Progressive Playoff Pick Em 2023 Season

8 minutes ago, KFP7 said:

how old is your son?  I've got my first kid due in just over a week and have no idea what to expect haha. 

14 months. Everything is unexpected. Just stay in the moment though because they change in a blink.

Congrats too!!

Edited by SteelKing728
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, swede700 said:

No one knows what to expect.  You always have a general idea of how it should go, but then it never does.  🤣

this is weirdly reassuring

@SteelKing728 thank you! certainly looking forward to it.  And congratulations (14 months late) to you as well

Edited by KFP7
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, KFP7 said:

how old is your son?  I've got my first kid due in just over a week and have no idea what to expect haha. 

if you have expectations then what you should also expect is to be disappointed and frustrated when they don't occur.

you're writing a new book, and one you have no experience with, certainly not on a 24/7 basis as it will be.

eat healthy, rest when you can, enjoy the simple pleasures as they unfold, don't sweat the things that disappoint. learn and adapt, and adapt some more. most everything that has passed in your life will seem smaller now, some of it will even feel insignificant compared to your new role and the emotions you'll soon feel.

• Like 3

On 1/29/2024 at 12:10 AM, CriminalMind said:

Just wondering turnovers include “turnovers on downs” correct, else we’d have needed to say takeaways

Takeaways. I'll keep that in mind. Thanks.

@viking I didn't see your picks?

Edited by SteelKing728

@SteelKing728 110

@vike daddy 85

@sparkyjoe1 83

@marshpit23 69

@Louis Friend 68

@GermanVike 66

@vikesfan89 65

@swede700 60

@VikeManDan 56

@CriminalMind 56

@ThatJerkDave 51

@french t0ast 50

@KFP7 47

@viking 41

@Cearbhall 40

-----

Sorry for taking forever to update this. Its still Monday part 5 for me lol

Let me know if you see anything wrong.

SB+Bonus questions coming up!

Superbowl:

San Francisco at Kansas City

Point Allotment: 32 points

-----

Bonus Round:

1. How many times will the camera cut to Taylor Swift during the Superbowl (pregame, game, postgame) 5pts

2. Which QB has the most rushing yards? 5pts

3. Which RB has the most receiving yards? 10pts

4. 1st player regardless of position to score (Clarification: To make the game more competitive, this does not include passing TDs, so don't pick Mahomes or Purdy Unless you predict them to run/receive/recover a fumble for a score. Further Clarification: This is any score that's not a passing score) 15 points

5. Final score of the game (Clarification: This is a variable question. If you are within 10 combined points of the final score, you get 5 points [Ex: The Score is 20-10, but you predict 20-3, you only receive 5 points]. If you are within 5 combined points of the final score, you get 10 points [Ex: The Score is 20-10, but you predict 20-9, you only receive 10 points]. A perfect final score is worth 25 points.

Edited by SteelKing728

Credit to @vike daddy once again for helping with the bonus questions. 

I wanted to make the game as competitive as possible, that's why I didn't include SB MVP or passing TDs as bonus questions. That's because those are relatively easy questions, especially with QBs almost always winning any sort of MVP award.

If you guys need more clarification, please get back to me here and @ me or send me a message. The point is to have fun but it needs to make sense too lol

Superbowl:

San Francisco at Kansas City 32

-----

Bonus Round:

1. How many times will the camera cut to Taylor Swift during the Superbowl (pregame, game, postgame) 5pts 8 times

2. Which QB has the most rushing yards? 5pts Brock Purdy

3. Which RB has the most receiving yards? 10pts Christian McCaffrey 

4. 1st player regardless of position to score (Clarification: To make the game more competitive, this does not include passing TDs, so don't pick Mahomes or Purdy Unless you predict them to run/receive/recover a fumble for a score) 15 points Travis Kelce

5. Final score of the game (Clarification: This is a variable question. If you are within 10 combined points of the final score, you get 5 points [Ex: The Score is 20-10, but you predict 20-3, you only receive 5 points]. If you are within 5 combined points of the final score, you get 10 points [Ex: The Score is 20-10, but you predict 20-9, you only receive 10 points]. A perfect final score is worth 25 points. Chiefs 24 49ers 17

Superbowl:

San Francisco at Kansas City 32

-----

Bonus Round:

1. How many times will the camera cut to Taylor Swift during the Superbowl (pregame, game, postgame) 5pts 5 times

2. Which QB has the most rushing yards? 5pts Brock Purdy

3. Which RB has the most receiving yards? 10pts Christian McCaffrey 

4. 1st player regardless of position to score (Clarification: To make the game more competitive, this does not include passing TDs, so don't pick Mahomes or Purdy Unless you predict them to run/receive/recover a fumble for a score) 15 points Christian McCaffrey

5. Final score of the game (Clarification: This is a variable question. If you are within 10 combined points of the final score, you get 5 points [Ex: The Score is 20-10, but you predict 20-3, you only receive 5 points]. If you are within 5 combined points of the final score, you get 10 points [Ex: The Score is 20-10, but you predict 20-9, you only receive 10 points]. A perfect final score is worth 25 points. 49ers 31 KC 28

• Like 1

Superbowl:

San Francisco at Kansas City 32 

-----

Bonus Round:

1. How many times will the camera cut to Taylor Swift during the Superbowl (pregame, game, postgame) 5pts- 17 times 

2. Which QB has the most rushing yards? 5pts- Mahomes

3. Which RB has the most receiving yards? 10pts- McCaffrey

4. 1st player regardless of position to score (Clarification: To make the game more competitive, this does not include passing TDs, so don't pick Mahomes or Purdy Unless you predict them to run/receive/recover a fumble for a score) 15 points- Kelce 

5. Final score of the game (Clarification: This is a variable question. If you are within 10 combined points of the final score, you get 5 points [Ex: The Score is 20-10, but you predict 20-3, you only receive 5 points]. If you are within 5 combined points of the final score, you get 10 points [Ex: The Score is 20-10, but you predict 20-9, you only receive 10 points]. A perfect final score is worth 25 points. 27-21

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

4. 1st player regardless of position to score (Clarification: To make the game more competitive, this does not include passing TDs, so don't pick Mahomes or Purdy Unless you predict them to run/receive/recover a fumble for a score) 15 points

i assume a pick 6 interception return would also qualify, or is that a form of reception? it's certainly not considered "a passing td."

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

1. How many times will the camera cut to Taylor Swift during the Superbowl (pregame, game, postgame) 5pts

this one could be tricky to determine too, without you defining it better now. 

because if the camera shows Swift and Kelce hugging after the game for a few seconds, then the next immediate camera shot is of Reid eating a cheeseburger next to them, then back to Swift even though it's the same moment in time, is that TWO camera cuts of the same event?