Playoffs! Rd. 1 -Green Bay at Dallas- House Money Game

Refugee

4 minutes ago, Billy86 said:

To be honest I think DET fans are just happy to be winning regardless. I prefer where ours is now, but while I hate to admit it I do really admire how they have built that squad (esp since the ceiling is a lot lower than ours with Goff there even if he has come good since the trade!). 

MIN fans were at least somewhat realistic and might have been half decent if Cousins kept healthy. 

Bears are a delusional lost cause, and the media did a tonne to enable that which is glorious. Did you know that Fields had the 10th shortest odds to win MVP back in August? I'm not kidding! 

Detroit is in a good spot.  Staying on top when the draft capital shrinks is a tougher deal

5 minutes ago, Leader said:

Oh. I dont know anything about Michigan other than these last few games I've watched.

I will say....Harbaugh might not want an Owner like Jerry breathing down his neck.

^ this

I'm pretty sure part of the reason Harbaugh wanted out of SF was how insufferable/meddlesom York was at the time. Can't imagine the Jones would be much better.

2 minutes ago, Striker said:

^ this

I'm pretty sure part of the reason Harbaugh wanted out of SF was how insufferable/meddlesom York was at the time. Can't imagine the Jones would be much better.

this is why I thought he would have been a great fit in GB

I'm hanging onto that. I think he could have been a historic GB HC

4 minutes ago, Isherwood said:

They were actually calling Justin Fields the new King in the North. Lmao, god damn

Imagine being Ryan Poles watching the game today. Watching Jordan Love methodically dissecting the #1 defense in the league. Then asking himself, "will Justin Field ever be able to keep up with him?" 

He then proceeds to church praying Caleb WIlliams declares by Monday's deadline. 

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

this is why I thought he would have been a great fit in GB

I'm hanging onto that. I think he could have been a historic GB HC

Packers hiring a former Bear is bad Karma. Worse, former Bear quarterback. He might bring their jinx with him. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Billy86 said:

I'm actually a little oddly/intrigued to see what the excuse will be this season and (hopefully) next over why MLF doesn't deserve to be in the COTY discussion. 

Wont happen this year...but with him out of AR's shadow will help him get a better share of credit going forward.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Wont happen this year...but with him out of AR's shadow will help him get a better share of credit going forward.

Possibly, though I have a feeling the same eejits who spent the last 12 months telling us how terrible our team is from top to bottom (plenty of whom vote on these things if I recall) and how doomed we are will conveniently memory hole that and be back to "we'll, with all those superstars who wouldn't have that success!?" if we manage 13+ wins next year. 

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

him + have gotten rid of Rodgers earlier

Oh...well maybe....who the hell knows. But there would have been fireworks beforehand.
The wonderment of whats happening now is how seamlessly its taking place.

The FO and HC deserve a bunch of credit.
Should make many a GM to consider their draft & develop strategy for QBs...but they probably wont. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Detroit is in a good spot.  Staying on top when the draft capital shrinks is a tougher deal

Yup, with all the top end draft picks they've had over the years, the rent will come due very soon to keep them plus what will they be doing for QB in the very near future.

4 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I hope Mac doesn’t get fired. Wish nothing but the best for that guy 

He's going to get fired, Jerry Jones is not a patient man and three years in a row is all he can take. Plus, it was to us and the heartbreakers he's had over the years. I also get a sense of him being resigned to his fate.

Maybe he could move back to GB. He'd be very welcome. 

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Isherwood said:

They were actually calling Justin Fields the new King in the North. Lmao, god damn

There's a podcast network called Packernet (it's pretty good, though one of the hosts called Clayton is actually amazing at what he does). If you look up some of the episodes from earlier I nthe year, usually from another host called Ryan Schlipp, he made a few episodes near the start of the year as receipts in advance, covering ALL the hype Fields and Chicago got in the off season. Not just from Bears fans but the national media. I'll try to track them down in the week and will post here, because it's incredible.

Stars receivers all over (to be fair DJ Moore at least is pretty great and did do his part), high end RBs, an elite offensive line following their off seasons moves, a brick wall of a defense... on and on it goes. It was actually amazing to listen to back in week 1-2, never even mind now. 

The best part? Whether it's Fields or Caleb, the exact same will happen as soon as we hit FA in March. And not just from Bears fans, but again the national media where your market size  determines how good you are from Feb - August. 

• Like 2