Commanders hire Adam Peters to be new GM (5 year deal)

23 minutes ago, e16bball said:

It’s very difficult, every time I watch the Lions play, to not immediately see the way Drake Maye would play in this Ben Johnson offense. We keep talking about comps with him, but Jared Goff isn’t a terrible one. Both of them can just absolutely hammer those middle-of-the-field throws. 

I see Terry, Jahan and a rookie TE we draft or Dalton Shultz absolutely going off in the middle-of-the-field in Ben Johnson’s offense as well as BRob, CRod & Gibson or a rookie RB we draft getting near 2000 yards rushing and 15-20 TDs.

Edited by turtle28

2 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

The only way you don't bring Ben Johnson here is if he says no. Hiring anyone else would just be stupid. 

I’ve said it a few times I believe it’s a done deal without anyone saying it is. I could be wrong, not likely. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I see Terry, Jahan and a rookie TE we draft or Dalton Shultz absolutely going off in the middle-of-the-field in Ben Johnson’s offense as well as BRob, CRod & Gibson or a rookie RB we draft getting near 2000 yards rushing and 15-20 TDs.

The big key that we can’t forget about is that their OL is excellent. 

That’s going to be a multi-year project, probably. But we will have to focus significant resources on making sure that the OL at least isn’t terrible again.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

2 drops from Reynolds. Lions choking a bit. They’re going to let Smug Shanahan go to the Superbowl. 1 positive we get our HC sooner 

I keep trying to tell myself this is a good thing for us.

I really enjoy watching Kyle and Trent suffer. A bummer that they’re going to get another shot at Mahomes.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

I’m all in on Ben Johnson. This Lions team looks great.

Peters needs to have a ton of questions for Johnson on time management and the playcalling in the second half. The Lions were running all over the 49ers with sweeps and off tackle runs to the edge. And in the second half, they started trying to pound it up the middle.

22 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I really enjoy watching Kyle and Trent suffer. A bummer that they’re going to get another shot at Mahomes.

I always find it odd how much you dislike Trent lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, e16bball said:

Yup. While I like being able to go after Johnson now, I would've loved for SF to lose today and have a team to really root for this SB. Now I have to hold my nose and root for KC.