Progressive Playoff Pick Em 2023 Season

5 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

this one could be tricky to determine too, without you defining it better now. 

because if the camera shows Swift and Kelce hugging after the game for a few seconds, then the next immediate camera shot is of Reid eating a cheeseburger next to them, then back to Swift even though it's the same moment in time, is that TWO camera cuts of the same event?

This is tricky. I'm going to tally up the amount of time she's on camera, and check online sources to see if anyone else is tracking this (it's the SB and people bet on the most ridiculous things, so I might get lucky)

To answer your question, I would guess that's one because the camera is cutting more to Reid than Taylor. 

Aaaand going forward, I'll just stick to football related questions. This could get ridiculous. I don't even like Taylor Swift's music except for "Hey Stephen" haha

9 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Sure. It's any score that isn't a passing TD.

how about if a QB steps out of the endzone, resulting in a safety? and no specific defensive player was the one closest to him, forcing the mistake?

technically, did the QB score the points, just for the other team?

how about if a punter does it?

lololol

disclaimer: thank you for involving me on the bonus question write up. but guys, i had nothing to do with this one!

Edited by vike daddy
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

how about if a QB steps out of the endzone, resulting in a safety? and no specific defensive player was the one closest to him, forcing the mistake?

lololol

Because the question is "1st player to score.." and no specific player caused that play to happen, nobody would get credit for it.

That'd be like Dan Orlovsky running out of the back of the endzone, but not being chased by Jared Allen. He just did it for no reason haha

I think Deshone Kizer did that actually in a preseason game once!

4 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

lololol

disclaimer: thank you for involving me on the bonus question write up. but guys, i had nothing to do with this one!

how about.... a team is lined up on the 6 inch line for a punt and the long snapper sails it over the punter's head and out of the end zone for a safety?

Just now, SteelKing728 said:

That'd be like Dan Orlovsky running out of the back of the endzone, but not being chased by Jared Allen. He just did it for no reason haha

or the qb is looking downfield to pass and steps on the back line by accident. it can happen.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Superbowl:

San Francisco at Kansas City

Point Allotment: 32 points

-----

Bonus Round:

1. How many times will the camera cut to Taylor Swift during the Superbowl (pregame, game, postgame) 5pts

2. Which QB has the most rushing yards? 5pts

3. Which RB has the most receiving yards? 10pts

4. 1st player regardless of position to score (Clarification: To make the game more competitive, this does not include passing TDs, so don't pick Mahomes or Purdy Unless you predict them to run/receive/recover a fumble for a score. Further Clarification: This is any score that's not a passing score) 15 points

5. Final score of the game (Clarification: This is a variable question. If you are within 10 combined points of the final score, you get 5 points [Ex: The Score is 20-10, but you predict 20-3, you only receive 5 points]. If you are within 5 combined points of the final score, you get 10 points [Ex: The Score is 20-10, but you predict 20-9, you only receive 10 points]. A perfect final score is worth 25 points.

I'll take KC, 432, Mahomes, McCaffrey, Moody, and 27-24.

• Like 1

Total 51

Superbowl:

San Francisco at Kansas City 32

-----

Bonus Round:

1. How many times will the camera cut to Taylor Swift during the Superbowl (pregame, game, postgame) 5pts

2. Which QB has the most rushing yards? 5pts  Brock Purdy

3. Which RB has the most receiving yards? 10pts  Kyle Juszcyk

4. 1st player regardless of position to score 15 points  Marquez Valdes-Scantling still gotta represent my boy!

5. Final score of the game San Francisco 21 Kansas City 34

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Because the question is "1st player to score.." and no specific player caused that play to happen, nobody would get credit for it.

I think Deshone Kizer did that actually in a preseason game once!

Having watched Deshone Kizer in preseason, that is something he would do.  Truly awful QB.  Of all the scrubby back-ups we have had, only Graham Harrell was worse, and I don't think it was by much.  Was Joe Webb the WR you guys played at QB? He is better than Kizer.  

[edit]  Also, did Jared Allen get credit for the safety against Orlovsky? He was chasing him, but DO just pulled a boner, he easily could have thrown it away.  It was not forced by anything other than DO's incompetence.  

Edited by ThatJerkDave
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Having watched Deshone Kizer in preseason, that is something he would do.  Truly awful QB.  Of all the scrubby back-ups we have had, only Graham Harrell was worse, and I don't think it was by much.  Was Joe Webb the WR you guys played at QB? He is better than Kizer.  

[edit]  Also, did Jared Allen get credit for the safety against Orlovsky? He was chasing him, but DO just pulled a boner, he easily could have thrown it away.  It was not forced by anything other than DO's incompetence.  

He did get credit for it

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Superbowl:

San Francisco at Kansas City

Point Allotment: 32 points

-----

Bonus Round:

2. Which QB has the most rushing yards? 5pts

3. Which RB has the most receiving yards? 10pts

4. 1st player regardless of position to score (Clarification: To make the game more competitive, this does not include passing TDs, so don't pick Mahomes or Purdy Unless you predict them to run/receive/recover a fumble for a score. Further Clarification: This is any score that's not a passing score) 15 points

5. Final score of the game (Clarification: This is a variable question. If you are within 10 combined points of the final score, you get 5 points [Ex: The Score is 20-10, but you predict 20-3, you only receive 5 points]. If you are within 5 combined points of the final score, you get 10 points [Ex: The Score is 20-10, but you predict 20-9, you only receive 10 points]. A perfect final score is worth 25 points.

Couple of questions: 

1. won’t this be difficult to quantify? Especially if you are including pregame, game and postgame?

4. When you say first person to score, does this include FG’s? If not, you may want to add ‘First  player to score a TD’. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, marshpit23 said:

Couple of questions: 

1. won’t this be difficult to quantify? Especially if you are including pregame, game and postgame?

4. When you say first person to score, does this include FG’s? If not, you may want to add ‘First  player to score a TD’. 

1. Yes and that's why VD and I decided that it should only be worth 5 points (I originally had it as 30 points). I'll keep track of it.

4. Yes, it's regardless of position. Kickers, any run/rec, any defensive score, any return score