 6th round 500, I have no problem doing that every year, it won't be overly difficult.  I think that blends real life and bdl more efficiently

I'm down. I can provide spot checks for random picks to make sure your proposal is more or less in line with IRL numbers and we can roll with a common proposal after that?

2 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

I'm down. I can provide spot checks for random picks to make sure your proposal is more or less in line with IRL numbers and we can roll with a common proposal after that?

if you want to sure, I just believe in trying to keep each value from pick to pick fairly close.  Like in my proposal first round  picks goes down 160 each time, then it goes to 140 in the second round , so on and so forth so it may not jive super well the farther in we go

• Like 1

Just now, bcb1213 said:

@TedLavie  I'm yes on issue one so that one should pass.  Now we can move to issue three.  I still think it's wise to chat about these one at a time

Yes, I just have a formatting issue on my post so I'll wait for your scale proposal to update it clearly and move on