The Offseason

Acgott

41 minutes ago, Danger said:

Wondering if a move to RG is a potential option for Evan Neal. Do you think he'd be better there?

I don’t think it’s a likely scenario, but I’m sure they’ll try everything. Hopefully the new OL coach can make him serviceable. Neal is 6’7, seems too tall for a guard.

I've been a fan of Barkley since 2015.

Objectively I think it's a poor decision for us to give that much money to a RB, BUT... he's my favorite player of all time, so I'll welcome him with open arms.

6 minutes ago, Danger said:

Objectively I think it's a poor decision for us to give that much money to a RB, BUT... he's my favorite player of all time, so I'll welcome him with open arms.

He grew up in the area, all his friends are Eagles fans. I’m sure he’ll do well with you guys.

And Robert Hunt to the Panthers.. this team is in for a horror show next season.  Runyan being signed told me right away were going to be out bid for the top OL in FA. Gear up boys, 2024 is gonna be ugly. 

Edited by Giants4eva

54 minutes ago, Danger said:

I am happy for Barkley, he deserved to get paid and to play behind a good offensive line. That being said, after looking at the comments on the Eagles board it seems like a fair amount of you Eagles fans are thinking you are getting explosive Rookie Barkley, after he tore his ACL he is no longer that running back.

While it will be a bit painful to see him succeed as an Eagle, the Giants needed to move on from Barkley they made the right decision not to resign him at that price.

20 minutes ago, Go_Giants said:

I am happy for Barkley, he deserved to get paid and to play behind a good offensive line. That being said, after looking at the comments on the Eagles board it seems like a fair amount of you Eagles fans are thinking you are getting explosive Rookie Barkley, after he tore his ACL he is no longer that running back.

While it will be a bit painful to see him succeed as an Eagle, the Giants needed to move on from Barkley they made the right decision not to resign him at that price.

I know he's not Penn State/Rookie Barkley, but he's also not as bad as he was in years 3-4. It took a good bit for him to truly heal from his ACL.

8 minutes ago, Danger said:

I know he's not Penn State/Rookie Barkley, but he's also not as bad as he was in years 3-4. It took a good bit for him to truly heal from his ACL.

I agree however being the 2nd highest-paid running back in history means he is being paid as if he Rookie Barkley.

9 minutes ago, Go_Giants said:

I agree however being the 2nd highest-paid running back in history means he is being paid as if he Rookie Barkley.

For our sakes, I'm just hoping for 2 years of him being 80-90% of what he was as a Rookie and healthy. Hopefully playing with not only a good OL but a good team in general helps him accomplish that. Not to throw shade but the Eagles offense in every position is effectively better than what he's played with thus far.