2024 BDL Winter Owners Summit

40 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

I am down for this if the price of placing this tag is equally costly to the tagger meaning a pretty hefty tag amount 

The proposal already states that the RFA+ tag would cost the same as the first overall pick, which is nearly a 300% increase on the current 1st round tag amount. Shall we increase the compensation to three 1st round picks?

EDIT: I'm not sure why Ted's post says 1st and 4th round picks when Scoundrel's proposal says 1st and 3rd, but it doesn't really matter because neither pick is going to dissuade anyone from bidding.

Edited by Blue

4 minutes ago, Blue said:

The proposal already states that the RFA+ tag would cost the same as the first overall pick, which is nearly a 300% increase on the current 1st round tag amount. Shall we increase the compensation to three 1st round picks?

EDIT: I'm not sure why Ted's post says 1st and 4th round picks when Scoundrel's proposal says 1st and 3rd, but it doesn't really matter because neither pick is going to dissuade anyone from bidding.

I changed it to 1st and 4th before

9 minutes ago, Blue said:

It’s Racks proposal so I’m fine either way

Just now, Scoundrel said:

Nearly? A 300% is $10,500… $6,500 is closer to $3,500

I'm currently voting for the 1st overall pick to be close to $9k. While that doesn't look like it's going to pass, the first pick is  going to be worth substantially more than $6500 no matter what going forward.

• Like 1

ok, so lets figure out where we'd like to start pick 1 at and i'll make it work from there.  i saw 7k, is that acceptable, should we got a bit higher to make it work for a few more years, say 7200

1 minute ago, bcb1213 said:

ok, so lets figure out where we'd like to start pick 1 at and i'll make it work from there.  i saw 7k, is that acceptable, should we got a bit higher to make it work for a few more years, say 7200

Are we starting in 2025 or this years draft?

14 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

$7180. It's 75% of this year 1st overall pick salary 

Edited by TedLavie

1 hour ago, RedGold said:

No I don't plan on actually making that work.  

There's like 102 ERFA's.    All of those have to be touched in sheet manually,  as most are kept for the low cost.   

We can delete the proposal,  my main reasoning was since most are kept..  it would be less work to do the Sub500 cut list,  than the Tag list.    It would only reduce it by the 32 PFA's, but it'd be less work.  

You sure you want to delete it? Cause I'm considering changing my vote to a yes

4 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Let’s make it $7,200 and I’m down 

Rookie scale will start in 2025. In 2025 the IRL 1.01 salary will change so the 1st overall pick under the new scale wouldn't be $7,180 either. It's just the starting point this year for bcb to make the first scale

4 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Let’s make it $7,200 and I’m down 

I think we are still talking about 2 different things.

Ted wants to automate things going forward to a set amount each year based off a percentage (75%) and starting point of the previous year's #1 NFL contract. (So forever and always the Rookie Wage Scale will be increasing going forward.)

Bcb is wanting to do a baseline number that we agree works and then we just revisit every few years. (Basically a continuing resolution of what we currently have just with higher numbers)

• Like 2