NFC Wild Card: 6. Los Angeles Rams (10-7) @ Detroit Lions (12-5) Sunday Night Football

Louis Friend

Rams @ Lions   

64 members have voted

1. 1. Who gets revenge?

1 hour ago, Tank4Drake said:

When Stafford was asked if he’s happy for Detroit he said he’s happy for the players. No mention of fans or city of Detroit. Honestly the fans showed him no class before or after the game. Staff left on good terms and left a rebuilding team to go get a ring. He didn’t do them dirty at all. Smh Detroit fans. 

Really don't care what Matt said or thinks about Detroit, the fans, etc. Or anything for that matter. He's the best QB Detroit has had since Bobby Layne. He played through a lot of injuries and on some really bad teams. He was paid handsomely and afforded a generational WR to throw to. He had chances to lead the team to a Playoff win. The fans here always rooted for him and respected him. He asked for a trade and Detroit not only accommodated that, they sent him to the team he wanted to go to. A lot of Lions fans rooted for him to win with LA, and they did so good for the Rams and good for Matt. Any affinity for him ends there.

The Lions, the city of Detroit, and the fans don't owe him anything anymore. He doesn't owe any of us anything. Had he come back to Ford Field during the regular season, yeah I could see the attitude being a bit different. But coming back for Detroit's first home Playoff game in 32 years, dude isn't getting the red carpet rolled out for him. I'm not sure he was bothered by it or not, I don't honestly think he was, but again, I don't care either way. He got his cake and ate it too in 2021. If he was expecting to get the key to the city on top of all of that then he's just as bad as his wife. Shake your head all you want.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, nagahide13 said:

Damn. So this is what having haters feels like.

Its not hating. What a team that is finally winners not losers have to understand that as you climb that mountain every team goes through the "if this doesnt happen, they dont win" talk. Some arent valid but some truly is valid.

In this case its valid. Not saying the Lions didnt deserve to win. They won in one of the most important aspects of the game and thats redzone. They outscored the Rams 21-9 in the redzone. But at the same time in the biggest moment of the game win the Rams were marching to take the lead a missed DPI or holding call was missed by the refs. The Lions were the 5th most DPI/holding team in the league so its not a shocker they did that on Puka. The refs just didnt call it. As a result what shouldve been 1st down Rams get back into the redzone and Stafford late game comeback looms large it was 4th and 14 outside of FG range and the Rams punted. Lions fans can acknowledge they dodged a bullet and they will take it bc in the playoffs its survive and advance. In the playoffs sometimes you need a little luck or break to go your way. Thats with any team not just one team.

Then Lions fans need to understand that Craig Wrolstad crew has been horrendous officiating Rams games. If it wasnt for Craig Wrolstads crew the Lions wouldve made the playoffs last season. Craigs crew host the Rams that Week 18 game in Seattle that was the worse officiating game. As a result the Seahawks got into the playoffs and not the Lions. Craigs crew cost the Rams the game against the Steelers this season with not getting the ball spotted right. Had they done it correctly, Rams get the ball with Stafford having a chance to again do his 4th quarter late game drive to go down and tie the game to send it into OT. So the fact that the league even let Craigs crew even ref another Rams game definitely in the playoffs when the stakes are this high is a joke. 

So its not hating more so its just frustrating for us Rams fans and it should be for Lions fans bc a great game has a looming shadow over it by the incompetency of the same ref crew. But again I cant stress it enough, the Lions deserve to win this game. The game was decided in the redzone 21-9. We will never know how the Rams wouldve done if they had a 4th redzone trip if that penalty on Puka wouldve been called. What I do know is you keep giving McVay and Stafford more cracks at it against the 4th worst redzone defense they wouldve punch it in. So in that regard is what Im saying but overall the Lions deserved to win. They were more aggressive see 4th and 1 to score the TD and see 2nd and 9 to ice the game. They were more aggressive than the Rams. So I take nothing away but its far from hating at least on my part bc I cant speak for no one else.

Edited by stl4life07

12 hours ago, FrantikRam said:

What call hurt the Lions other than the offside that was missed? The Rams had three missed calls that literally ended drives...if the refs call all four of those, the Rams probably win.

I don't think it's fair to say the Lions 'needed' the refs - but don't act like it was even. That's just not the case

Refs also missed a pretty obvious late hit on Gibbs when he was out of bounds. 

hands to the face call missed too https://x.com/tbrandon84/status/1746971275363504545?s=46&t=kdjwjiwvnFyiHDRRzj-28g

Edited by fortdetroit

11 hours ago, General Tso said:

It was a down year because he missed 3 games which allowed Golden Tate to have a career year. That tandem is better than the tandem of ASRB and LaPorta.

Now if you want to include running game, sure, but a literal HOF and Pro Bowler isn't worse than the what the Lions have now..

ARSB was better this year than both Calvin and Tate were that year. Also, Reynolds/Raymond/Williams would have all been the third option in that passing game and LaPorta destroys the TE group.

15 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

ARSB was better this year than both Calvin and Tate were that year. Also, Reynolds/Raymond/Williams would have all been the third option in that passing game and LaPorta destroys the TE group.

I'll at best call it even, but we'll agree to disagree.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

It’s amazing how the Lions offensive weapons were no trouble leading up to this game and not even on the same tier as Puka & Kupp and now they are better than Megatron & Co. 

• Like 1

Just now, Louis Friend said:

It’s amazing how the Lions offensive weapons were no trouble leading up to this game and not even on the same tier as Puka & Kupp and now they are better than Megatron & Co. 

Please go find where I said that?

Also.....that's nonsensical because the Rams weapons are close to the 2014 Lions too.

17 hours ago, fortdetroit said:

Refs also missed a pretty obvious late hit on Gibbs when he was out of bounds. 

hands to the face call missed too https://x.com/tbrandon84/status/1746971275363504545?s=46&t=kdjwjiwvnFyiHDRRzj-28g

close-door-the-office.gif

hey hey don’t fit the narrative. You keep that out. Reported for bringing that up. 

Staff went after Kurby. But looking at those replays, my man’s took some hits. Warrior man. Warrior! I’ll die for that man. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, El Ramster said:

hey hey don’t fit the narrative. You keep that out. Reported for bringing that up. 

Staff went after Kurby. But looking at those replays, my man’s took some hits. Warrior man. Warrior! I’ll die for that man. 

Stafford is a lethal assassin. The Rams will win another Superbowl or at least get to another Superbowl with him before he isnt the Rams QB anymore. I strongly believe that. I love his toughness, his mindset, and of course his arm talent. The Rams will be aggressive in the offseason with the cap space and all their draft picks. I dont want to hear anyone crying about the Rams "buying another ring" or "creating another superteam" when they see the moves the Rams will be making in the offseason via signing and trades. Even into the season before or at the trade deadline.

Again this wasnt even supposed to be a year the Rams get into the playoffs and compete to advance. This was a year the Rams develop the young players and reset the books for the 2024 and 2025 season. So these next two years is where the Rams will go big again. If people didnt like the 2018 and 2021 Rams with all the moves they made that helped them get to the Superbowl and win one those same people arent going to like the 2024 and 2025 Rams. The only thing that will ruin them obviously is injuries.  

Edited by stl4life07

On 1/16/2024 at 8:08 PM, FrantikRam said:

The hit on Stafford (that somehow went uncalled) was unbelievably bad. The hit on Higbee was legal but anyone who leads with their helmet and is not even looking is at best, reckless. But probably dirty.

The only thing that could have been called on that play is McNeils forearm coming into contact with his head/neck area. Everything else about it was fine. 

that hit was absolutely reckless as he needs to keep his head up. Anyone who thinks that hit is dirty, must logical think that there is dirty players on all 32 teams (including the rams)

On 1/16/2024 at 8:12 PM, FrantikRam said:

What call hurt the Lions other than the offside that was missed? The Rams had three missed calls that literally ended drives...if the refs call all four of those, the Rams probably win.

I don't think it's fair to say the Lions 'needed' the refs - but don't act like it was even. That's just not the case

Well, first I think we need to establish what you’re attempting to claim here. 

you’re claiming that all 4 of their 2nd half drives were ended by a bad call? 

the field goal after the Stafford hit is the only semi-legitimate claim as there was contact to his head on the hit. That being said, the Lions absolutely thrashed LA in the redzone so the chances of the outcome being different is slim. 

The first drive after the half was stopped on a 3rd and 11 throw. The defender has every right to the ball just as the offensive player. That’s a no call 9/10 times. 

The other drive that does not contain a missed call would be the 3rd down throw to Kupp in the end zone with a field goal right after. I think you’re trying to say that the slight jersey grab warrants a flag but it does not. On top of that, that’s not at all how they were calling those plays in this game either. This would be an extremely tacky call even with a very strict ref crew. 

Hell, even on their last drive where Sutton grabs Nacuas jersey Hutch was also held on this play as well. So at worst, it would be 3rd and 14 again with LA converting 33% of their 3rd downs. 

if you are honestly trying to claim that the play on Kupp in the redzone and the throw to Atwell on 3rd down were DPIs, then I could very easily claim the same exact thing on each of the 2nd half Detroit drives other than the throw to Reynolds that was high. 

17 hours ago, El Ramster said:

Staffords toughness is , IMO nearly unrivaled. He’s an absolute competitor and after a rewatch, he pulled all the tricks out of the bag. A larger % of his throws were those no-look, sidearm, crazy angle lasers. I saw it a few times when the game was on but holy crap was there a ton of them. 

The amount of power that man can generate on a side-arm throw with no forward step is absolutely asinine. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, theuntouchable said:

Staffords toughness is , IMO nearly unrivaled. He’s an absolute competitor and after a rewatch, he pulled all the tricks out of the bag. A larger % of his throws were those no-look, sidearm, crazy angle lasers. I saw it a few times when the game was on but holy crap was there a ton of them. 

The amount of power that man can generate on a side-arm throw with no forward step is absolutely asinine. 

That TD double hitch throw to Tutu. 

giphy.gif

• Like 1

There was a play in that game in which Stafford... I can't say "pump faked" because his arm was moving too fast... but he (faked?) a throw into coverage and pulled it down. He full arm threw the ball but didn't release it. I have absolutely no idea how he held onto the ball, especially with that mangled hand.

It was not the following play, but it's similar. I'm pretty certain he threw the fake WAY harder vs. Detroit too.

Edited by nagahide13
  • Like 1