NFC Wild Card: 6. Los Angeles Rams (10-7) @ Detroit Lions (12-5) Sunday Night Football

Louis Friend

Rams @ Lions   

64 members have voted

1. 1. Who gets revenge?

It's a legal hit when all said and done - it definitely shouldn't be in my view as it's reckless and the ramifications are massive. Not only did it finish Higbee's season, it's probably cost him next season too and part of me thinks that's probably it for Higbee as a starting TE in this league. As someone who has done their MCL/ACL before (twice over) it isn't a straight forward process of recovery. He will return, I'm sure, but he won't be the same guy and his knee won't ever be the same. 

Glad he got paid this season, at least he has that to fall back on, but the Rams are going to have to move off him now a lot sooner than expected. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DerbyRam said:

It's a legal hit when all said and done - it definitely shouldn't be in my view as it's reckless and the ramifications are massive. Not only did it finish Higbee's season, it's probably cost him next season too and part of me thinks that's probably it for Higbee as a starting TE in this league. As someone who has done their MCL/ACL before (twice over) it isn't a straight forward process of recovery. He will return, I'm sure, but he won't be the same guy and his knee won't ever be the same. 

Glad he got paid this season, at least he has that to fall back on, but the Rams are going to have to move off him now a lot sooner than expected. 

And you can see the defender wasn’t even intending to tackle high. You don’t need to hit the head. Hit the body. Not saying it’s easy bc it’s a bang bang play. But when you fly I head first diving at someone knees/legs it’s not good. Not just for the offensive player but the defensive player throwing his head and should leading the way. Just not a good way of proper tackling imo.

And you are right Higbee career could be over. Definitely will miss most of next season. Good thing Allen has shown flashes of what he can do. He will need to be a huge part of the Rams offense next season while Higbee is out. Just unnecessary. 

33 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

And you can see the defender wasn’t even intending to tackle high. You don’t need to hit the head. Hit the body. Not saying it’s easy bc it’s a bang bang play. But when you fly I head first diving at someone knees/legs it’s not good. Not just for the offensive player but the defensive player throwing his head and should leading the way. Just not a good way of proper tackling imo.

And you are right Higbee career could be over. Definitely will miss most of next season. Good thing Allen has shown flashes of what he can do. He will need to be a huge part of the Rams offense next season while Higbee is out. Just unnecessary. 

You're blaming Joseph, but the fault lies with how the league legislates those hits. Defenders get dinged all the time with flags/fines for hits to the stomach/chest area. You know where they'll never get flagged or fined? Any hit below the waist.

The hit zone has already been defined. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jameson_Neat said:

You're blaming Joseph, but the fault lies with how the league legislates those hits. Defenders get dinged all the time with flags/fines for hits to the stomach/chest area. You know where they'll never get flagged or fined? Any hit below the waist.

All I know is Joseph is now the poster guy for Campbell “biting knee caps” 🤦🏾‍♂️

But I understand it’s hard to play defense. Someone pointed out Joseph tried to take Jefferson head off but lucky that didn’t happen. You what did happen? Joseph got up tried to walk a bit and fell down. So like it’s not just the safety of the offensive player but the safety of him. When you try to be the “hard hitting safety” you literally can knock yourself out in the process. That’s why regardless of how hard it is to know where to hit you have to be technically sound when you tackle. 

4 hours ago, Jameson_Neat said:

The annoying part is the fact that he didn’t even look where he was tackling. The dude straight up put his head down and went for whatever he hit. That to me, is not right and could have been avoided. I think that defenders are in a tough spot with all the rules, but even then it could have been avoided imo. 

4 hours ago, Jameson_Neat said:

You can hit in the stomach and chest. You just can't go head or neck. The strike zone wasn't the issue with this play. Joseph just went for the easier tackle with little regard for his or opponents safety.

21 hours ago, theuntouchable said:

Sort of. The problem though is on the other end of that, Goff brought something to Detroit that Stafford wasn’t able to. 

that being said, I think it was meant more as a gesture to Goff than a slight to McVay. 

That's disingenuous though - Stafford never had a team/coach/GM around him like Goff does in Detroit.

Goff had a better team around him with the Rams than Stafford did in 2021 and couldn't get it done.

1 minute ago, FrantikRam said:

After having time to process everything, still feel like we gave this game away with how bad we were at/inside the ten yard line.

But didn't realize how dirty the Lions were. That was pretty shocking.

Well on twitter x I’m seeing Lion fans going overboard bc Ram fans have their opinions on the game.

Two things can be true. 1) yes the Lions did good things in the game to win. The game was won in the redzone 21-9 by the Lions 2) the last thing we saw when the Rams were marching on offense to score and take the lead was Puka being held and interfered with but no call. 

Instead of Lion fans saying they dodge a bullet late on a no call they will take it survive and advance they feel insulted by the legit take. As I always say in order to make a run to the Superbowl you need some lucky breaks. That was a lucky break. Embrace it Lion fans. Don’t mean you aren’t good bc the Lions are really good it just means this is part of a Superbowl run journey. 

2 hours ago, LeotheLion said:

You can hit in the stomach and chest. You just can't go head or neck. The strike zone wasn't the issue with this play. Joseph just went for the easier tackle with little regard for his or opponents safety.

Multiple players have said the league wants them to hit this way. That alone should end the dirty talk.

Here's Hockenson's teammate:

https://x.com/harrismith22/status/1747072143731347703?s=20

31 minutes ago, Jameson_Neat said:

Multiple players have said the league wants them to hit this way. That alone should end the dirty talk.

Here's Hockenson's teammate:

https://x.com/harrismith22/status/1747072143731347703?s=20

I've never said it was dirty. I've said it is reckless. Kerby has injured 2 people in a month with this same hit. He almost gave himself a concussion with a hit on Jefferson. He's going to continue to hurt himself and others unless he changes his ways. 

And what Harrison says it what I was basically saying. He's hitting this way because it is the easiest way to bring down a big guy. It's also one of the more dangerous ways too. That doesn't mean it is dirty. I think reckless is the best way to describe it.