Commanders hire Adam Peters to be new GM (5 year deal)

1 minute ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I suspect there is an outside chance at Mayhew staying on in some capacity, especially to help ease transition, as he worked with Peters in SF front office.  

Nooooooooo!

Clean house. Burn the rubble. Scorched earth. Leave no trace. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, RSkinGM said:

Is he linked to any particular H C candidate ?

Slowik was there in SF while Peters was. I'm not sure if Ben and him have one, but a lot of people have linked them regardless since they ar the top two. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I suspect there is an outside chance at Mayhew staying on in some capacity, especially to help ease transition, as he worked with Peters in SF front office.  

Possibly. Agreed. They could find a useful role for him. It's not like he's making the final decisions. 

1 minute ago, Slappy Mc said:

Nooooooooo!

Clean house. Burn the rubble. Scorched earth. Leave no trace. 

Mayhew would function as someone with former GM experience, and who can communicate well with Peters and help him chart this vision out.  

It might be too awkward.  Who knows.  But again, given their history of working together, I wouldn’t hate it.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Mayhew would function as someone with former GM experience, and who can communicate well with Peters and help him chart this vision out.  

It might be too awkward.  Who knows.  But again, given their history of working together, I wouldn’t hate it.  

I'm just of the opinion that everyone must go. 

Just my preference. Can't leave any stain brought by the previous owners/staff. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I could be wrong, but didn’t Mayhew & Peters work together in San Fran under Lynch?

Mayhew & Peters were both VP’s of player personnel under Lynch.

It helps to have someone retained who knows the players and the team in and out like Mayhew. I don’t have a problem with him working under Peters as the Assistant GM.

4 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I'm just of the opinion that everyone must go. 

Just my preference. Can't leave any stain brought by the previous owners/staff. 

I generally agree but there is a hell of a lot of work to do in the next 4 months. It’s only a month and a half until free agency starts. Peters & Mayhew worked together in San Fran for several years. Mayhew never had final say under Rivera & still won’t, he’ll be working under Peters. It helps Peters if Mayhew stays on bc Mayhew knows the players & that makes Peters’s transition easier.

Edited by turtle28

Nice move, guys. 

I don't know if I'm missing something but BB could be in the cards for you as a HC. Peters was in New England as a scout from 2003-2009 before he followed McDisaster here to Denver. Despite being part of the fiasco, Elway not only retained Peters after Mac was fired but promoted him. Like I said yesterday, he has ties to multiple "trees" so any candidate could be on the list, BB included. As could Johnson, Slowik, MacDonald, etc.

Anyway, congrats on the hire. It's good to see a formerly-iconic franchise beginning to right the ship. 

• Like 2