Playoffs! Rd. 1 -Green Bay at Dallas- House Money Game

Refugee

2 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Either I've coincidentally just saw Barkley's least impressive games/reps or he's wildly overrated. The next impressive play I see from him will be the first.

Honestly PITs backup RB looks better to me

People were talking about this guy like he was the next coming of adrian peterson. Hes like a top 15 rb in the league right now

Edited by HokieHigh
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Honestly PITs backup RB looks better to me

Warren looks good compared to Najee Harris, and I like that he can catch and runs routes well, but he is a fall over at first contact back.  He's elusive enough to make it work.

There's not a lot of actually good RBs in the NFL I fear.  D'Andre Swift is a pro bowler and he's kind of a joke player to me.

Kyren Williams had an amazing season and he's not overly talented but he's the perfect back for their system with great coaching to back up his skills.  He's kind of "above average" at everything.

Rhamondre Stevenson is a guy I would throw a  5th/6th round pick for to the patriots as a 1 year rental.  He's dynamic and poorly used there.

Breece Hall might actually be the most talented RB in the league after CMC.  Can't believe what he did on that team with that OL.

This is kind of a Koolaid place to be.  But I think Gute and his guys have made so many excellent scouting decisions, at least for the moment I'm going to totally trust whatever they choose to do.  :). If they come back with Jones and Dillon and Wilson, I'll trust it.  If they draft somebody, whether Day 2 or Day 3, I'll trust it.  If they do add a vet FA back, I'll trust that they've scouted the guy as having something left, and that he might add to our team.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, skibrett15 said:

Warren looks good compared to Najee Harris, and I like that he can catch and runs routes well, but he is a fall over at first contact back.  He's elusive enough to make it work.

There's not a lot of actually good RBs in the NFL I fear.  D'Andre Swift is a pro bowler and he's kind of a joke player to me.

Kyren Williams had an amazing season and he's not overly talented but he's the perfect back for their system with great coaching to back up his skills.  He's kind of "above average" at everything.

Rhamondre Stevenson is a guy I would throw a  5th/6th round pick for to the patriots as a 1 year rental.  He's dynamic and poorly used there.

Breece Hall might actually be the most talented RB in the league after CMC.  Can't believe what he did on that team with that OL.

Aaron Jones has some elite traits. I don't pay enough attention to RBs though. 

Derrick Henry can still rattle off some incredible runs, too 

5 hours ago, skibrett15 said:

Don't agree with the joke player label on Swift.   Think he would be an excellent addition for us.  Much better option in our offense than Dillon imo.   Other than that I agree with everything else posted.   

Love the idea of trading for Rhamondre Stevenson - I'd even go as high as either of our 4ths.  I think your 5/6 is probably more realistic since he was drafted rnd 4 120 overall.    

Another guy I like is Zach Moss.    He might get a mid-tier contract in FA but well, well below the Pollard, Swift, Barkley types.   Those others don't move the needle enough for me to break the bank on a RB contract    

My top dream this offseason is re-signing Jones for another year and adding Trey Benson

My 2nd option would be re-signing Jones and adding Moss in FA or trading for Stevenson and then maybe a Bucky Irving or Will Shipley

31 minutes ago, Kampfgeist said:

Don't agree with the joke player label on Swift.   Think he would be an excellent addition for us.  Much better option in our offense than Dillon imo.   Other than that I agree with everything else posted.   

Love the idea of trading for Rhamondre Stevenson - I'd even go as high as either of our 4ths.  I think your 5/6 is probably more realistic since he was drafted rnd 4 120 overall.    

Another guy I like is Zach Moss.    He might get a mid-tier contract in FA but well, well below the Pollard, Swift, Barkley types.   Those others don't move the needle enough for me to break the bank on a RB contract    

My top dream this offseason is re-signing Jones for another year and adding Trey Benson

My 2nd option would be re-signing Jones and adding Moss in FA or trading for Stevenson and then maybe a Bucky Irving or Will Shipley

Like your thinking of keeping Jones in both scenarios.  Don't have a clue who would be a RB to draft or a free agent to sign.  Jones is top dog for another year or two and then it's Gute's call to "freshen" the pot.

1 hour ago, Kampfgeist said:

Watch Derrick Henry highlights from this season and tell me you don't want to pair that with Aaron Jones on this offense.

Deadly

8 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Watch Derrick Henry highlights from this season and tell me you don't want to pair that with Aaron Jones on this offense.

Deadly

Oh Derrick Henry would be awesome.   I'm just considering cap $'s for Jones and Henry would be too much which is why I didn't include him in a wish list.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kampfgeist said:

Oh Derrick Henry would be awesome.   I'm just considering cap $'s for Jones and Henry would be too much which is why I didn't include him in a wish list.

Estimates I've seen have Henry's cap hit next year around $5mil. That's palatable for sure.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Estimates I've seen have Henry's cap hit next year around $5mil. That's palatable for sure.

I don't want to add another old/aging expensive RB.

As far as 

12 hours ago, Kampfgeist said:

He's a joke as a pro bowler.  Totally fine player bouyed by an excellent O-line who creates some massive creases for him.  he's not a difference maker.

Zack Moss is a good name I think I brought him up as a Jones alternative.  One cut runner who can catch the ball and is physical.

Henry:  I'll accept whatever path Gute decides to take, they've earned it.  But I admit I'm not too motivated to add a Henry-in-his-30's to Jones-who'll-turn-30.  This is an all-young, all-energy team, I'd lean toward a younger pathway.  

Jones:  They love Jones, he's great in our system, and he's earned so much good-will within the fan-base and the organization.  He would be well-served to re-work deal and stay with Packers as long as he can.  He's got a chance to have a lifetime of commercials or media opportunities or whatever for decades.  And obviously a chance to be part of a really good offense with serious playoff possibilities next year and beyond.  So I assume he'll make it work so that he'll be back next year.  

Just now, vegas492 said:

Just came to say that Barkley is 26 right now.  Turning 27 in February.  

he's had 3? high ankle sprains plus an ACL already

26 going on 30.  He's had 20 more touches in 2 fewer seasons than Jones.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Kampfgeist said:

Benson irving or shipley would all be fine acquisitions.

irving strikes me as a guy that will be mocked to a lot of teams this offseason but only a few GMs actually have rated midhigh 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

he's had 3? high ankle sprains plus an ACL already

26 going on 30.  He's had 20 more touches in 2 fewer seasons than Jones.

Right.  Which is why pairing him with Aaron Jones could be deadly.  Limit the touches on each.  Both are running in our scheme, which is vastly different than being the only offensive threat for the Giants.

It's a pipe dream of mine.  I totally feel like we will draft a RB or two, but Barkley still has special ability.